Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Admin Application
Ingame Name: chelllman

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:104538552

Time Played: 505 hrs at the time of writing this which was a few days before posting.

When First Joined: March 2021

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Typically in the evenings between 6 - 11 pm EST.  However, the nature of my work allows me to play whenever I want.  My work is project based with no set hours.  So long as projects are completed on schedule, my work hours don't matter.  I've taken to playing in the mornings EST as of late.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community?: Since before I first joined the staff team, I've watched how higher staff analyze and deal with situations that occur on the PH server and the forums.  This, combined with experiences from my personal life (such as being a teacher), allow me to manage complex situations fairly and objectively.  Most importantly, I listen to and value the opinions of others in our community.  PH has also lost quite a bit of higher staff recently.  As they've said in all their resignations, there was no singular event that made them leave; rather, it was time to move on to greener pastures.  As such, the PH staff team has been greatly reduced, and we no longer have our staff trainers.  I will step up to the plate to serve as a staff trainer as fresh staff join the team.

It should come as no surprise to any of you that gmod is dying a slow death by a thousand cuts.  I intend to squeeze every last ounce of playability from this game before it goes to it's final, endless slumber.  The best thing we can do for the PH community is breathe new life into it with fresh content.  Currently, I'm going through hammer editor tutorials so that I can fix issues with new maps, so hopefully I'll be able to get some new maps (or heavily modified old maps!) into rotation.  For example: ph_backyard is a widely loved map by the regulars, but the map has been so exhaustively played that new players have 0 chance of surviving because every corner of the map has been memorized.  Completely redoing default prop placements, adding a section or two, and modifying an existing section or two would still keep the fun style of the map, but force everyone to completely relearn the map.

No idea is set in stone, but addition of week/monthly challenges, monthly/quarterly crates, community events, etc. are other things I want to explore to keep the server "fresh" and fun.  Of course, some changes will require help from Dinkleberg, but Dink eventually responds to requests/ideas.  However, once we get the bulk of the content on the server, it can be rotated seasonally without too much help from Dink.  For example, changing a fall crate to a winter crate doesn't require any help from dink once the content is on the server.

I recognize that joining the admin team means that I will become exposed to some terrible content.  The admin team must act as a shield for the community and deal with controversial situations before they get out of hand.  I firmly believe that I will be able to rise to this task.

Why do you want to help the community?: I love this community.  Many of my good friends came from this community, and I'm eternally grateful that I've met so many wonderful people.  In a way, I guess that I joined the staff team as a way of giving back to the community.  This community would quickly be overrun by malicious individuals without the teams of staff for all the servers.  I'm proud to have been able to help this community survive and thrive.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): All of my bans are joke bans.  I have not had a serious bans.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):

Trusted - Accepted

Test Mod - Accepted

Moderator - Accepted

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I record 100% of my time on the PH server using OBS, and I use the windows snipping tool for screenshots.

How did you find us?: Dinks had the most players on one day in March 2021.

Other:

1. Multiple PH Admins

PH is too large a community to have a single admin without the risk of severe burnout setting in.  Fish was a super star for handling it by himself for a long time before Pixie joined the admin team.  I have no desire to be the sole admin of PH, and while I knew I wanted to apply for admin at some point, I don't think any of us expected PH admin resignations.  I believe that PH should have a minimum of two admins, and I believe that @Ryzif is the best choice to be admin alongside me.  While Ryzif and I agree on many things, we think differently and have many times bounced ideas off each other when difficult situations have come up.  He has significant ties to TTT which is the other powerhouse server in our community; this makes him the perfect liaison and ambassador for the PH community.  In the past, there has been a disconnect between the two communities.  Having one PH admin who is also staff on TTT is a benefit in my opinion. 

In short:
My technical skills will complement his personability, and hopefully we will be able to keep the PH server a safe and fun environment for new and old players alike.  Ryzif and I will split the work evenly; I'll focus more on serverside issues while Ryzif acts as the front face of the admin team.  We would split all work for the forums evenly.

2. Why apply now? Why not have the PH mod council do everything?
Currently, we only have 4 mods: Ryzif, Possum, Koshka, and myself.

Some of the community engagement ideas that Ryzif and I have brainstormed require the ability to modify the pointshop. 
Pixie has assured us that she is open to helping us if we have any questions. 
Additionally, she gave Ryzif and I some training on how to perform changes in the pointshop and use the admin panel through the forums.

As always, comments, questions, constructive criticisms, etc. are welcome.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
PH Admin Application - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 05-28-2022, 11:40 AM
RE: PH Admin Application - by Battons - 05-28-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by TheUltraFish - 05-28-2022, 05:00 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by Loona Mondragon - 05-28-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by Salty - 05-28-2022, 06:54 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by Wilfry - 05-28-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by August - 05-28-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by BIIG_SAD - 05-29-2022, 03:27 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by real (4) - 05-30-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: PH Admin Application - by Ēmęřăķ - 05-30-2022, 07:09 PM