Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!
Either way can be argued. On one hand you can have experienced staff members return to a role much faster and more likely to return so that they can help. On the other hand this process could be filled with favoritism to where instead of getting good staff back you get the friend groups. Who gets to make the call on what a good staff member was? A lot of people have favorite members or years just because that’s what they were active during and have no idea if that makes them a good staff member or not.
But at the end of the day whoever the owner let’s back is going to come back, whether it’s liked or not. So seeing as it’s been dinks decision to bring back some old admins it’s a different story then a new set of admins trying to pack their staff team with friends. Not that it doesn’t happen.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I feel as if the person who Unresigned should have to have to go through a special staff application, one where the committees of acceptance for each role of staff is lessened to half of the power they had over the usual staff application. Half of it should be about what others (OUTSIDE THE STAFF AND/OR COMMITTEE) say in the staff application and their reviews of this someone's character. If the community is divided on bringing this someone back to the staff team, the correct committees would decide among themselves whether THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE would like to bring this person back rather than JUST THE STAFF TEAM. 
(07-13-2021, 04:05 PM)Reina Wrote: snip

I've taken breaks, including a 1 year break from all gaming during my first year of law school. I actually went through the motions of getting the Moderator rank twice (though the first time predated the Trusted rank). I'm also pretty loyal to the same games that I've been playing for years. I didn't really start gaming until I was a teenager - most of the games that I play are the same ones I started out with and are at least 5 years old, but mostly older than that.
I dont think its fair for people to unresign and get their staff rank back there is no punishment if you are inactive and the admins has taken measure to put those staff members certain role in staff discord (which i think is stupid) regardless if you resign you have to go through the steps again to get your rank back if your taking a break just go inactive dont resign that's what I think but this is coming from a child so take it as you will shrug:
yeah can i have my rank back?
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
I did just have a different thought on the matter, actually. I don't generally care, honestly, but I can find it to be a negative if someone is just let back in on a whim, because that usually doesn't really address the reason they left in the first place. Massive amounts of burnout/going inactive for months/whatever can make it hard to view that person as even wanting to be there, and though it may not affect their staffing, it can easily put staffing decisions they make put under scrutiny. Certain people will unresign, and get instantly just as jaded as they had been previously. Some will tout there years of experience and "thousands of bad people they've banned" or whatever verbiage, then turn around and tell everyone who will listen that they like to not do any work at all, and prove that pretty effectively until pressured to actually do something. There are points where people should just stay gone for longer, and restart their steps, because from what I've seen of some of the people that come back, by the time they would traditionally be back to Mod+ from the bottom, they're just back to being more or less inactive again, or just jaded to the whole staffing thing. Should hold them to higher standards than new people, not lower, in that regard.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(07-14-2021, 06:24 PM)NotRand Wrote: -jealous rage-

It appears that this post is aimed at a certain individual known by the name of Nicky. The poster is clearly unaware of the manners in which Nicky jokes. One can easily compare his joking comments about "not wanting to do any work" to the actual effort he puts into staffing - more active than many staff members, contributing to suggestion threads and other forum threads, regularly engaging in Discord discussions, etc. Every single time he was asked by this poster to do something - he did just that. When he was informed by Rand that someone had been allegedly targeting him just a few weeks ago, Nicky immediately put them in the TTT watchlist. When asked me comment on Rand's forum thread, he did so. His comments may not have been what Rand desired, but Rand should have realized that before asking Nicky to write his honest opinions. When people comment that there are problems ongoing on the server - Nicky may make a joke comment, but will still join and attempt to resolve the issues.

In the time from which Nicky unresigned, he has been quite active. That's over five months of additional activity - that's more time than Rand was ever even staff. If Nicky wanted to go inactive after that, that is his right. He has no obligation to spend even a second longer on the server than he wants to do so.

The problem here, however, can be readily identified. It is a problem that afflicts you, as well as others. It is an issue known as jealousy. Jealousy is one of the most perverse and, indeed, powerful, emotions of the human psyche. Jealousy often spurs resentment and bitterness. That resentment, thereafter, can evolve into rage if it's not properly dealt with.

It is completely understandable why you, and others, might be afflicted by jealousy. It is only natural when one tries to compare themselves to the great and wise-beyond-his-years Prince Nicky. A man who is not only educated, but has learned how to harness that education into what few in society possess - intelligence. While his intellect alone would leave most with a hint of envy, it is the fact that his superiority does not end just there. Nicky is also blessed with an impressive work ethic, impressive physique, natural athleticism, and a smile that could launch a thousand ships.

The recommendation here would be to not let one's jealousy continue its evolution into rage and an inferiority complex. It must be dealt with quickly and effectively. Those insecurities should be put to bed. No one will ever match the one known as Nicky. The sooner one accepts that simple fact, the sooner one can move on with their life. Trying to compare oneself to Nicky or trying to attack him in an effort to feel better about oneself is never going to be a winning formula. Eliminate the blight in your head and heart. The day you become free of jealousy and insecurities is the day that you will live in the greatest comfort.
(07-14-2021, 07:21 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 06:24 PM)NotRand Wrote: -jealous rage-
-snip-
or maybe you could just not respond to it and not continue to gaslight by pinging him on discord y'know, let him say what he wants to say without making baseless accusations?
idk, just a thought
Soooo anyway, making sure that whatever issues people have when they go as far as to resign is pree important imo, like jack said mostly. Like I said in my first one, I think it's beneficial when people do unresign at times, like in Fish's case, and one of Nicky's cases, which was apparently missed, and in the second, where I said I mostly don't mind. Just needs to be sure it's actually a good idea and allat.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Uh, I'm gonna make it short and sweet just because no one wants to read any more of this shit.

I think it's totally cool for people to unresign, however, I think they should be allowed to unresign to a rank like T-Mod. This unresignation should be appealed via thread post, just like a normal staff application so, if you have previously been staff I feel as though you should be able to apply directly to T-Mod. I think it's a bit unfair to the people who have
spent the time to get back to their rank originally.

btw I like you Nicky but that's really immature to completely debase a valid criticism by likening his whole thread to a 'jealous rage'.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator