TTT dinkleberg ban
i can understand a week, month ban. let me remind everybody that this was an rdm and leave in the middle of the night, my first ban on this account, and you're telling me it's an indefinite ban from your server without looking into it at all. many players have gotten far less for far worse and i cant stress that enough. i can't count how many times i've been killed by an inno out of nowhere, t on t killed, prop killed by tiefling lesbian, seen players rdm and leave. it may not be "fragility" of staff. but chibill didn't look into this offense at all. Just permanently banned. discounting the 1000 hours ive spent actually having fun on the server over the span of 5+ years. I know some players who never want to come back to dinks just for these reasons, eagle for example, the Kor. I understand enforcing rules. but staff like chibill who have their finger on the permanent ban button at all times is what turns this server into one of favoritism, and unjust jurisdiction.
(01-22-2023, 02:01 AM)jonuthethird Wrote: chibill didn't look into this offense at all. Just permanently banned. discounting the 1000 hours ive spent actually having fun on the server over the span of 5+ years. I know some players who never want to come back to dinks just for these reasons, eagle for example, the Kor. I understand enforcing rules. but staff like chibill who have their finger on the permanent ban button at all times is what turns this server into one of favoritism, and unjust jurisdiction.

I think this thread's gotten more than enough responses, but just want to address this. Chibill did look into it, as I think is exceedingly clear here in the ban request. While I still think that a bit of rule flexibility late at night with few players is reasonable (hence my support for a reduction in your ban), if you RDM consistently and other people raise an issue with it, the rules and staff guidelines specify a permanent ban as the punishment for that. In fact, Chibill banning you as he did is quite the opposite of favoritism imo, as we would have done the exact same to a guest who came on, RDMed 1+ times per round multiple rounds in a row, and disconnected.

I'll contend that perhaps situations like this could be handled differently for long-standing regular players than for guests. I agree that your 1000 hours or however long sets you apart from guests who join with the sole intent of RDMing. But I think it's wrong to make it seem as though this was some ban-hungry moderator or an inconsistency in rule enforcement.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I disagree vehemently that regulars should have different rules than guests. A player who has 1000 hours should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else. Unless everyone involved is in on it and willingly participating, any case of rule breaking should be treated the same as any other, which is what happened here; the punishment for consistent RDM is a permaban when guests do it and it's the same here.

Regardless, this ban appeal would have gone a lot farther and you likely would have been unbanned within a month if you focused on admitting fault, showing remorse, and committing to not RDMing anymore instead of throwing blame on staff for following the guidelines and trying to justify your RDM.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(01-07-2023, 12:47 AM)jonuthethird Wrote: my intention isn't to rdm, however when i got on the server with about 5-10 people on i rdm'd and got offline. have done much worse for far less punishment. i know chibill and am surprised after all the reports he's handled on me this is what caused him to take action. i believe an indefinite ban is not the right course of action, this is because an indefinite ban is for players who have ill intentions when logging into the server. I have about 1,200 hours on dinklebergs server alone since highschool, the friends i've made and the laughs i've shared i think hold more value than the petty rdm attempts i've committed to make myself laugh.
Firstly, with all the RDM you do normally you were lucky this ban didn't occur sooner. Generally I am not out looking for consistent RDM bans since its not a normal thing that happens compared to Mass and other stuff like that, so I guess that fault is on me.

(01-22-2023, 02:01 AM)jonuthethird Wrote: i can understand a week, month ban. let me remind everybody that this was an rdm and leave in the middle of the night, my first ban on this account, and you're telling me it's an indefinite ban from your server without looking into it at all. many players have gotten far less for far worse and i cant stress that enough. i can't count how many times i've been killed by an inno out of nowhere, t on t killed, prop killed by tiefling lesbian, seen players rdm and leave. it may not be "fragility" of staff. but chibill didn't look into this offense at all. Just permanently banned. discounting the 1000 hours ive spent actually having fun on the server over the span of 5+ years. I know some players who never want to come back to dinks just for these reasons, eagle for example, the Kor. I understand enforcing rules. but staff like chibill who have their finger on the permanent ban button at all times is what turns this server into one of favoritism, and unjust jurisdiction.
Secondly this is not your first ban on this account. As you already said before you have prevously been banned for Mass in 2017, and also a temp ban for targeting people in 2020. 

