Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
While what the accused have done deserve attention and a form of action taken to address it, I feel as if the entire situation was blown out of proportion and severely mishandled. Some of the accused are friends, some I couldn't give a shit about, and others I frankly do not know well enough to call anything. I've been an active and frequent member of this server since the Summer of 2018, so I've personally witnessed somethings, but there are many unknown dramas and events I have missed. In my eyes, this situation was severely mishandled.

Yes punishment was needed. Day/week/month like drama constantly being brought up is absolutely unnecessary. We are a bunch of teenagers and young adults in their early to mid-twenties, which are infamous for pointless dramas. Even so, we are a bunch of individuals that have our own lives. There is no need to harass and pester individuals that go against your opinion, blocking exists for a reason. (This is to the accused)

Some of the evidence I observed was the personal opinion of individuals in a discord separate from Dinkleberg's. Why are we banning people for badtalking others or their own servers? I understand if they were planning to harass individuals or Dink's from the discord, but what I was seeing was genuine opinions. This is not the world of 1984. Thought crimes don't exist. This isn't Brave New World, where being a dissident causes you to be exiled from the community. I can and WILL bring up what I find as mistakes and mishandling by any staff: admins, owner, and myself included.  (This is to our own community)    

As you said, there is a bunch of evidence that cannot be shown. Considering the severity of the punishment, I find the evidence lacking. A permanent community ban, regardless of the possibility of appeal, is NOT the proper punishment. Demotion for the staff and a temporary ban would have been acceptable, as they had been committing actions opposite of what staff and player conduct should be conducting. I have school starting next week, meaning my activity will plummet for months at a time until I get a break. I do not want to come back to a community that will ban for opinions, because I will leave if that is the case.

Overall, I find that this is not what we should strive for when it comes to the Dinkleberg community. The amount of active admins and staff in general that we have are already wanting. Some of the message that we are sending is positive: We will not tolerate harassment and the intentional action of causing others to feel isolated and unwanted. It has no place here, but the rest of the message is negative: We will not tolerate the personal badmouthing of others on this server. If you continuously disrespect the actions of staff, including the owner on even your OWN PERSONAL discord or community, you will be banned. You will be subordinate or you will be banned.

There is much more I would like to say, and in a better manner, but I am only a 17 year old playing on a gaming server where you kill terrorists as a terrorist, forgive me.

*I mentioned personal discords and opinions a bunch, even though they weren't the entirety of evidence. I did this because it shouldn't even be evidence. Yes it shows the ever present  toxicity and the temperament of the community of the accused, but we have absolutely no right to ban them for actions in other servers as long as it doesn't involve the planning of future harassment.*
[Image: gYIxK93.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Toxicity in the Community - by Raider Hanks - 08-25-2019, 09:26 AM
RE: Addressing Toxicity in the Community - by Avi - 08-25-2019, 03:08 PM