Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
For the people that don't know me, I started playing years ago back when @WILD was co-owner, but i was never actually here posting on the forums or in discord or anything, and then I took about a 2 year break. I would read what was going on, lurking and checking things, but never actually getting too involved. Now I'm starting to be more involved because it's becoming more mandatory because it seems like there's more abuse raining down (from my perspective - keep in mind, I'm also one of the older players, in age as well). Now for everyone else...

I have to agree with everyone saying this could have been handled better. A lot of the evidence shown was taken from private discords, with people having, rather strong personal opinions.

No, the insults were not OK.

No, egging on harassment and abuse was not OK.

However, the private opinions of the server and the people on them, not shared here among the community, again, in my opinion, should not be ban worthy.

"It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree"

Right, fair enough, so then why are any of those opinions, toxic as they may be, directed as they are, to important of people as they may be, being used as evidence? Is anyone going to tell me I'm wrong for this? Am I going to be banned? No, or at least I would hope not, by your own definitions.

Furthermore, "a unanimous joint PH and TTT Admin decision" Queef I don't know you too to be frank, but I don't see you interacting too directly with the community, but Gabe I see often enough playing. Other than that, the only actual staff I've seen recently were the mods just banned and test mods, save a few I've only recently gotten to know (I do stick to TTT so I have some bias). On slow nights Donors have had to fill in the role until we could call a reliable mod/test mod to hop on.

3 Times in the original post there is mention of evidence that cannot be shown, be it to keep people anonymous, or because it can't captured. But that's it. In the full post there's a few links to a private discord chat, sample images for each person's banned for each listed "toxic behavior" and that's it. But no real summary for the not shown evidence. But in the end we're told "This decision was not made lightly and was given much thought by all members of the Admin team and Dinkleberg." To be frank, it sounds more like a someone just wanted these players gone, with some "evidence" being with held and we're being told to just believe it.

Now I know I probably pushed a lot of buttons with this but hey, just myyyyy opinion.

Edit: Also I need my donor PLZ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Toxicity in the Community - by Seeker - 08-25-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: Addressing Toxicity in the Community - by Avi - 08-25-2019, 03:08 PM