Thirdly as Ryan has linked to the ban request, I did look into this offense quite a bit. I looked thru each round that you were on when it occurred and listed all my findings in that thread.   
And lastly, if you think I have my finger on permanent ban all the time, you definitely don't know me well. I generally avoid banning people unless I have sure evidence on them, for example it took 3 maps (and even logging into my alt)  for me to get evidence on a hacker before I banned them, since I wanted solid evidence against them. On top of that most bans I do are for Ban Evading or Mass RDM, which the punishment is always a perma-ban.  

Trying to turn your unban request from being a thread asking to be unbanned into one accusing the staff member that banned you is not a good look.
(01-22-2023, 12:36 PM)chibill Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 12:47 AM)jonuthethird Wrote: my intention isn't to rdm, however when i got on the server with about 5-10 people on i rdm'd and got offline. have done much worse for far less punishment. i know chibill and am surprised after all the reports he's handled on me this is what caused him to take action. i believe an indefinite ban is not the right course of action, this is because an indefinite ban is for players who have ill intentions when logging into the server. I have about 1,200 hours on dinklebergs server alone since highschool, the friends i've made and the laughs i've shared i think hold more value than the petty rdm attempts i've committed to make myself laugh.
Firstly, with all the RDM you do normally you were lucky this ban didn't occur sooner. Generally I am not out looking for consistent RDM bans since its not a normal thing that happens compared to Mass and other stuff like that, so I guess that fault is on me.

(01-22-2023, 02:01 AM)jonuthethird Wrote: i can understand a week, month ban. let me remind everybody that this was an rdm and leave in the middle of the night, my first ban on this account, and you're telling me it's an indefinite ban from your server without looking into it at all. many players have gotten far less for far worse and i cant stress that enough. i can't count how many times i've been killed by an inno out of nowhere, t on t killed, prop killed by tiefling lesbian, seen players rdm and leave. it may not be "fragility" of staff. but chibill didn't look into this offense at all. Just permanently banned. discounting the 1000 hours ive spent actually having fun on the server over the span of 5+ years. I know some players who never want to come back to dinks just for these reasons, eagle for example, the Kor. I understand enforcing rules. but staff like chibill who have their finger on the permanent ban button at all times is what turns this server into one of favoritism, and unjust jurisdiction.
Secondly this is not your first ban on this account. As you already said before you have prevously been banned for Mass in 2017, and also a temp ban for targeting people in 2020. 

Thirdly as Ryan has linked to the ban request, I did look into this offense quite a bit. I looked thru each round that you were on when it occurred and listed all my findings in that thread.   
And lastly, if you think I have my finger on permanent ban all the time, you definitely don't know me well. I generally avoid banning people unless I have sure evidence on them, for example it took 3 maps (and even logging into my alt)  for me to get evidence on a hacker before I banned them, since I wanted solid evidence against them. On top of that most bans I do are for Ban Evading or Mass RDM, which the punishment is always a perma-ban.  

Trying to turn your unban request from being a thread asking to be unbanned into one accusing the staff member that banned you is not a good look.
oh no please dont misunderstand me. i don't wish to be unbanned. firstly, i find it funny how tiefling makes the case that long standing players should be treated the same as guests, discounting the handful of times i've been prop killed by him. Chibill was someone who acknowledged me on the server as what i thought was a friend. whether its jumping off of buildings, forcing myself into spectate to commit suicide, or blowing myself up. "oh, that's just chili." i'm not justifying killing 3 innocents in the span of 3 rounds and leaving. you play your game and i respect it. tiefling may be a hypocrite but i also agree, guests and regulars should be treated the same. but as a moderator, before issuing a permanent ban time played and previous behavior should be considered. a guest who's first time playing on dinks kills 3 innocents and leaves. permanent ban? sure. a regular who has many friends on the server moderators alike gets on late at night and rdms his friends. permanent ban? not even going to hear the player out? give the player who gave 1000 hours of their life to this server, who loved both the server and the people in it, a chance to speak? nope, a permanent ban never to log into the server again. seems fair
(01-22-2023, 03:58 PM)jonuthethird Wrote: snip god damn
I only propkill people who are KOSable or when I'm T and when I RDM I get slain. I've never RDMed 5 people in 3 rounds. You've RDMed me many times, often without getting slain, so I'm not sure why you're trying to single me out.

