hey

opinions on unresigning from staff

discuss
Bad.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8543
^this is the best way to do it imo
former admin2
This server is owned by Dinkleberg.

All unresignations must be directly approved by Dinkleberg.

I can't imagine why anyone would be upset about bringing in additional staff to our servers, especially those who are experienced and will not need to start from scratch.
Server run by owner who likes to have experienced staff.
Old staff get back into game and want to staff again for x reason.
????
Profit

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I guess it would depend on the individual and the situation leading up to that. There are plenty of former staff members where that would be an automatically denied request. While others, it would have to be discussed with a majority of that particular community's staff team. If everyone is fine with it, I would guess it would be fine.

For example, if Nuru wanted to come back as admin, there would be a discussion about it. Majority of those that would say no or -1 would be from seeing what Nuru went through as admin during her tenure here and the fact that she has a family she has to take care of now. What's going on in people's real life should be taken into consideration as well.

Most of the time, I'd say no unless maybe they were gone for less than a week and then came back saying they made a mistake. The server changes, the community evolves, the rules and guidelines get altered and it would be wise for the individual to get involved again with everything before even considering on trying to come back. A good moderator who resigns, could get back their rank in a decent amount of time even if they have to go through the ranks again. When it comes to admin, that is something for the community and Dink to figure out assuming Dink took their admin away in the first place.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Ultimately, I'm against it in most cases except a few like unresigning to take up an admin mantle when the spot is totally vacant, that's necessary.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I feel the only time a unresignation is bad is if it isn't clearly communicated to everyone why they are necessary to return, what their adding to the team, and the admins agree with it. An example would be Matt coming back to forum admin because he is needed, or fish returning to PH to lead them through one of the worst ordeals I've seen in a long time. This is an answer I'd have to give a more thought out process to, but I feel anyone who is unresigning that is a rank lower than admin should reapply for their ranks. Obviously take this as my on the spot opinion and not my official dinkleberg admin answer.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(07-11-2021, 07:28 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: This server is owned by Dinkleberg.

I can't imagine why anyone would be upset about bringing in additional staff to our servers, especially those who are experienced and will not need to start from scratch.
Maybe because it screams favoritism and spits in the face of anyone who was either been denied that same privilege and has to go through the ranks again or someone who is going through the ranks for the first time?

I understand everything is Dink's and he can do whatever he wants, but it makes the community as a whole look infinitely worse when people who are friends with the owner can move in and out of the staff team whenever they like.
(07-11-2021, 07:44 PM)Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 07:28 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: This server is owned by Dinkleberg.

Maybe because it screams favoritism and spits in the face of anyone who was either been denied that same privilege and has to go through the ranks again or someone who is going through the ranks for the first time?

I understand everything is Dink's and he can do whatever he wants, but it makes the community as a whole look infinitely worse when people who are friends with the owner can move in and out of the staff team whenever they like.

I can only speak about my own experience, as each is unique.

I was asked by the Murder staff to stay on and agreed to stick around to help out. This was discussed before my resignation was even set to go into effect.

As for my resignation from TTT Moderator, my resignation was set to go into effect on December 31st. I discussed it with the server owner a rescinding of my resignation just 4 weeks later. It was agreed that I would be able to have my rank back.

I do not consider the fact that I was able to unresign from TTT an example of "favoritism" or something that should be considered an insult to others. My experience in this community is quite unique and unparalleled in scope.

I have been in this community for almost 7.5 years now. During that time I have served as an active staff member for at least 5 years (technically 7 years consecutively since there hasn't been a time I haven't had a staff rank since Mid-2014). I have served in the highest position of trust for 2 out of the 4 servers in our community. I was the sole administrator for both of these for the span of at least a few months. For PH, I took over for the first time in the midst of a staff exodus. This required significant effort and close collaboration between Dink and I as we attempted to revive the server and prevent it from falling apart. I have administered thousands of punishments over the years for offenses ranging from Mass RDM to Harassment to people engaging in illegal activities both on and off the server. During that time, I believe that I have carried myself in a generally respectable manner.

Therefore, I would not consider it favoritism to have my unresignation accepted. Rather, I would consider it a recognition from the server owner for the work that I've put into the servers of this community over a span of years.