Super Milk Chan

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:61801254

Time Played: 
500+

When First Joined:
June 21, 2022

Availability:
I am always free to handle backend stuff, as I can do so from my phone. As for getting on to play, I have been getting more free time in my life, but have filled that time with gym and volunteer firefighting. I will have more time coming soon and will be using that to amp up the deployment side of things.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community?:
There is always the stuff I already do, such as handling ban requests, contributing to updates, and tackling major problems like the server blowing up and becoming unplayable. Becoming an admin will give me more tools and more authority to streamline this better than my current position.

As for what I’d like to be able to do, I want to bring positive change to the community. That's not to say it's not already good, but I think some would agree that a few quality of life changes could breathe life back into the server. I aim to do this by putting my best foot forward to take a swing at solving the update frequency problem, and possibly change the rules just a bit to solve a bit of confusion and make things more fun. I have had a lot of time to observe the positives and negatives of our current set of rules, and I think we can improve the results.

This is more of a future discussion I wish to have with Dinkleberg, but I have a few ideas about how to make more frequent updates a possibility. For example, Dink and I may be able to find ways to make it easier for admins to contact him and have his support. I could also develop a new tool that will allow Prop Hunt to do more frequent content updates for things like maps, models, and taunt sounds, while leaving structural updates, such as changing the map voting system, to be implemented by Dink. This way, we can have updates without Dink having to worry about the possibility of another admin causing problems, which has proven to be a valid concern in the past.

This is, again, a problem for me to tackle in the future, but I am including this to show that I am willing to find a middle ground and work on developing said middle ground.

Why do you want to help the community?:
This is a bit of a simple answer, but I have come to enjoy the community and friends I have on this server. I want PH to be an enjoyable place for us to gather and play.
Have you previously been banned?
No real bans, just a list of goofing.

Have you previously applied for staff? 
I sure have

T-mod

Trusted

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?
Yes, of course. OBS and windows_key + shift + S

Other:
As a few of you know I have a busy life at this time. However, as mentioned before, I have gotten more time and put that time into the gym and becoming a volunteer firefighter. I still have more time being made available in the near future with getting work under control and a new home with my own space becoming available.
One of the major ways becoming an admin would really help me is the tools, such as the ability to ban users without actually having to be on the server. When I have time to use my PC at home, a fair bit of that time goes into doing ban requests as I am required to be at the PC to administer punishments. With the Admin tools, I can ban someone remotely, freeing up time when I am home and giving me more time to actually play. (I understand that the panel is a bit buggy, but we can work out some kind of fix)

A special thanks to @chelllman and @Ryzif as I have their blessings. That has taken some of the weight off my shoulders.and to @reina for helping me write my app.

Please don't hesitate to reach out.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
(08-20-2023, 05:15 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: TLDR
You have already demonstrated that you are a key component for not just PH but for the whole community, and I'm 100% sure others would agree on this.  

Your love for this place and your efforts to keep it standing has been showing since day one.  

I'll start spamming Dinks dms and make sure you get this because you deserve it for all your hard work Heart
+1, basically echoing what wilfry said

just don't be surprised when dink being an absentee drives you to resign lmfao
You would definitely make a great admin, but I wouldn't recommend going into this thinking you have a 100% chance of getting Dink to cooperate with you. The players and fellow admins will appreciate you and what you do for the server, but you may end up feeling disappointed if you believe Dink will show appreciation for your efforts through his own actions. I do hope I'm wrong about this though, since I think you've done an amazing job behind the scenes so far and definitely deserve to have your efforts acknowledged and reciprocated.
Yes
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Dink,

Super Milk Chan is the most qualified PH staff member to be promoted to Administrator. Though he's only staffed here for a year, he exemplifies great leadership qualities, does a lot of background stuff, and freakin made the new Poof bot. I have absolutely no concerns of him being promoted to Administrator. Possum can't do everything, and he is the one to fill the shoes that Chelllman and Ryzif wore. 

Good luck Milk  Heart
???????? ??????
(08-20-2023, 05:15 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: This is more of a future discussion I wish to have with Dinkleberg, but I have a few ideas about how to make more frequent updates a possibility. For example, Dink and I may be able to find ways to make it easier for admins to contact him and have his support.
Just want to reiterate this point and preface it by saying I'm not dissing dink, he has his reasons. It's just a reality. I've been down this road many times as both TTT and Web Admin (as have many others with the communication part), it always falls flat. So I personally wouldn't invest too much time into that aspect of trying to make it easier, it'll likely end in disappointment and a loss of time you can better spend elsewhere. It's just become a norm and accepted practice of how that communication works. I do appreciate the optimism and initiative, so you're welcome to try. It's just one of the realities around here that I think applicants should be aware of, you can't expect too much. You also have to be able to do things independently, put in a lot of work for getting your ideas implemented, and be persistent. It'll take time to get stuff implemented sometimes. I learned that as TTT Admin too. This may seem like a grim take but it's just years of observations as admin. Just don't want you going into it expecting all of these things to happen when they might not, or at least right away (learn toward the first part).   

I do appreciate you stepping up to fill the big void left by the bread guy and the hamster, best of luck. I think you would make a good admin if you feel ready
The most hard-working and efficient man we have available, And quite versatile too, He's also the sole reason why i applied for trusted and how i got there, Making Milk an admin is probably the best idea we have now, 1+ Make this man fat and miserable
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
This has nothing to do with you @Super Milk Chan but I am going to -1 this. I think you are a good candidate for the role but I am tired of seeing good people, who have busy real lives, step up to be continuously shot down due to the shortcomings out of their control. I care about this community and always will, but we have lost too many people due to Dinkleberg refusing to meet people at the 10% line or at times even the bare minimum. Dinkleberg has made a lot of money from Gmod servers over the years, the very least he could do is keep it updated enough so that it works. I want the good people to stay in the community which means keeping them away from staffing (especially the admin role), making sure that they remember it is a game and that their real life comes first (Super Milk Chan touched on this in his application, idk about Chellllman but I know Ryzif and Possum both have busy real lives), and that this "job" is completely volunteer and should not require constant watch.

Yes, I realize the server and community needs admins but they either need more power to actually fix problems or Dink needs to be more present. Until that happens where individuals in the admin role can have proper support or the power to back up what needs to be done, I am against anyone getting the admin role. With neither of those things, the admin role is just a slow death to whoever holds it in most scenarios.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Just to drop a few things in here:

1.) The panel ban is currently suffering and not working all the time. Something Dink could fix I'm sure. I've made him aware of this issue a few months ago I believe? 

2.) I really appreciate your tenacity in continuous attempts to improve the server and I really hope that doesn't burn out like my own did. Your work behind the scenes has been exponentially important in keeping the server going. 

3.) Just please be prepared for disappointment if this app does get accepted. Not trying to be shitty but he's a busy dude and this is an old server. I'd love to see it thrive more but even with Admin powers, your hands are fairly tied. There is a bit more control that you can implement such as the player shop but it's not exactly as much as you'd believe. 

4.) I believe from my experience with you that you can make rational decisions. You have a lot less experience in the community than previous Admins had but you have a good head on your shoulders. You and Possum would do fairly well.

As someone who played with Milk Chan previously and has worked with him I believe he'd be a good fit for stepping up. I know he can handle a lot of the technical items at hand like maps and content. Something that is dire for the server. 

I support him becoming Le PH Admin +1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]