Having friends on the server doesn't make you above the rules.
(01-22-2023, 03:58 PM)jonuthethird Wrote: oh no please dont misunderstand me. i don't wish to be unbanned. firstly, i find it funny how tiefling makes the case that long standing players should be treated the same as guests, discounting the handful of times i've been prop killed by him. Chibill was someone who acknowledged me on the server as what i thought was a friend. whether its jumping off of buildings, forcing myself into spectate to commit suicide, or blowing myself uffffffffffffffff
p. "oh, that's just chili." i'm not justifying killing 3 innocents in the span of 3 rounds and leaving. you play your game and i respect it. tiefling may be a hypocrite but i also agree, guests and regulars should be treated the same. but as a moderator, before issuing a permanent ban time played and previous behavior should be considered. a guest who's first time playing on dinks kills 3 innocents and leaves. permanent ban? sure. a regular who has many friends on the server moderators alike gets on late at night and rdms his friends. permanent ban? not even going to hear the player out? give the player who gave 1000 hours of their life to this server, who loved both the server and the people in it, a chance to speak? nope, a permanent ban never to log into the server again. seems fair

If I were to do what you describe it would be against the staff guidelines. Specifically the area labeled "Treating Everyone Equally" which states

Quote:Treat all Players the same regardless of if they are a Guest, Regular, or a fellow staff member. Regardless of if you are friends with a player or hate their guts, every player on Dinks TTT is bound to the same rules and punishments.
Examples:
  • Let’s say your best friend says the N-word in chat. Give him/her a mute even though they are your friend. If you’re caught selectively punishing your friends/foes differently, you’ll be warned and possibly demoted.
  • Your friend is mass rdming right in front of you, instead of giving them a perma ban, you give them a 3 day ban. No, that is not tolerated as a staff member. If you’re caught doing this, it will result in a demotion.
my past is surely something to be considered, mass rdm and no intention to play by the rules. That's a ban i can get behind and i was banned for 3 months before i had the chance to play with you all again. but that was almost 5 years ago. You all agree that i have no intention to play the game, that's fine. but this i know, i love playing on dinks. I love playing the game, I don't talk because i have an inability to speak but I love listening. But i also love fucking around. this is what i learned, to be wiser about who how and where i fuck around. but it didnt take a permanent ban on this server to get me here.   if you're going to consider anything, consider that. If you're going to consider anything, consider how many people i've made laugh with my stupid antics. Consider how my experience on dinks has been 90% enjoyment. and also, consider if a donor, donor+, even a moderator did this, now i dont think they would but lets use our imaginations. you say everyone should be treated equally, guests, regulars, but how much more consideration would go into the donors offense. lets not make any assumptions, but i would bet a lot of money to say that they wouldn't get a permanent ban as i did. I know what i did was punishable. I know what i did did not make a lot of people happy. i'm sorry. but i dont care about being liked anymore. i dont care about winning over the thread or reducing my punishment. let me be a voice to all the people who have been unjustly permanently banned who no longer want to log into this, or any gmod server because they feel treated as less than your precious moderators and donors. Chibill says i have no intention to play the game. THAT was his final verdict. but he never got my thoughts, he never got my side, my opinion. shouldn't people have a voice? or are they just dogs who should be shot after making a mistake. Moderators who take permanent bans as lightly as chibill, and some other staff do. should not have power. garrys mod should be a place of fun. escape. freedom. these people who have been victims of not being given a chance to grow.they won't be back.  but there will always be new players coming and going, so it doesn't matter right?
a donor was literally permabanned for consistent rdm like a day before you
before permanently banning a player, any player, hear them out. before making the radical claim that someone has ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION TO PLAY THE GAME OTHER THAN TO RDM, hear them out. half the people here on this thread agree to a reduction. but i will tell you that most players would not even come to a thread to defend themselves after logging into the server to see that they have been banned for good. is my specific case bannable? i think we can all come to the agreement that it is. but should i be told that i have no intention to play the game? that night, yes. that one single night that i got on a decided to be a menace. yes i had no intention to up my score or wins that 5 minutes that i was on. should i be told that just because of those 5 minutes of irritating gameplay, my countless hours should be discounted? absolutely not. I love chibill. i'm sure hes a good guy, but even 'moderators' make mistakes. however, i dont see anywhere where this is being acknowledged. in this thread or in the past. you permanently banned a player who genuinely loves the server. without even hearing what they have to say prior. the authoritarianism is a clear as day. you want moderators? you want threads? make them a safe place for players to speak their mind, because right now me and a lot of player of the past who will never log in again have been made to feel like nothing but garbage you totalitarian moderators want to so badly be rid of to have your perfect game.