Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rewrite micspam rules you clowns
(03-06-2021, 09:07 PM)Nicol Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:00 PM)(j)ax Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:57 PM)Nicol Wrote: Nobody is permabanned for using a soundboard. People are permabanned for multiple stacking offenses over the course of time. If you are using a soundboard consistently after multiple warnings, you will be banned to escalate the issue. This continues until the problem is resolved. Micspam is and always will be against the rules. 

When no one in the server is complaining, I don't see how that can be considered micspam.

Just because everyone in the server is fine with it at the time does not invalidate the rule. The rules don't just apply when people complain. Not everyone wants to hear people screaming in their mic, singing, playing earrape, or spamming the same soundboard clip every 2 seconds. This is how nearly every TTT server operates and I see absolutely no reason to change it at this time. Timed mutes & gags are currently being tested but they will also not change the current rules on micspam. 

So what you mean to say is staff gets to conveniently choose when to use their "discretion" and when to lay out the "rules are rules" card.

So when you, Nicol, got on the server and killed Burb with !explode, because that has happened, you made sure to properly deal out your own punishment right? Just because Burb was okay with it, and the rest of the server was okay with it, it doesn't invalidate the rules. The rules don't just apply with people complain.

(03-06-2021, 09:09 PM)two rats kissing Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:00 PM)(j)ax Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:49 PM)two rats kissing Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:47 PM)(j)ax Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:40 PM)two rats kissing Wrote: terrible argument...

Not really. If the mic was such an integral part of the game, then people without mics / people who don't use mics would not be allowed to play on the server. We have plenty of prevalent players such as: i am a noober, fanta, flare, adam, nick who do not use mics and are successful players. There are binds that exists.

Communication is not diminished when players can not speak over the mic.

So yes. You should just gag people. Though, in this instance the majority of the server was fine with the soundboard.

What's the real 'terrible argument' is dishing out permabans for situations like this.
your argument is literally that everyone should have to accommodate for Timbo because he wants to spam shitty memes on the server everyday.....

The reading comprehension in this thread is abysmal. My argument is one that many people on the server share, this should not be a perma-bannable offense. Really has nothing to do with Timbo, else I would have made a thread specifically catered to Timbo. This is specifically for the rewriting of the rules.

Im in favor for officially allowing soundboards on the server, im a pretty lenient mod I literally let people play sound clips all the time, but perma banning is necessary for instances like timbo, who is a long time offender with a grocery list of warnings and multiple instances of purposely baiting staff and wasting their time....we should allow soundboards but the standard micspam rules will still have to apply, if it's constantly interrupting the gameplay/ annoying players then it should not be allowed.
Right, and I would agree that you are a lenient and fun mod to play with. However, my problem is with your last statement. If we're specifically talking about Timbo, then I would very much argue that soundboard in deadchat does not interrupt gameplay at all. It's deadchat. Many of his warns are given in deadchat. I'm not in a position to argue any of the other details, because contrary to what you and others in this thread believe, I actually haven't played with Timbo enough to give an opinion on it.

Generally,
Rewriting the rules to allow more leniency in deadchat, and limiting permabans for micspam, is what I aim to suggest in this post.
[Image: xdjlve.png]

Messages In This Thread
rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 08:26 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by Timbo - 03-06-2021, 09:34 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 08:41 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by Battons - 03-06-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: rewrite micspam rules you clowns - by (j)ax - 03-06-2021, 09:13 PM