Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!
I've only had direct say in one unresignation, and that was for dong receiving discord helper.
He requested it, seeing the shortage of discord staff members.
His request was approved for the following reasons:
1. He requested helper, not mod - so no kick/ban powers
2. He was previously a discord staff member, holding the rank of moderator
3. We need more staff members, 4 (at the time, including me) is not enough to manage a 4k+ discord
4. All discord staff members at the time approved it

I think my situation is unique in the significant shortage of members (only 2 mods and 1 helper prior to him joining). But I will say that dink had no influence, I made that decision on my own with a unaminous vote from the discord staff team.

Under normal circumstances, I think the majority of persons wishing to get back into staffing should climb the ranks again. I feel there are some exceptions, and while I personally think an application to see how the community feels is proper, Dink's direct OK is also fine - server owner can do what he wants with the server, after all.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I'm fine with it. Stepping down from a position in a company and being asked to come back/asking to come back because of a need is perfectly normal, not sure why it can't be normal here. Depends if you actually *want* them back though.. if they ask for their rank back on the pretense that they deserve it back because they already had it before, eh..
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Just to be crystal clear, this thread is not meant to be an attack on anybody, but rather just me getting an insight on how the community views this topic.

Imo, unless a server is in dire need of saving and a previous admin or mod is willing to step up and help, unresigning really shouldn't happen at all.

ofc, dink can do what he wants bc its his community so take my opinion with a spoonful of salt if you don't already
I'm back baby round 2
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(07-11-2021, 11:06 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I'm back baby round 2
Your own gametracker says otherwise, mr. last seen March 15th

[Image: sussynicol.PNG]
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Hi, I'm new but I'll still put what I think about this.

I believe that a resigned staff member trying to come back into the community would be good. they'd be experienced so wouldn't that be good??

Edit: I did type more but I don't think my tiny little brain understood the question properly hhh
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
I can't help but feel this is in relation to my situation. As you can see at the bottom of my forum signature I have an extensive resume here in terms of staff ranks. 
Some things to take into account for reinstatement IMO would be:
1) If you have been involved since you have left
2) Have held more trust-needing positions
3) Time past since you resigned
4) What was going on whenever you initially left

I have held the role of TTT Mascot for several months now and have been involved with the staff discord and main discord. I requested the rank be made.  I was promoted to Admin last summer and resigned in December. The entire reasoning behind my resignation was out of frustration and things going on within my real life. I simply did not have anything left to give back and didn't feel like it wouldn't be fair to you all if I had just held onto the role of Admin. 

Being reinstated should be under the jurisdiction of the server admins and Dink himself (for whichever server you're returning to obv). The Christian situation is a matter of opinion, I was personally for him being Moderator again, but things obviously didn't workout that way.

Moving forward though.. reinstatement does set a rather interesting precedent, Is it favoritism? Is it needed? Who would fall under the qualifications of possible reinstatement? All of those answers would be selective and opinionated. It could be favoritism it could not. It might be needed for dying servers, and not so dead servers. And the qualifications would just be me repeating what I said up there.

It all comes down to:
Does the person want to take the mantle again?
Would it be beneficial for the community?
Have they had any issues?
And lastly, the seal of approval from whomever it may concern.

My situation in a dumbed down story:
I approached Jammin about being Discord Helper after members left the team and we needed help. I held the rank of Moderator previously in its infancy and didn't feel like it would be fair or a good idea in general to ask to be pushed up to Moderator.

I was approached about being a TTT Moderator once more. I have had the option of returning in some capacity since the moment I had originally resigned. Take that as you will.

The DR TMod role has been something that was never taken away from me as I've had it since the beginning of 2020 before they had any real staff.

That is all thank you for your time.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
hey cutie @dong
the only right response is: who cares
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(07-11-2021, 07:44 PM)Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 07:28 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: This server is owned by Dinkleberg.

All unresignations must be directly approved by Dinkleberg.

I can't imagine why anyone would be upset about bringing in additional staff to our servers, especially those who are experienced and will not need to start from scratch.
Maybe because it screams favoritism and spits in the face of anyone who was either been denied that same privilege and has to go through the ranks again or someone who is going through the ranks for the first time?

I understand everything is Dink's and he can do whatever he wants, but it makes the community as a whole look infinitely worse when people who are friends with the owner can move in and out of the staff team whenever they like.

What does that have to do with having a good staff team though? If someone has experience working in a specific position within the past year or so and they were good at it, it's just a waste to make them a low tier staff member just because there are other people with less experience having to go through the process they've already been through.

(07-11-2021, 07:58 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley Wrote: I have been in this community for almost 7.5 years now. During that time I have served as an active staff member for at least 5 years (technically 7 years consecutively since there hasn't been a time I haven't had a staff rank since Mid-2014).

How do you even stay interested in one game for that long? I've never played a single game for more than a couple months straight.