Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Staff Descriptions
Something that I've analyzed recently within the past couple of days is a lot of "cross pollination" interaction between members of staff. 

Example: In PH Lobby, Hunter is hacking. Test Mod is on the server, Test mod catches hacker. Bans hacker. 

Now! Barring this thread which says that banning becomes available at Admin Level. This is an activity that I've seen demonstrated by T-mods, and Mods alike. I am not aware of the inter-communicative parts of the staff. So I do not expect to know this. But that creates an interesting outward appearance for someone who is viewing the actions from the outside in. An easy question that could arrive in the previous scenario is 
Was the T-Mod Abusing Command powers? OR Was he authorized to do this by someone above him?

At the end of the day. There is no solid answer for that question. But expanding upon that, I feel as though an overview of what's expected of you  for individuals with a desire to either join ranks or rise ranks would be greatly beneficial in establishing a baseline of expectation for the work that you will do. 

For those who are currently inquiring about staffing. They are immediately Brough to this section of the forums where this is the thing they should read before applying.  The only issue with this is what I have previously mentioned. In the pinned message to direct potential new applicants you do not detail what the applicants will be doing if they are onboarded. There is a section about what qualifies somebody as a member. But qualifications and expectations are two separate parts of the whole that is a new hire to a position. 
Qualifications for a position means nothing if the proper Expecations are not communicated

This is not  solely an issue of presenting information in the lack-there-of. But it is in the clarification of information that exist on the forums. 

For Example: 
In Chell's Application for Admin they tidbits of information in an attempt to present what they would bring to the table as staff at that level 
"going through hammer editor tutorials so that I can fix issues with new maps."
"addition of week/monthly challenges, monthly/quarterly crates, community events"

In Ryzif's Application For Admin in discussing what they could bring to the community is this:
"I have involvement with the TTT server as well as our Discord and believe that I have an ideal relationship with our neighboring servers"

While yes I understand that these statements that statements might not have been the deciding factor in onboarding these individuals to their position. There is something to be said about the vast disparity in Qualification-presenting statements in their staff applications. Especially when the requirements for being an admin are something that is hidden from the public eye alongside their activities.

At the level im at right now (A normie) the extent to which I've seen the admins publicly work has been in forum ban request, and Staff apps. I know that this is not the fullness of what they do. But it's what im exposed too. So that's all I have reference for without second hand information. 

I do not see how privatizing the admin position qualifications serves to benefit anyone. In any other scenario. Job qualifications at all levels are vital tools for gauging the minimum of what you'd need to be hired. 

Going back into the expectations portions. Theres a benefit having job expectations available at a glance. It allows the applicant to know what they're getting in to.

I'm not ignorant enough to say that there probably aren't going to be moments where individuals might have to do something above and beyond their job description. This happens all the time. But if it's not something that is prefaced as an exception. Then people will take that as the norm

*Slight Anecdote 
It should be noted also, as of right now. The prominent threads for finding staff/qualifications does not list staff as being able to kick. This might sound  incredibly granular. However, at T-Mod Status we do get the introduction of associated commands with the roles. I know Trusted Can Kick only because I've seen a trusted use that command 

However if I happened to be in lobby where T-Mods/Mods were there to handle the issue.  I would have no idea that Trusted could kick.

Donors Currently have more of a written down understanding of how the role works than the entry level staff position. A role that can bought by anyone and then used for any purpose. 

The end result doing this: 

Clarification of information helps to alleviate situations in which individuals might not know what to expect from a position. 

whether entering for the first time, or moving up. It creates a framework that can be Further explained one on one. It allows new people who catch a heart for the culture of dinks to quickly find what it takes to make this place run, which will then propel your people who are interested to act in a manner accordingly so that by the time they reach the qualification status. The only thing they need is the title

TL;DR. A summary of the expectations (job description) of what you will be doing in that role across all ranks. Including but not limited to: Commands, Communicative aspects, administrative aspects, ect... and potentially minimum Qualificaiton expectations for Admin.

Okay im tired im gonna go to bed.

Messages In This Thread
Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 02:35 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 07:30 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by reina - 06-13-2023, 07:21 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by chelllman - 06-13-2023, 09:21 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 10:14 AM