Poll: Choices for the Jumppack
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove Jumppack
13.89%
10 13.89%
Remove + use Russ' fall damage script
29.17%
21 29.17%
Rework Jumppack
33.33%
24 33.33%
Keep Jumppack
23.61%
17 23.61%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The state of the Jumppack
(01-08-2022, 07:11 PM)David Wrote: A majority of the people I see on this thread or in general complaining about the jetpack are the ones who treat TTT like it's an overtime round of a RADIANT bracket VALORANT Competitive match; it's not that serious, the game is nearly 16 years old, your wins mean nothing other than bragging rights.

It is me, I am the sweatiest player out there and I am 100% a retired CSGO pro and that is the only reason that I want a change on the jump pack! /s

Seriously though, I am one of the most trash players and very rarely put effort into playing the game and I still hate how the jump pack is currently. I don't think many people are actually falling into this "majority of people I see on this thread" category in the slightest. In fact, I think the people who take the game that seriously are probably in favor of keeping it as it is so it doesn't affect their ez wins since they can fuck their hitboxes up to be even harder to kill. That's my two cents as a newer member of the community.
(01-08-2022, 07:32 PM)David Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 07:17 PM)Automatic Man Wrote:  do you know how many new players get on the server and complain about the jump pack too? it's like every single one

Never have once heard a guest complain about jump pack; sure, I've seen people ask if they could have someone buy them one, but never have I heard one say that it's stupid.

Also, instead of people you could've just said me because nobody else said anything about the type of people who want it gone. When I launch Garry's Mod TTT, I'm not thinking "Oh, I am going to do the best at it!" I get on the game to relax and have some fun, because it isn't a serious game in any stretch of imagination; therefore, if the jumppack can be reworked to make it so we don't have "chandlier during an earthquake cosplay" going on, then I'm for that. Removing it just is unnecessary.

Keeping it the jetpack as is would be worse than removing it if we're planning to do something about it though, I'll admit that it's annoying to deal with that but then again, I'm not trying to be the best TTT player of all time or in the community so it never bothered me enough to want to say "LET'S REMOVE IT!"

you're not the only person to make that point, maybe in this thread (didn't read through the whole thing) but definitely in past discussions. again though it has nothing to do with whether the game is serious or not, it's not fun for a lot of people to deal with, that's why it gets asked to be removed lol. i'm reading your posts and there's an insinuation that having the jump pack = fun and that people who don't want it are just very serious players who don't know how to have fun

lots of guests complain about the jump pack, more do so about the fact that they don't have one but definitely a lot of people get on and complain that they can't keep up with people with them
(01-08-2022, 07:49 PM)3mb3ry Wrote: Seriously though, I am one of the most trash players and very rarely put effort into playing the game and I still hate how the jump pack is currently. I don't think many people are actually falling into this "majority of people I see on this thread" category in the slightest. In fact, I think the people who take the game that seriously are probably in favor of keeping it as it is so it doesn't affect their ez wins since they can fuck their hitboxes up to be even harder to kill. That's my two cents as a newer member of the community.

You bring a solid point; I was talking about it in the discord, and I realized I just had gotten used to how annoying it is to deal with and just stopped caring, and now that I think about it, your take is much more accurate as to who cares about the wins than mine; I think a rework could make this less of an issue hopefully.
(01-08-2022, 08:14 PM)David Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 07:49 PM)3mb3ry Wrote: In fact, I think the people who take the game that seriously are probably in favor of keeping it as it is so it doesn't affect their ez wins since they can fuck their hitboxes up to be even harder to kill. That's my two cents as a newer member of the community.
You bring a solid point; I was talking about it in the discord, and I realized I just had gotten used to how annoying it is to deal with and just stopped caring, and now that I think about it, your take is much more accurate as to who cares about the wins than mine; I think a rework could make this less of an issue hopefully.
This is pretty much why a rework is the best middle ground we can get. Any kind of change would be great, though, and I don’t think people realize that a change to prevent ceiling spam would be just as beneficial for the non-competitive players (majority of our playerbase) as for the competitive ones, if not more—even the best players are far easier to kill when half their hitbox hasn’t disappeared. When you take a good player out of their comfort zone and they’re not able to hide in the ceiling, they’re a lot more manageable and shortens what seems like a large skill gap between sweats and average regulars by a hell of a lot. You’d be surprised how many people dominate largely because of a really gimmicky playstyle.
(01-08-2022, 07:28 AM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: I would personally love a rework + fall damage script. In my eyes it’s the best middle ground for it. Reducing the power to 8 to make people not fly into the cieling so much while also adding a fall damage script so anyone can jump around or off things with little worries to damage, also this way there isn’t such a huge difference in fighting abilities of jumppack and non jumppack users.

I just want to echo on this. This is definitely a better solution as of right now rather than straight removing the jump pack. I would want to add on a slight change of lowering the price of the jump pack in shop. 

I would much rather try to go about this change then completely take it out until we try it. Also anyone who has concerns about the changes, I believe that the test server that we have for TTT has the jump pack set to 8 so it would be a good place to experience it before casting aside the option.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I technically voted for removal + fall damage reducer but having a crappier jump pack as a compromise plus maybe the fall damage reducer if the fall damage is annoying enough seems like a much more fun idea

please god no more headglitching though, that head better not be anywhere near the ceiling
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Noone here wants to learn how to hop again. Removing the jumpack is gonna half the consistent playerbase. But lets be honest anyone who thinks that anything short of a complete gamemode rework is gonna fix TTT is ODing on copium. Also the ceiling bug isnt a map bug persay more like the game just fully teleporitng your characters feet where the crouched animation is so your entire hitbox just moves directly up. Again its a gamemode issue not a map issue.
(01-09-2022, 12:14 PM)Pep*Mint*Fluff Wrote: Please don't remove D:
(01-09-2022, 02:11 PM)bless. Wrote: Again its a gamemode issue not a map issue.

[Image: IMG_7189.jpg]
(01-09-2022, 07:14 PM)HONG Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:14 PM)Pep*Mint*Fluff Wrote: Please don't remove D:
(01-09-2022, 02:11 PM)bless. Wrote: Again its a gamemode issue not a map issue.

[Image: IMG_7189.jpg]
Bruh be nice
also its been talked about before just not on here but hopefully if the rework reduces power of the jetpack, the price should also come down since there’s plenty of complaints from guests that they need 50k more (which can be easily gotten, but is still something I hear frequently)