Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damien Staffing Everywhere Saga: Forums Arc
That comment two slots above mine is wild. Anyways, I’m going to +1 because although I think your time between ranks is low, you’ve done very well and I don’t see a real reason why you should not be given a chance. I think that the good staffing would continue if you got this promotion.
Believe it or not, there actually was a helpful nugget in BIIG_SAD's post. Don't spread yourself so thin and spend so much time monitoring and staffing the various places that you end up burning out and despising the community.

If you feel like you need to take a break from one, multiple, or all of your staffing responsibilities, do that. This server has survived well before you started staffing and will survive if you take a break. If it doesn't, there are some bigger problems at hand lol.
Speaking from former experience, don’t stretch yourself too thin. You WILL burn yourself out/stress yourself out. You just got promoted to upper TTT staff, so I personally am leaning on a soft no. 

+-0 for now. I personally don’t have an issue with Damien, I would just be worried about the stated information above.
???????? ??????
I'm gonna +1 cause I definitely think you can and will make good web staff, but like a few people have mentioned I only worry about may you might be stretching yourself real thin being staff in so many different places. I've seen this happen with a few people in particular who, while good staff, just suffered from major burnout and I don't want that to happen to you. But that's legit my only concern, if he can handle it I say why not give him a chance? Good luck!

stirs the pot in the community, said to potato (context: potato was trying to calm down general) "haha, you can't do anything about it"
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
+1, i feel like he can easily handle it.
Out of everyone that has I applied, I believe Damien probably is the best candidate, I’ve fought for them for many years as I can see the potential they have to do this place well, my only feedback would be to not let people sway your decisions, and that is something you can learn with time before you eventually try to go for admin. +1.
I like Damien because [insert what I said on his discord app]

Go Damien!

+1
smh my head
Quote:in light of some of your recent comments in the discord, such as fanning the flames to a really touchy subject:

-1 you are a terrible fit for mod, and I do not think that someone who fans the flames instead of being a level head should ever get power over the main place where serious things occur.
In what sense did I "fan the flames" by making a funny jab to someone I'm somewhat friendly with? Harmless Potato knows I'm kidding, and I know he knows I'm kidding because he didn't salt-edit his post to minus one me. If that's enough to switch your vote from neutral to negative then that says a lot more about you then about me lmao. Thank you for putting a real number this time tho.

unrelated but like I said in my original post, I can handle all 3 staff ranks, hell there are admins currently who do pretty much all 3 things required of discord, ttt and forum staff so I don't see why I couldn't. Gatekeeping a staff rank on *potential* burnout concerns has never worked out for this community.
(04-11-2024, 08:43 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: -1

stirs the pot in the community, said to potato (context: potato was trying to calm down general) "haha, you can't do anything about it"
I'm sorry man I like you but this post just ain't it. Someone correct me if I am wrong though, but when I saw him type that yesterday it came across as a joke how he isn't staff now and can't do shit. I still stand by what I said in my other reply, once again good luck on your app damien