Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noble Jades Staff App Electric Boogaloo
Ingame Name:  Noble Jade Falcon 

SteamID: 76561198050407386

Time Played: 850 hours or 35 and half days 

When First Joined: April 2016 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):  Weekends, weekday nights 
UTC+3

Rank Desired: Trusted 

Current Rank: Donor 

What can you do to help the community: Enforce the rules 

Why you want to help the community:  As you may be able to tell, I am in quite a different time zone now.  Because of this, I often play at times of day when there are no staff on - this leads to great pain not just for myself, but for other players as well who have to endure the lawlessness.  I intend to put a stop to such shenanigans at these hours - with me as a trusted, the sun will never set on Dinks TTT!   

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Yes https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pp-Round-2

How did you find us?: I don't recall, probably just saw it in the server browser 

Other: As I have pointed out, if you haven't seen me on, you probably won't see me on.  Due to the timezone difference, very few mods are on when I'm on except when it gets very late here.  At the moment, the only thing I can do is kick when no staff are on - I am of course very hesitant to do this as I do not have the proper tools to determine actual violations and only kick when they are committing blatant rdm repeatedly that I know for a fact happened.  Getting trusted would enable me to enforce the rules and create a better environment for all.  I've played here for a very long time - I know the rules, I also know what the rules aren't.  
Алтынного вора вешают, а полтинного чествуют.
This is your steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:45070829
You haven't been back since your last application in 2017. You have no recent involvement with the community and EXTREMELY little time over the past month.
Still, good luck.

https://imgur.com/a/uW4jCal <-- your time over the past month
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
(09-09-2019, 02:11 AM)JustKuono Wrote: -1
You haven't been back since your last application in 2017. You have no recent involvement with the community and EXTREMELY little time over the past month.
Still, good luck.

That’s not exactly true - I have been back since then.  I’ve played on and off since then and played quite a bit this summer I think.  Of course, if you’re referring to forum activity - I’m not going to become a prolific poster - this simply isn’t a good use of my time.  But I think you’re missing my point - I play on the server when mods aren’t on most of the time, which effectively means that most of the active mods don’t see me and many of the junior mods I don’t know well.  And how am I supposed to be involved in the community ? I live in a completely different time zone! I’ll be fill be fillimg a gap in the staff schedule that no else can realistically fill.
(09-09-2019, 04:35 AM)Noble Jade Falcon Wrote:
Still, good luck.

That’s not exactly true - I have been back since then.  I’ve played on and off since then and played quite a bit this summer I think.  Of course, if you’re referring to forum activity - I’m not going to become a prolific poster - this simply isn’t a good use of my time.  But I think you’re missing my point - I play on the server when mods aren’t on most of the time, which effectively means that most of the active mods don’t see me and many of the junior mods I don’t know well.  And how am I supposed to be involved in the community ? I live in a completely different time zone! I’ll be fill be fillimg a gap in the staff schedule that no else can realistically fill.
 ur not active ingame either unless you're playing under a different name.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(09-09-2019, 05:20 AM)Fozzy Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 04:35 AM)Noble Jade Falcon Wrote:
Still, good luck.

ur not active ingame either unless you're playing under a different name.
Eh, I’m starting to get active - it took me a month to figure how to get decent internet here. But, I’m not particularly inclined to play a lot if I have to put up with constant RDM, which is the situation currently.
-1 you need more activity over a month span, and I see little to no activity on the forums and discord.
One of the requirements for applying is consistent gameplay over the course of the last 30 days.

The part where it says "be part of the community for at least 30 days" means that, upon your return to the community, you need to have consistent game time on server.

I would suggest getting game time up and when playing at night put up ban requests for people who break the rules with evidence of the wrong doing. This helps more staff know you can handle being staff without us actually having to be on with you.

For now, -1

Also, being active in the discord and forums also helps staff know who you are and actually see how you interact with the community without having to be on server with you.
"Eh, I’m starting to get active - it took me a month to figure how to get decent internet here. But, I’m not particularly inclined to play a lot if I have to put up with constant RDM, which is the situation currently."

This is literally most of what you would deal with as a TTT staff member, saying you don't want to deal with it as a normal user shows lack of effort in wanting to change this outcome.  It is a bad mentality to have as someone wanting to become staff, as a normal user you can gather evidence and file a report (ban request) for people who constantly RDM. Based on your responses alone I'm going to vote -1 on your application.  Hopefully you take the advice of your peers to better prepare yourself if/when you decide to apply again.

+
(09-09-2019, 07:25 AM)Old Man Voss Wrote:
"Eh, I’m starting to get active - it took me a month to figure how to get decent internet here. But, I’m not particularly inclined to play a lot if I have to put up with constant RDM, which is the situation currently."

This is literally most of what you would deal with as a TTT staff member, saying you don't want to deal with it as a normal user shows lack of effort in wanting to change this outcome.  It is a bad mentality to have as someone wanting to become staff, as a normal user you can gather evidence and file a report (ban request) for people who constantly RDM. Based on your responses alone I'm going to vote -1 on your application.  Hopefully you take the advice of your peers to better prepare yourself if/when you decide to apply again.

+

I think you misunderstand me - I'm not talking about putting up with it as in being around when it happens.  What I'm talking about is being there - on the server -  and being powerless to stop it.  But I do take your point - it is illogical of me to desire a staff position if I'm unwilling to take the time to fill out ban requests.  It's not necessarily a mentality...it's more of me simply not having that much free time at the moment (admittedly, I've always found the community involvement argument a bit odd as for years you could simply buy staff...but I suspect that was done away with for a good reason).  But, I can endeavor to fill out ban requests when I have the time...which isn't much at the moment as I'm busy learning Russian full-time at the moment, which is A. very time intensive and B. headache inducing.  I do walk back the more irritated sounding parts of my earlier posts by the way - I was in a foul mood due to other matters unrelated to the server.

(09-09-2019, 06:36 AM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: One of the requirements for applying is consistent gameplay over the course of the last 30 days.

Fair point - I didn't notice that part.