Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think an appropriate teaming rule should be?
I think it might be a good time to review the rule against teaming and the staff guidelines which set out several examples of what constitutes teaming and the appropriate punishments.

To save you a couple clicks, I have copied and pasted references to teaming included on our main TTT Rules page and on our TTT Staff Guidelines document. 

Rules
5. Do Not Exploit, Hack, Metagame or Otherwise Avoid the Game's Intended Limits
  • Do not team, which is aiding people you know are not on your team. 
Staff Guidelines
Metagaming/Teaming
Metagaming is defined as the use of outside information in the game while teaming is sort of an offset of metagaming. 

TEAMING EXAMPLES 
  • Innocent players refusing to kill a completely obvious traitor that has done many traitorous things in front of them and is ignoring it. This is teaming.
  • Defibbing innos as a T. This is teaming.
  • Purposely letting innos in the T room, this is a form of teaming and is slayable. If they continue after a slay/warning, then a more severe punishment can be issued like a ban. Please make sure you have no doubts that they purposely let innos into a T Room if you are enforcing this.
Teaming Offenses Punishment
1 - 2 Week Ban
2 - Perm Ban

Please feel free to add your thoughts about this rule. This thread is not officially sponsored by the staff. Rather, I am creating it as a way to gather some opinions regarding what the greater community (players and staff alike) might think is an appropriate rule regarding teaming. 

I'll be posting my own thoughts below, but I truly would like hear some diverse viewpoints. 

Some questions that might guide you in a response
  • How often do you witness what would constitute "teaming" under the present rule?
  • Does "teaming" under the present rule often go unpunished?
  • Have you ever done something that would constitute "teaming" under this present rule?
  • Do you consider all, or some, of the examples of "teaming" to be worthy of a minimum 2 week ban?
  • Do you consider a 2 week minimum ban too strict? Too lenient?
  • What might be a more appropriate punishment scheme?
  • Should the punishment for "teaming" depend on whether it was a "moderate" or "severe" form of teaming? (Like we have for ghosting offenses)
Please add your thoughts. Thanks. 

Messages In This Thread
What do you think an appropriate teaming rule should be? - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 10-13-2020, 12:38 PM