unssler appeal
bro its a 1 day ban ride it out i completely understand why people would think you slur baited with "Shut up ni" since people have tried to skirt the hard r with it over the years
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I'm not sure why slur bating would be warnable and saying the nword isn't. They should just prevent or encourage people to say nigga in general. Hard r or soft a. Maybe saying the soft a is actually warnable and just hasn't been enforced. I would argue in favor of a -1.
Just some clarification for "slur baiting" there really is two kinds that gets applied from what I have seen by most staff and they should be defined. The first is just trying to get someone else to slur. Like offering a point value or telling someone that they are allowed/goading. The other kind that is being talked about here is saying a slur without saying it. This could be saying/typing "ni" or filling in a slur with ### to try to dodge rules against a specific word. Don't feel super strongly either way, but should open the "nword should be fully banned" discussion and continue the "we probably need to at least clarify a few of the most used sections of the guidelines" discussion (especially with all the new staff).
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
Regardless of the opinion people have on why the soft-a is allowed but saying "ni-" is being treated as slur baiting, the fact still remains that it has been punished as such for at least the entire 3 months that I've been here, and kessler knows that.

We cant not warn him because warning him would somehow encourage him to fully slur. That's one of the worst takes I've heard of. 

-1, wait out the day
I am not a TTT player with much time on the server, but for a day ban it's better just to sit it out. Just read and familiar yourself with the TTT Rules :)
???????? ??????
+0 either way on this one. On one hand, it’s kinda silly that it’s that many warn points for it, on the other hand it’s really easy to avoid it by just avoiding any variation of the gamer word.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(02-16-2024, 10:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Regardless of the opinion people have on why the soft-a is allowed band saying "ni-" is being treated as slur baiting, the fact still remains that it has been punished as such for at least the entire 3 months that I've been here, and kessler knows that.

We cant not warn him because warning him would somehow encourage him to fully slur. That's one of the worst takes I've heard of. 

-1, wait out the day

Perhaps you've misunderstood what I've said. I'm saying that if he apologizes, the warn should be revoked because he says it was an accident and he didn't mean to imply a slur. If the warn sticks then there is no difference between him stopping himself and apologizing or just throwing out the full word no remorse. You can't prove he was going to say the N word or not, just like he can't prove he wasn't going to say it or not, so shouldn't an apology be enough when the evidence is only existent based on a bias on Kessler?
Also, please refrain from saying things like "That's one of the worst takes I've heard of." when it appears you didn't understand what I was saying. Thank you.
(02-16-2024, 10:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Regardless of the opinion people have on why the soft-a is allowed band saying "ni-" is being treated as slur baiting, the fact still remains that it has been punished as such for at least the entire 3 months that I've been here, and kessler knows that.

-1, wait out the day
    Regardless of your opinion that that I know about your unwritten rules, I started playing again more in the past month.  Before that a bit in November.  Before that the prior November. 2022.  No matter how long you've been staffing this way, it's not there in the guidelines for players to read and follow.

(02-16-2024, 11:02 PM)Harmless_Potato Wrote: I am not a TTT player with much time on the server, but for a day ban it's better just to sit it out. Just read and familiar yourself with the TTT Rules :)
     Thank you @Harmless_Potato I will go ahead and do that.
(02-16-2024, 10:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: the fact still remains that it has been punished as such for at least the entire 3 months that I've been here, and kessler knows that.

^ this.

It is incredibly hard not to have what may come off as a "biased opinion" in this case specifically, you have been on for and have literally acknowledged people being warned for this exact same thing while I've played with you. You understood it when it was happening to others, I'm unsure why that's changed now.

I can't prove he wasn't going to say the soft a, however, I have played this game far too much (nerd emoji, my bad) to not be able to recognize when someone intentionally cuts themselves off and when someone accidentally lets go of their push to talk key. If you actually watch the video, you can very clearly hear him drag out the word, pause abruptly, and then a keyboard click before his microphone turned off, which makes it incredibly difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was accidental.

Does it need to be defined in the rules better? Absolutely. But should this warn be removed? In my opinion, no. It shouldn't.

Also, I would like to mention that people were getting warned for slur baiting back in 2021. It's not a new rule by any means.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(02-16-2024, 11:10 PM)Battons Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 10:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: snip

Perhaps you've misunderstood what I've said. I'm saying that if he apologizes, the warn should be revoked because he says it was an accident and he didn't mean to imply a slur. If the warn sticks then there is no difference between him stopping himself and apologizing or just throwing out the full word no remorse. You can't prove he was going to say the N word or not, just like he can't prove he wasn't going to say it or not, so shouldn't an apology be enough when the evidence is only existent based on a bias on Kessler?
Also, please refrain from saying things like "That's one of the worst takes I've heard of." when it appears you didn't understand what I was saying. Thank you.
I did misuderstand. I thought you were taking a "lesser of the two evils" take, my apologies.

(02-16-2024, 11:18 PM)kessler. Wrote: Regardless of your opinion that that I know about your unwritten rules, I started playing again more in the past month.  Before that a bit in November.  Before that the prior November. 2022.  No matter how long you've been staffing this way, it's not there in the guidelines for players to read and follow.
Idk why I used italics on "opinion" so I deserve that. But as far as the rules go, the interpretation has been that saying "ni-" like you did is slur baiting. If you were trying to stop yourself from saying a slur, and that's what came out, I'm sorry but I still believe it falls under that definition, even if it was mistake. Accidental RDM is still RDM.

I still believe in the -1 for the reasons above, but I think you're still gonna end up waiting the day before a decision comes down on this, regardless.