Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Community Input
(08-06-2021, 09:44 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 08:53 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: -snipmakenicolcoowner-
Not a meme but co won’t happen anymore
dont care. #NicolForCoOwner2021

Nicol u give a whole lot to this community in terms of the staffing side of TTT. You know the server well and are trustworthy and level-headed. Hell, you should at least be considered Head Admin if you're gonna stay. 

You've been doing a great job of helping people with specific tasks like the dreaded barnacle and whatever other day-to-day problems people bring up to you. Easy +1 You're an obvious mentor to the current Admins and I'd like to see you continue to truly shine as admin as I feel being the solo admin for much of your time was unfair as it's obvious if given the chance you would've done much more with a bigger team.

TO DINKLEBERG READ ABOVE ^^^
if u come back im beating ur ass
with love
but im doing it
as long as he has no control over maps I don't see why not :^)
we cannot be blamed for fate
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
Why u coming back
Stone Ocean just got announced
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Three admins are better than two. In fact, odd numbers always work better than even (but only in decision-making, not in relationships or other things). You are very experienced in the role, have maintained an active relationship in the staffing Discord through your advisor/mentor role, and still have all your ranks anyways. It isn't like you were ever really gone from the staffing circuit since you have remained in the loop just about the entire time since your earlier resignation.

If you are sure that you want to come back as an admin, I don't see any issues. Don't feel compelled, however, unless you truly want the position back. I know you've been playing a lot recently, and it would be a shame if taking back on the mantle of admin would lead to a quick burnout.
(08-08-2021, 03:50 PM)Mana Wrote: Why u coming back
Stone Ocean just got announced
hes gotta have something to do till december
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I know I shouldn't be the one talking about other people's activity, however, while you were an admin you got burnt out as fuck. Who's to say you won't feel the same burnout again and become inactive again?

edit: not wholly against you coming back, I just kind of have an issue with unresignations becoming the norm now, i.e. dong, nicky, etc.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(08-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Noire Wrote: I know I shouldn't be the one talking about other people's activity, however, while you were an admin you got burnt out as fuck. Who's to say you won't feel the same burnout again and become inactive again?

edit: not wholly against you coming back, I just kind of have an issue with unresignations becoming the norm now, i.e. dong, nicky, etc.

Good question! I didn't actually get "burnt out as fuck", In fact I never honestly got that burnt out while I was admin. Not to say there wasn't any, but it was hardly one of the reasons I resigned. As stated in my original resignation post and here, I mainly had to resign due to my work switching up my hours which caused me to lose the time I previously had to dedicate towards running the server. With Battons and Bryan trained I felt as though it was a good time to resign to avoid continuing down the "inactive admin" cliché I was beginning to fall into. After resigning I was inactive for a good month and half before returning to the staff discord under a mascot/advisory role. While I was unable to play on the server frequently, I continued to help with both TTT staff and Discord matters up until recently where I have began working from home. Working from home will be permanent for as long as I have this job which frees up time to both play on the server and assist with other aspects of the position I was basically already doing anyway. That is primarily why I view my resignation as "symbolic" more than anything, even if that doesn't really exist.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Don't take this the wrong way, but I've never agreed that people that resign from their position should be able to "unresign" regardless of if they still had the rank post resignation because it wasn't removed immediately or their involvement in helping post resignation. And with that, I feel that should apply here too.

I've always firmly believed that if you resign, the intention is to remove the rank from you, and hence should be something you work towards again if you come back and are ready to staff officially again. In this case, yes I believe if you want staff again Nicol, start from scratch. Prove you will stick around and start at a lower rank. I've seen people come back asking for admin and get told no and disappear again, only because they wanted the title/power associated with the rank. Not saying Nicol would do this, but its always a thought in my mind considering situations I won't disclose here from the past during my tenure as staff and admin.

My other thought is this, those that do stick around after admins resign, those mods that would have a fair shot at becoming admin, how is that fair to them? They work hard to show they can handle a position, just to have someone say they want their rank back and potentially get it back? You lose out on other capable people with potential, which honestly causes some people in that position to stop caring.

I just want to throw another perspective into this as these are things people dont think of unless they witness it first hand.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~