Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Harpoon
Full thoughts are this
Whatever skill it requires to throw a harpoon is negated by the fact you can throw it w/o the chance of being called out imo. While yes that is the goal to eradicate without being killed or exposed its real scummy way to play and lowkey unfair since you can't be called out since ur behind a wall. Pretty sure every other weapon a t can be called out for being seen with/using bombs when thrown or being seen planting, knife well its a knife, guns, exc... you shouldn't have to be hidden behind a literal wall to kill someone
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I am sick and tired of you trying to change what makes this server great...

But throwing harpoons through walls is one of the more cheeky things that you can do, and should be considered an exploit.
Can yall just get rid of all t weps and d weps they are an unfair advantage against innos. TTT is supposed to be a competitive gamemode and no fun is permitted
(12-19-2019, 09:26 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: I am sick and tired of you trying to change what makes this server great...

But throwing harpoons through walls is one of the more cheeky things that you can do, and should be considered an exploit.

I figure if the owner won't fix things, I might as well try.
I think we should delete the server and make it vanilla minecraft 24/7
Yeah I'm heavily against this. Throwing the harpoon through walls was one of the many things I enjoyed doing to fuck with people. It is one of the many things you have to worry about in the game. You can't camp a room in one spot, because you could get pooned. You can't doorspam because you get pooned. My favorite thing was baiting people to throw it to me from within the T room and yeeting it right back. While it wasn't intended, its is an enjoyable addition. Don't make it an exploit and definitely don't remove it. Stop trying to take the fun out of this fucking gamemode. I don't play g-mod to compete or play equal, I play to FUCK AROUND. If you don't like getting killed through walls, don't stand in one place or don't be near walls.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(12-19-2019, 02:06 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 01:58 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 12:39 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 12:10 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: I think it’s fine imo. It helps counter people doing things like door spamming or hiding in unreachable places. Of course there’s always the alternative of the C4, but that takes a timer and beeps to alert the victim. I say don’t give the camper the out, the harpoon through the wall is fine.

So instead of letting people utilize a legitimate, though unliked playstyle, we take advantage of the harpoon's bad coding and get a ridiculous kill?

IMO the Ts have enough tools at their disposal without the harpoon to kill/wound/send into panic the innocents.

Well it’s not like it’s just instant kill like a knife. The harpoon still requires some skill and cunning. I’ll admit there’s lots of opportunities for cheap and stupid kills, like through t room glass, but to weed out most situations with it it would require knowing where they’re at, which isn’t always an easy thing to do, and hitting a target that knows it’s being hunted is usually a task in itself. It’s arguable that it’s a disliked yet valid strategy to use the harpoon through walls. I know it’s no an intentional mechanic, but it could be argued by the same principal. 
As far as T weapons in a general speak go I think some of the things that should be focused on are things that don’t require half what the harpoon does, like the knife.

I'd argue that it's a disliked and invalid strategy, seeing as the mechanic of throwing the harpoon through the wall is not intentional, and abusing it for cheap kills is therefore an exploit.

I'm not saying remove the harpoon, I think it's a good weapon. What I don't think is good is the harpoon being able to come through walls like the Kool-Aid Man.

I see what you mean and I agree on some scenarios, but I’m just saying that I don’t always see it as a problem. I just see it as cheap tactics require cheap tactics to weed them out. It’s hard to say for sure that it should or shouldn’t be because depending on the context I could see it as valid or annoying, and we obviously can’t have situational exploits.
And as for cheap t kills, most items in the shop give them cheap kills lol
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(12-20-2019, 09:04 AM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Yeah I'm heavily against this. Throwing the harpoon through walls was one of the many things I enjoyed doing to fuck with people. It is one of the many things you have to worry about in the game. You can't camp a room in one spot, because you could get pooned. You can't doorspam because you get pooned. My favorite thing was baiting people to throw it to me from within the T room and yeeting it right back. While it wasn't intended, its is an enjoyable addition. Don't make it an exploit and definitely don't remove it. Stop trying to take the fun out of this fucking gamemode. I don't play g-mod to compete or play equal, I play to FUCK AROUND. If you don't like getting killed through walls, don't stand in one place or don't be near walls.

This. And what Russ said. Csgo is free if you want to tryhard. I get general weapon balance, but t shop items are meant to be silly/deadly.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(12-20-2019, 09:04 AM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Yeah I'm heavily against this. Throwing the harpoon through walls was one of the many things I enjoyed doing to fuck with people. It is one of the many things you have to worry about in the game. You can't camp a room in one spot, because you could get pooned. You can't doorspam because you get pooned. My favorite thing was baiting people to throw it to me from within the T room and yeeting it right back. While it wasn't intended, its is an enjoyable addition. Don't make it an exploit and definitely don't remove it. Stop trying to take the fun out of this fucking gamemode. I don't play g-mod to compete or play equal, I play to FUCK AROUND. If you don't like getting killed through walls, don't stand in one place or don't be near walls.

Listen, I don’t like to have fun, I like to win okay.