Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had to get this off my chest
In this thread dinkleberg outlines that admins that do not maintain 10 hours every 2 weeks will be demoted. The post says to moderator, but it ended up being to the nonvoting Inactive Admin role.  I assumed this would be a thing that we actually did, so when it was announced and I had little activity I voluntarily got demoted to Inactive Admin. I stopped voting in bans, unbans, and staff apps. This is because I think it is unreasonable to form a real opinion on any of these things, especially staff apps without ever really interacting with someone. If your entire opinion is through other people telling you something, then their perspective influences your own such that your opinion isn't really your own.

And I find it unreasonable to judge someone from the forums alone when the question is how they conduct themselves ingame. The positions are for staff ingame after all, so I think its a bit silly to never even see someone playing the game for months or ever and to formulate an opinion. As for "being back from a break" given as a reason for your rejection: I think that to be unreasonable as well, seeing as you've been consistently active for months. Perhaps there is another reason, but activity certainly shouldn't be it.

I don't think the fact that Hani's app was approved in such little time, is necessarily an act of favoritism. Rather I think it is an act of ignorance born of inactivity. The fact that some people didn't see how it was even a problem that some apps take weeks, while one gets done in minutes is telling of being out of touch. This is not a personal attack on my fellow staff, but an appeal to reason. People just want active staff. That's why additional admins (who are also now inactive) were originally promoted, that's why the thread I linked at the start exists. People justifiably want to be judged by someone who they at least meet, not from the shadows or from nowhere at all. Which is pretty reasonable.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Just had to get this off my chest - by Trombowen - 11-16-2018, 03:07 AM
RE: Just had to get this off my chest - by Dakota - 11-16-2018, 12:30 PM
RE: Just had to get this off my chest - by Dakota - 11-16-2018, 01:34 PM
RE: Just had to get this off my chest - by Hash - 11-16-2018, 07:11 PM
RE: Just had to get this off my chest - by queef commando - 11-16-2018, 02:16 PM