Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
More Dinkleberg Drama, Surprise! Issues with staff and the treatment of hoy89
All I gotta say is Hoy deserves an apology.
former admin2
(03-25-2024, 12:29 AM)Battons Wrote: I guess staff get to bully people off the server now. Gaming.
And if you call people out on said behavior, you are the bad guy. gmod in 2024 is wild
1. Y'all need to take a breather. Emotions are way too high for those involved to make decisions.
2. It seems the situation should have been de-escalated by staff online. This turned into a dogpile, and staff were a bit more than complicit in this.
3. There is a tendency to 'mansplain' to the women of the server by the men of the server in general. Reina is not wrong about that.
4. Bullying Hoy off the server does nothing to solve that.
5. Bullying Reina now won't solve anything. Let Hoy and Reina work things out privately.
6. Qailub is the real enemy here. Please remember that.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
weird people dont deserve a positive reaction and neither does this thread hope this helps
(03-25-2024, 12:49 AM)Jammin Wrote: 1. Y'all need to take a breather. Emotions are way too high for those involved to make decisions.
2. It seems the situation should have been de-escalated by staff online. This turned into a dogpile, and staff were a bit more than complicit in this.
3. There is a tendency to 'mansplain' to the women of the server by the men of the server in general. Reina is not wrong about that.
5. Bullying Reina now won't solve anything. Let Hoy and Reina work things out privately.
This is completely true. I think if everyone understood this we wouldn't be in this situation at the moment
My apologies, however I merely want to mention what I said in discord here as well. I know I have no skin in this game, this isn't my battle but I do worry people are slowly drifting away from constructive criticism and generally beneficial discourse to a variety of name calling, repetitive remarks and disagreement that helps causes some fighting. This is mainly occurring in the discord however it is very possible to occur here as well. I just wanna ask that y'all try not to fight when trying to have these kinda conversations as I feel everyones intentions are geared towards trying to understand a situation and out of concern for the people involved and the community as a whole. I know I am only a discord helper and idk where I can really enforce anything but I do believe there is a need for constructive and beneficial discourse in such a situation. We are all human and I highly doubt anyone came into this situation with intent to hurt, insult or condescend on anyone but obviously that was not the outcome. Like I said, this is not my horse, nor my battle, however I just appreciate everyone in this community and am genuinely worried for everyone's wellbeing. Sorry for the long winded message. Have a lovely day/night!
[Image: lDo6UQl.png]
[Image: fkzTG3C.jpeg]
Like I said on the Discord server, it should have never escalated to this point.  It's very disappointing to see that the Discord Staff (including the admin) allowed and created this escalation in chat.  Discord Staff should be focusing on deescalating conversations like this, not criticizing and blowing it up to the proportion it was today.

To restate what I said in Discord, I can understand where people are coming from on all sides, but to go at each other's throats over this is insane.  I know what happened to coco was unwarranted and she didn't deserve any of that, but at the end of the day, internet safety, regardless of how long you've "known" someone online, should be anyone's top priority.  I can see where what was said was more of a safety concern, not one gender stepping over the other (and yes that's coming from a female).

TLDR you all need to chill and staff need to deescalate these issues, not feed into them.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(03-25-2024, 12:53 AM)Avi Wrote: Like I said on the Discord server, it should have never escalated to this point.  It's very disappointing to see that the Discord Staff (including the admin) allowed and created this escalation in chat.  Discord Staff should be focusing on deescalating conversations like this, not criticizing and blowing it up to the proportion it was today.

To restate what I said in Discord, I can understand where people are coming from on all sides, but to go at each other's throats over this is insane.  I know what happened to coco was unwarranted and she didn't deserve any of that, but at the end of the day, internet safety, regardless of how long you've "known" someone online, should be anyone's top priority.  I can see where what was said was more of a safety concern, not one gender stepping over the other (and yes that's coming from a female).

TLDR you all need to chill and staff need to deescalate these issues, not feed into them.
What irritates me is that whenever I'd say that I didn't want things to escalate in the chat, I'd get clowned on for repeating myself for some reason. Again, your comment in the discord sums up everything perfectly. Unfortunately some people didn't understand this and decided to keep adding fuel to the fire.
(03-25-2024, 12:49 AM)Jammin Wrote: 1. Y'all need to take a breather. Emotions are way too high for those involved to make decisions.
Jammin has worded this perfectly. Not sure why this is blown way out of proportion and a giant shitposting towards certain members. Let them handle it, and let’s not incite drama. 

Closing this thread as before shit hits the fan.
???????? ??????
(03-25-2024, 12:29 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 12:05 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: +rep this post if you like puppies and kittens
-rep if you hate puppies and kittens
Hi Tiefling.

In all seriousness, this is not the post to shitpost on. 

your one comment has done what many other comments here could not do.

in one comment, you have debased the value of the conversation here, and directly or indirectly messaged to the TTT community that you (and by extension possibly the TTT upper staff team) must not care about the goings ons in the TTT community. 

as a mod or Admin (especially as the latter), it is super important to be a person that others can look up to.

this post is not exemplary behavior. Do better, because you can be better, at least I would hope.
A situation that had already mostly deescalated didn't need to be turned into an even more public spectacle by someone that was not the focus of either side of the argument. This thread doesn't do anything to solve either side's grievances, it only serves to stoke the flames more. I hope Hoy is able to come back to the server, and if further resolution is required for that to happen, that's between him and whichever staff he feels it's required from. Did anyone ask him if he wanted this to be made into a bigger public display before this was posted?

The staff involved could have done a better job of deescalating the situation sooner, but staff are also people and are allowed to have opinions and get frustrated. I don't think anything said by staff constitutes bullying or harassment as far as I've seen, just frustration with a way women are often treated. I also don't think anyone is accusing Hoy of intentionally going out of his way to infantilize Coco, but the grander point is that just because someone doesn't intend something a certain way doesn't mean it doesn't still come across that way, and that it's ok to simply accept criticism and move on.

And I can't help but notice that you hate puppies and kittens. +0
[Image: gBkzZod.png]