Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Changes to the Knife

Out of all T-weapons, the knife is the most infamous. It's the one complained about all the time. While the T's should have instakill weapons, the knife requires no skill or finesse. You just point and click. You could go and look through all the forum posts about removing the knife. But I don't think we should remove it. In fact I propose a nerf for the knife.

It makes it to where you can't just run up and stab someone, which isn't that fun. It encourages stealthy play. It's a small enough nerf to where the knife will still be usable without removing a good T weapon in the traitor's arsenal. If you have any thoughts or ideas about the knife, feel free to add them here.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Keep it as is, how else are nooby players supposed to kill the 3 greats?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I'm game for this, so long as it actually works.
+1
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I agree with this. I end up using the knife behind people any ways to prevent being called out.

A ninja fallen prey to a kitty. Mew mew <3 

Backstab for knife is pretty cool imo. As for the knife requiring no skill to get an instakill, this is absolutely true, but you get a single kill with no skill at the cost of an entire credit. Not exactly a great bargain, so I'd say it's balanced in that regard.

Still want that backstab tho
Thank you! Finally somebody agrees with me. While it'll suck not being able to target obnoxious bunny hoppers anymore, balancing this weapon is a greater priority.
Ik another server that tried this same thing and iirc the hitreg addon we have on the server that is supposed to fix hitreg issues causes issues with the knife being this way (unless hitreg addon was removed again but Dink never said anything about that). Hits that were supposed to be full damage did half damage and hits that were supposed to be half damage did full damage at times bc of how the addon determines where the hit was.

Edit: not saying this is a bad idea, just needs to be fully tested before being considered, especially if the hitreg addon breaks it still
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(12-18-2019, 10:59 PM)Foxka Wrote: Keep it as is, how else are nooby players supposed to kill the 3 greats?

^^ EXACTLY!! i only use a knife when i have like no chance of winning a gun fight/when i have been caught being naughty so i don't think a nerf is needed. Especially since the knife isn't even used that often. the amount of times i have been domed out of nowhere is a lot more than the amount of times i have been knifed out of nowhere. maybe decrease the knife range if possible, if changing anything at all.
Cool
(12-19-2019, 03:23 PM)>Evee< Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 10:59 PM)Foxka Wrote: Keep it as is, how else are nooby players supposed to kill the 3 greats?

^^ EXACTLY!! i only use a knife when i have like no chance of winning a gun fight/when i have been caught being naughty so i don't think a nerf is needed. Especially since the knife isn't even used that often. the amount of times i have been domed out of nowhere is a lot more than the amount of times i have been knifed out of nowhere. maybe decrease the knife range if possible, if changing anything at all.
Tbh the knife is overused as fuck. You cant exactly go into 1 round without someone dying to a knife in a full server
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(12-18-2019, 10:43 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
Out of all T-weapons, the knife is the most infamous. It's the one complained about all the time. While the T's should have instakill weapons, the knife requires no skill or finesse. You just point and click. You could go and look through all the forum posts about removing the knife. But I don't think we should remove it. In fact I propose a nerf for the knife.

It makes it to where you can't just run up and stab someone, which isn't that fun. It encourages stealthy play. It's a small enough nerf to where the knife will still be usable without removing a good T weapon in the traitor's arsenal. If you have any thoughts or ideas about the knife, feel free to add them here.

well the fact that you have to be next to someone is a hassle itself.

It's the reason why people are not stationary in the server and everyone runs around.

it's also a bridge between the new players VERSUS the veterans. new players wouldn't stand a chance and will skew only AIM skills.

also ppl are gonna complain about how they "didn't get instakill pls fix sht hitbox watch replay"