Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
(08-25-2019, 01:40 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Seriously tho this needs to be addressed

Admins dont have to. Their word is final
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'm sure the admins will get back to us after they've had time to talk and decide on whatever they need to
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(08-25-2019, 01:51 PM)Summer Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 01:40 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Seriously tho this needs to be addressed

It will be.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(08-25-2019, 01:57 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:

It will be.

In 1-60 business days
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-25-2019, 01:57 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:

It will be.

okay [Image: lazy-bored-boring-gif-3619496]
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Since were digging up discord trash here's some highlights from queef. Some examples of attacking people, bigotry, toxicity, trolling, harassment and @spamming. If you want to be this shining beacon of progress then practice what you preach. Its easy enough to make anyone look like the bad guy out of context but then again does context matter?

[Image: queef.jpg]

I dont give AF if this is satire or joking around. Its not ok to call another member a Odd Fellow. Its not ok to tell people to kill themselves. You want to cut down on toxicity? Then dont be part of the problem.
I wasn't going to comment on this but I guess I will join in the conversation. While I don't know the context of some of the ss posted, I will say I did give permission for one of the ss shown by Queef to be used in this thread. From what I experienced and saw, there was a lot of inappropriate conduct and behavior that caused a lot of unnecessary issues, which reflects poorly on the players, staff, servers, and community. 

Speaking on my experience, people have the right to have differing opinions and should be able to voice their opinion and have civil discussion, but that's not what happened. On a couple of occasions I know I was ganged up on by multiple people because they didn't agree with an opinion I gave (most of which wasn't public so a lot of people didn't know the extent of things). I went to the admins in hopes that someone could help; I know I had certain members of the community approach me about their concerns pertaining to the same people because they felt they didn't know who to trust or turn to and were afraid of being attacked for their opinion. I see a lot of people here saying they are afraid to voice their opinions now too. In any situation you should be able to express your opinion in a civil manner without it turning into an attack on someone.

Now I don't think permanent community bans will solve everything, but the behaviors exhibited are really damaging to a community which is why I can understand a ban to let things cool down and repair. I didn't expect anything like this to happen, I figured this would be a general address to everyone that it cant continue like this, but I guess we are here now. And I hope the friends I have that did get banned consider appealing and remember that people do still care about you here (as seen by the flood of comments on this thread).

And one final note, this is a serious thread that impacts the community that upset a lot of people. Please don't turn this into a meme dump and shitpost any more than it already is, it won't help or fix anything.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Avi, I am not and will not ever appeal this ban, this is the admins mistake, if they own up to their problems I will come back, if not then I'll gladly stay banned to prove a point
(08-25-2019, 03:08 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: Since were digging up discord trash here's some highlights from queef. Some examples of attacking people, bigotry, toxicity, trolling, harassment and @spamming. If you want to be this shining beacon of progress then practice what you preach. Its easy enough to make anyone look like the bad guy out of context but then again does context matter?

[Image: queef.jpg]

I dont give AF if this is satire or joking around. Its not ok to call another member a Odd Fellow. Its not ok to tell people to kill themselves. You want to cut down on toxicity? Then dont be part of the problem.

I'm not really sure why you're only attacking Queef. He isn't the only admin who would have voted on this decision. He's simply the one who was given the job of making the formal announcement.

Like I get that those things shouldn't be said, but it's like you're trying to shoot the messenger
Queef made the post thus "evidence" was gathered on him. It wasn't specifically to put him on blast but to point out the hypocrisy among staff standards specifically in the TTT community. As a whole TTT is toxic and more often than not this toxicity is birth from staff. It's about respect and as far as I can see there is very little of that. Jokingly calling players gay is the norm, staff literally invite a trolling atmosphere through their conduct.