Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Harpoon
Ah yes, the harpoon. One of the finest no skill, one hit T weapons that Dink's has to offer. 

It's a fine weapon actually, requiring at least a little bit of aim to be able to hit somebody.

Unless you hit them through the wall.

I don't know about you, but I've had my fair share of deaths come in the form of a harpoon flying out of the wall. Yeah, it can make for some funny moments, but it's an overall bullshit, unintended feature. People shouldn't be losing their inno/D rounds this way.

But wait, it's not just innos and Ds dying this way, is it? No, Ts die this way too. Imagine dying because you got one tapped through a wall. Reminds me a lot of the hitreg on this server...

All jokes aside, I think throwing harpoons through walls should be considered an exploit. It's an unintended feature that provides an unfair gameplay advantage for the person throwing the harpoon.

What do y'all think?
Gonna have to agree here. While doing this is funny as fuck, it feels really bad for a T who thought they were safe in a T room only to get instakilled out of nowhere. If there was an easy fix for the harpoon i'd suggest it, but labeling it as an exploit would do fine anyway.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
lol I don't think one can fix that harpoon, it's how it clips thru everything when you hold it out.

Personally, I like the harpoon. It has play around it rather than being well, the knife. Besides, if a T gets killed with a harpoon it's usually their fault or their teammate's fault.

besides, it's fun hitting people thru walls, those dirty campers shouldn't be standing still.
(12-19-2019, 12:52 AM)Noire ♜ Wrote: lol I don't think one can fix that harpoon, it's how it clips thru everything when you hold it out.

Personally, I like the harpoon. It has play around it rather than being well, the knife. Besides, if a T gets killed with a harpoon it's usually their fault or their teammate's fault.
This is just about labeling throwing it through a wall as an exploit, not removing it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Enforcing an exploit rule on the harpoon would be a pain. I honestly would rather have it removed.
It would take some time for people to get used to the change, but no doubt it's an exploit. Wouldn't mind either way if it's changed or not.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I wouldn't mind it being listed as a exploit it sucks ass getting killed through a wall
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I think it’s fine imo. It helps counter people doing things like door spamming or hiding in unreachable places. Of course there’s always the alternative of the C4, but that takes a timer and beeps to alert the victim. I say don’t give the camper the out, the harpoon through the wall is fine.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(12-19-2019, 12:10 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: I think it’s fine imo. It helps counter people doing things like door spamming or hiding in unreachable places. Of course there’s always the alternative of the C4, but that takes a timer and beeps to alert the victim. I say don’t give the camper the out, the harpoon through the wall is fine.

So instead of letting people utilize a legitimate, though unliked playstyle, we take advantage of the harpoon's bad coding and get a ridiculous kill?

IMO the Ts have enough tools at their disposal without the harpoon to kill/wound/send into panic the innocents.
Never had an issue with the harpoon, I’ve enjoyed how it works. It’s one kill, assuming it doesn’t glitch through the person.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon