Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i respect jammin
(04-12-2024, 12:53 AM)Deadpoolz Wrote: The wild truth is 99% of ttt players are socially awkward, otherwise they wouldn't be playing gmod in 2024.

this is what i meant in my resignation. how does this excuse any creepy behavior? stop enabling your friends to manipulate and harass women. the only criticism that the men behaving in that way will take as anything other than an attack is criticism that comes from other men.
(04-12-2024, 03:16 AM)reina Wrote: this is what i meant in my resignation. how does this excuse any creepy behavior? stop enabling your friends to manipulate and harass women.
What are you on about. It feels like you just twist words to whatever fits your own narrative. What I said is a joke considering most people on here are socially awkward and terminally online, not a defense of creepy behavior. The main point of my post was to respond to Shaye for being toxic, but I'm sure you don't care about that. That being said, I will defend my friends if I feel they've been wronged. 

I find it funny you say I'm enabling my friends to "manipulate and harass women" when all you've been doing is enabling your friends to harass and be toxic towards others. I defend Battons because though what he said was weird, it was also 5 years ago and was stated with no context, his name was then dragged through the mud and he was even called a pedophile by a few. I defend Jack because it just seems your trying to make him out to be Laced 2.0 with no substantial evidence or anything. People would just rather call him a "creepy loser" before anything substantial is presented. 

(04-12-2024, 03:16 AM)reina Wrote: the only criticism that the men behaving in that way will take as anything other than an attack is criticism that comes from other men.
I think the issue is that you’re just a stereotypical twitter user. You make these baseless claims off your assumptions of men as if you know everything. I'm not going to argue this any further because there is literally no winning this argument with someone like you. To my knowledge, Jack took what you said on his app to heart, though I'm not gonna speak for him any further than that. 

I don't want this to be a back in forth cause I gotta sleep, but I don't see what I have to say changing the opinions of you or others anyway. Which goes both ways ig. This has just become another "clique war" between two groups anyway. None of this will matter in probably a week or two when the next drama happens. Happy birthday ig
former admin2
A lot of people on dinks are stereotypical Twitter users, but some fit the mold more than others. This + the other thread has me quite disappointed in how we just seem to allow personal grudges to build up and suddenly explode in public. It’s a normal cycle. 

Not to call out another person, but this same stuff occurred when Lemon resigned and what happened? Nothing. What’s going to come out of all this argument? Destruction of friendships and toxicity. There’s not been a single positive thing from this and I get that it’s a frustrating situation but maybe the best approach would be to simply walk away and revisit this discussion another time when tempers have flared down. 

Random people coming back from the dead to call out someone for being a pick me is so high school level it just makes me gag.
smh my head
(04-12-2024, 05:19 AM)chapman Wrote: Random people coming back from the dead to call out someone for being a pick me is so high school level it just makes me gag.
“highschool drama” shouldnt have been your takeaway to a series of responses attempting to address someones continued and malicious downplaying of serious issues that actively affect a portion of the playerbase; its not “gossip” when there are people that have been pushed away from the community and their own friend groups by those who continue to thrive under the current server culture
(04-12-2024, 06:20 AM)HONG Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 05:19 AM)chapman Wrote: Random people coming back from the dead to call out someone for being a pick me is so high school level it just makes me gag.
“highschool drama” shouldnt have been your takeaway to a series of responses attempting to address someones continued and malicious downplaying of serious issues that actively affect a portion of the playerbase; its not “gossip” when there are people that have been pushed away from the community and their own friend groups by those who continue to thrive under the current server culture
The issues at hand are actual issues within the community, I am in agreement with that part of it and I feel like more than meets the eye would also think that. How they’re being discussed here has made this whole situation feel kind of hopeless, however. There really hasn’t been a sense of any sort of united community at all for a good while and now that things have happened it’s exacerbating that to an extreme degree. Unfortunately, the issue at hand is probably one of the most difficult to address in an online space because it’s nigh impossible to balance the need for privacy and the need for the community to discuss and teach using real examples. Pretty clearly right now we have several private spaces patting each other’s back and then here where those spaces both speak with each other butt heads and refuse to work together for a resolution. To me it just feels like everyone is out for each others’ head and wants certain people banned and others to stay. And this isn’t a “solution lies in the middle” fallacy I’m trying to pull either, rather, the solution, if it’s even possible at this point, cannot continue to take the approach of private discussion with people that confirm their own biases towards others and then go scorched earth on them in the public space (major callouts without ever trying to actually talk with someone, downvoting posts made by people you dislike, attempts to get them banned, etc.) Pretty much this whole community including myself is guilty of stuff like this to some degree, and it’s fine to have friend groups, but the whole cycle of no drama, drama explosion, no drama, explosion has been a part of this community for as long as I can remember, and I think if this community survives, regardless of what results of this, it’ll be healthier to have smaller episodes of drama where we have teaching moments for people from any kind of callout or argument as opposed to metaphorically piling explosives behind dams then blowing them up and flooding the city. 

Tl;dr there’s a fundamental divide occurring in the community and the approach that has been taken by the community is maintaining it
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I said that it’s sad what’s been going on because it’s toxic. Hani coming out of nowhere to call Avi a “pick me” is 100% high school. I’d expect that behavior from Maddox but not a grown woman. 

stop trying to Cherry pick and make yourself look better. Shut up
smh my head
Poor Jammin
(04-12-2024, 04:25 AM)Deadpoolz Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 03:16 AM)reina Wrote: this is what i meant in my resignation. how does this excuse any creepy behavior? stop enabling your friends to manipulate and harass women.
What are you on about. It feels like you just twist words to whatever fits your own narrative. What I said is a joke considering most people on here are socially awkward and terminally online, not a defense of creepy behavior. The main point of my post was to respond to Shaye for being toxic, but I'm sure you don't care about that. That being said, I will defend my friends if I feel they've been wronged. 

I find it funny you say I'm enabling my friends to "manipulate and harass women" when all you've been doing is enabling your friends to harass and be toxic towards others. I defend Battons because though what he said was weird, it was also 5 years ago and was stated with no context, his name was then dragged through the mud and he was even called a pedophile by a few. I defend Jack because it just seems your trying to make him out to be Laced 2.0 with no substantial evidence or anything. People would just rather call him a "creepy loser" before anything substantial is presented. 

(04-12-2024, 03:16 AM)reina Wrote: the only criticism that the men behaving in that way will take as anything other than an attack is criticism that comes from other men.
I think the issue is that you’re just a stereotypical twitter user. You make these baseless claims off your assumptions of men as if you know everything. I'm not going to argue this any further because there is literally no winning this argument with someone like you. To my knowledge, Jack took what you said on his app to heart, though I'm not gonna speak for him any further than that. 

I don't want this to be a back in forth cause I gotta sleep, but I don't see what I have to say changing the opinions of you or others anyway. Which goes both ways ig. This has just become another "clique war" between two groups anyway. None of this will matter in probably a week or two when the next drama happens. Happy birthday ig
jesus. no fucking wonder there have been so many creeps who have managed to thrive in this community.
Oop
[Image: b_560x95.png]
okkk, I think we can close the book on this one now. It's straying way too far off the original topic (we know about now) and is devolving to a point that is not productive/constant back and forth.