Super Milk Chan

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:61801254

Time Played: 
500+

When First Joined:
June 21, 2022

Availability:
I am always free to handle backend stuff, as I can do so from my phone. As for getting on to play, I have been getting more free time in my life, but have filled that time with gym and volunteer firefighting. I will have more time coming soon and will be using that to amp up the deployment side of things.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community?:
There is always the stuff I already do, such as handling ban requests, contributing to updates, and tackling major problems like the server blowing up and becoming unplayable. Becoming an admin will give me more tools and more authority to streamline this better than my current position.

As for what I’d like to be able to do, I want to bring positive change to the community. That's not to say it's not already good, but I think some would agree that a few quality of life changes could breathe life back into the server. I aim to do this by putting my best foot forward to take a swing at solving the update frequency problem, and possibly change the rules just a bit to solve a bit of confusion and make things more fun. I have had a lot of time to observe the positives and negatives of our current set of rules, and I think we can improve the results.

This is more of a future discussion I wish to have with Dinkleberg, but I have a few ideas about how to make more frequent updates a possibility. For example, Dink and I may be able to find ways to make it easier for admins to contact him and have his support. I could also develop a new tool that will allow Prop Hunt to do more frequent content updates for things like maps, models, and taunt sounds, while leaving structural updates, such as changing the map voting system, to be implemented by Dink. This way, we can have updates without Dink having to worry about the possibility of another admin causing problems, which has proven to be a valid concern in the past.

This is, again, a problem for me to tackle in the future, but I am including this to show that I am willing to find a middle ground and work on developing said middle ground.

Why do you want to help the community?:
This is a bit of a simple answer, but I have come to enjoy the community and friends I have on this server. I want PH to be an enjoyable place for us to gather and play.
Have you previously been banned?
No real bans, just a list of goofing.

Have you previously applied for staff? 
I sure have

T-mod

Trusted

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?
Yes, of course. OBS and windows_key + shift + S

Other:
As a few of you know I have a busy life at this time. However, as mentioned before, I have gotten more time and put that time into the gym and becoming a volunteer firefighter. I still have more time being made available in the near future with getting work under control and a new home with my own space becoming available.
One of the major ways becoming an admin would really help me is the tools, such as the ability to ban users without actually having to be on the server. When I have time to use my PC at home, a fair bit of that time goes into doing ban requests as I am required to be at the PC to administer punishments. With the Admin tools, I can ban someone remotely, freeing up time when I am home and giving me more time to actually play. (I understand that the panel is a bit buggy, but we can work out some kind of fix)

A special thanks to @chelllman and @Ryzif as I have their blessings. That has taken some of the weight off my shoulders.and to @reina for helping me write my app.

Please don't hesitate to reach out.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]

Messages In This Thread
Bittersweet - by Super Milk Chan - 08-20-2023, 05:15 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by Wilfry - 08-20-2023, 06:06 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by Laced Xanax - 08-20-2023, 06:36 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by reina - 08-20-2023, 09:58 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by BIIG_SAD - 08-20-2023, 10:25 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by Harmless_Potato - 08-20-2023, 10:38 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by Gabe - 08-20-2023, 10:40 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by Blu - 08-20-2023, 11:47 AM
RE: Bittersweet - by TheUltraFish - 08-20-2023, 11:54 AM