Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Idea Monday: Shorten Round Length
(07-26-2021, 10:57 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: I currently have 2 concerns with this idea. (I will update this as I ponder on the idea)

1. Big maps will suffer with this idea potentially with players getting lost and not finding the players before the clock expires.

2. What would be the most optimal time? The real solution we would need to look for is how long time is extended whenever a T kills an innocent and prolongs the round. I do not have that number off the top of my head but could be found. 

As you all know I'm open to new ideas to reinvent the game to make it better for the overall community so, if a solution can be made its worth arguing for. Just posting my concern for now. If anyone wants to test on main server to find out what the numbers look like, we can further the discussion.

One of the proposals that was mentioned was a 5-minute base round, with 8 seconds added for each kill by traitors. Those 8 seconds would accumulate into the overtime period. Therefore, with 32 players on the server (24 innocents/detectives and 8 traitors). 24 x 8 seconds = 192 seconds (3 minutes, 12 seconds). This would put a maximum round length at around 8 minutes. With fewer players, the round could last for like five and a half minutes.

Big maps do have the potential to suffer, but I like to think that maybe it could put a little drive into the players speed when they have an actual time limit. It may even help reduce the overdependence on short range weapons like the MP9. When you can't personally get across the Rooftops map in order to shotgun or SMG blast someone away from 2 feet away, you may have to pick up that sniper rifle and pop off a few shots from across the map.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Idea Monday: Shorten Round Length - by Prince Nicky La Compensator - 07-28-2021, 11:51 AM