Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Clarification/Logistics Question
 Situation: (this is from something that happened last night)
  • I see a player emerge from a corridor
  • I pass said player
  • I find an un-I’d,d body at entrance to corridor at the bottom of the stairs (several seconds later)
  • I ID the body, it is a detective
  • I call KOS on Player, now quite far away at this point
  • I chase and kill player
  • I am reported, I give explanation from the rules stating that passing Unid is KOS
  • I am slain because, and I quote, “the killcam doesn’t go back far enough so I can’t prove you’re innocent”
How is this either fair or logical? The burden of proof isn’t on me, as there is no proof I did anything wrong to warrant the slay, as I was actually following reasons KOS “failing to identify an unifentified body”. 

It’s neither my fault or my problem that the mod tools don’t go back far enough to view what happened, and it shouldn’t be the players responsibility to prove their innocence. That’s backwards as fuck. 

Slays are for people who don’t follow the rules, yet I was slain for following them because the mod was unable to view it. 

How is this a fair precedent? Using this information I can just delay fights until I know the killcam can’t view it and then report people who kill me; then the killcam won’t “prove their innocence” and I can have them slain. Explain how this makes any sense. You can’t record half of what happened and claim it’s the full truth, that’s bullshit. 

I was understandably ornery towards the staff member, @matt_st3 (Strongrule) because this is the sort of bullshit that is incredibly frustrating; to be slain when following the rules to the letter.

Edit: not to mention that i even provided the location and timeframe of when it happened to the staff.

Not to mention that  the staff member could have checked the logs for my ID time of the body, the time of me calling the KOS, and counted backwards from the kill and would see that it lined up with when I said he passed it.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

Messages In This Thread
Rule Clarification/Logistics Question - by ReThink - 05-18-2018, 06:45 AM