Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
you'll never guess who's staff app this is
I am a -1 purely based on how it went the two previous stints of staff that I witnessed.

You weren't able to staff objectively enough. You made poor staffing decisions too often, whether they were due to emotional responses, personal biases, or - most often - simply poor judgement.

I'm not even factoring in anything about "staffing ruining the fun" - this is your call to make to apply. I'm concerned about the impact your presence has as a representative of the staffing community.
I feel you may be OK to handle some reports occasionally but I just don't trust your judgement in general.

The reason I'm a -1 is because some comments here imply that nothing has changed since last time, and while folks can grow wiser over time, the opposite appears to potentially have occurred.

My advice to you, Damien, just enjoy playing TTT. When Minges minge about you know how to ping staff, file reports and kick as donor when the experience is ruined.

My advice to you, Chibrr, is to not let history repeat itself. Strongly evaluate recent actions to see if past tendencies that resulted in last strikes/resignations are still present today.

Also I'm deader than Chernobyl reactor 4, so my entire book should be taken very lightly and factored proportionally. But I hope my words will at least farm me some rep
Best of luck on your application, Damien.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-25-2023, 12:59 AM)Jammin Wrote: You weren't able to staff objectively enough. You made poor staffing decisions too often, whether they were due to emotional responses, personal biases, or - most often - simply poor judgement.
Of course, I disagree. There was only one situation really that stood out where I made a really bad decision for an awarn but the awarn was reversed and I didn't receive a strike for it. Otherwise I felt like I staffed really well and I've heard others agree with me when I've asked about my time as staff. I always try to remain unbiased and keep my best judgement when I staffed. Thank you for your comment though!
every time I saw you as staff you would be getting in fights with guests over voice chat or fighting with someone who disagreed with a ruling you made
(10-25-2023, 03:48 AM)soft skinned slitherer Wrote: -1
every time I saw you as staff you would be getting in fights with guests over voice chat or fighting with someone who disagreed with a ruling you made
I feel like you might be confusing me for someone else or exaggerating a bit about my run as staff. I genuinely don't remember any argument really except for a situation or two towards the end of my tenure and if that's how you're going to think I'll staff then I guess I won't be able to change your mind since you only got a small sample size of what I did as staff when I got the opportunity to do so. If I'm accepted as staff I'll do what every other staff member does, do my best to not argue with players and explain why I gave a ruling as professionally and respectfully as one can be when prompted to as I felt I have when I was staff. Thank you for your comment and insight though! I appreciate all comments, good and "bad" and again hopefully I can dissuade "bad" comments :)
while I do think damien has recieved not a fair shot at this, two previous cycles?

can I simply ask whats changed to prevent this cycle of get-staff-go-resign? I am genuinely curious, and I dont want damien to get hurt/anyone to get hurt/butthurt.

+0, since I havent played in a while.

I do want damien as staff because I think he's a wonderful person, I just want to know what situationally has altered.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(10-25-2023, 10:43 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: I just want to know what situationally has altered.
Nothing really situationally has altered except for time. I'm still growing as a human and learning new things as I go along like everyone else. Sometimes you feel like things are gonna be different and sometimes you just know things are gonna be different, and this time is definitely the latter.
[Image: IMG_9369.jpeg?ex=654837ef&is=6535c2ef&hm...bfb8f0318&]
fuck you whoever deleted this the first time it is very important to this application  Angry Angry Angry Angry
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
-1 seems like a cool guy
(10-27-2023, 01:18 AM)four4four Wrote: -1 seems like a cool guy
chat is this real?
(10-27-2023, 01:21 AM)Damien Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 01:18 AM)four4four Wrote: -1 seems like a cool guy
chat is this real?

It is real, for real for real.