Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Once and Once Only
(01-13-2022, 06:34 AM)Pep*Mint*Fluff Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 09:52 PM)David Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 09:41 PM)Kapitan BillyBob Wrote: what dah fuck is deadnaming

subtweeting on the dinks forums moment

I googled it earlier because I also didn't know; it's calling a transgender by their original name rather than what they prefer
Wait can other people use that term as well? Because I'm not trans but I've been using the term deadname to refer to my birthname and now I'm worried I've been using that term wrong. If I am using it wrong I'm very sorry!
It's not just transgenders.
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
(01-12-2022, 10:42 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I have no clue as to why that is referred to as deadnaming but alright. I can see how that can be disrespectful though in a way.

Its kinda like if you go by your middle name because you don't like your first name that much and you're hanging out with this guy for a few months that only knows your middle name, then he learns your first name somehow and only calls you your first name after that, its pretty annoying

kinda like that one friend that uses your full real name when you play together on public servers type annoying
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(01-14-2022, 07:48 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 10:42 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I have no clue as to why that is referred to as deadnaming but alright. I can see how that can be disrespectful though in a way.

Its kinda like if you go by your middle name because you don't like your first name that much and you're hanging out with this guy for a few months that only knows your middle name, then he learns your first name somehow and only calls you your first name after that, its pretty annoying

kinda like that one friend that uses your full real name when you play together on public servers type annoying
Or if your parent decides to scream your full name out in public because you did something menial to inconvenience someone.
But it applies to anyone who doesnt want to use their original name, not sure if it counts for russ's example but its the same concept.
either way you shouldn't post threads like this on the forums, it creates drama and is not productive. handle your issues privately, and if cases of harassment are occuring, bring them up to staff privately and it will be handled
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]