Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jetpacks
I'm surprised this hasn't been removed yet you're entire hitbox goes into a ceiling, you live falls you shouldn't have survived, grapple hook exploit,making bhopping really easy if you have a jetpack and good fps and ping jetpacks are the main issue most bugs and shitregs are caused its really stupid.
I've suggested replacements to the admins in the past, but they believe most of the community would not be on board with removing it.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(09-20-2019, 07:27 AM)Trombowen Wrote: I've suggested replacements to the admins in the past, but they believe most of the community would not be on board with removing it.

I would definitely be down for replacing it. All I’ve heard proposed until now is just flat out removing it which just seems like a pretty annoying solution. What kind of replacements have you proposed?
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
Yeah the hitbox in the ceiling issue has been angering, because it literally makes it impossible to hit your opponent. However, the jetpack is one of the most unique items on the server, and I think gameplay would be a little boring without it.
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(09-20-2019, 07:27 AM)Trombowen Wrote: I've suggested replacements to the admins in the past, but they believe most of the community would not be on board with removing it.

Double jump was not a good suggestion worth pursuing and not in our best interest
—————————————————————————————-
but this idea of removing has been brought up in the past. To put it bluntly, people are always going to complain about the jump pack regardless of what happens to it because they all have their own issues. If we remove it completely it will piss some off and dinks is one of the unique places to use it. But there are issues with it, if you jump in some rooms your head goes in the ceiling, like you mention basically, but if you lower its power beyond where it is, it’s not that useful anymore and defeats the purpose, so modifying it would be pointless as another alternative. Balancing is another concern with it but the prices of the JP can always be modified to free or making it so you can obtain it within a map or two.  So leaving it as is or removing it seem to be the best two courses of action but both carry theirs own consequences, so there is no winning side

suggestions committee can take this up and investigate best course of action based on community feedback and rational reasoning then go from there
For me, the main plus of jetpacks on dinks vs other servers is the fall damage reduction and the lack of sprint. If we add sprint or reduce fall damage i would be open to them being removed, until then please no.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
I wasn't going to reply because I know it probably will be completely overlooked, but I'm just going to copy and paste my previous response to a thread like this.

[*] I've looked all over the Valve developer wiki and Garry's Mod wiki for a possible solution, but I don't believe it's entirely possible with the engine Garry's Mod works with. If you were to match the players hull with the model compensated with the jetpack boost, there'd be a severe issue when trying to get over things, and I think even under. It would feel terrible for those even who don't crouch jump.

However, I've found a possible fix on GitHub, but this is one I personally don't know if I enjoy compared to other potential fixes. The basic idea is that after a crouch jump, once you hit the ground, you're locked to the ground for a few seconds to prevent jump spamming. You can probably see the issue with this.

This is the GitHub lua code for it: GitHub

A few other options:

1) Lower the upward velocity given of the jumppack and alternate for more of a "safe-fall" option which would be encouraged as a simple hover rather than upward boost.

2) Crouch jumping makes your weapon extremely inaccurate- the worst option would be to 'jam' your weapon from firing when hovered.

3) You can no longer crouch jump for x seconds after shooting your weapon.
- You can crouch, but not jump and vice versa.

4) A function that prevents crouch jump spam by locking the player for a selected number of seconds after consecutive jumps.
- After x jumps you're prevented from jumping for x seconds.

5) Get rid of the jumppack.

I think two and three are the best options, but then you'd have to code it into every single weapon in TTT.

After digging through the FacePunch archives, I've also found this GitHub. It's another player mode code to prevent jump + crouch spamming.
I find it ironic that exploiting is against the rules when you have something like the jump pack that allows half your body to be warped into the ceiling making you unable to be headshotted. Gotta please the noobs tho xD.
Just sayin I’ve played around on the test server and other servers without the jump pack, didn’t really miss it

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon