Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formal Abuse Report for EpicGuy
EpicGuy

TTT Admin

4:45 pm EST 6/23/18

Hillrop, EOE, Everyone else present in the server at the time

EpicGuy added 1 autoslays to You with the reason : 'Ladder blocking isn't KOSable. Just go in the opposite direction'

I was going up a ladder corridor on the TTT map dolls. As I was going up the ladder there was a player by the name of Young Zero on top of my head blocking me from getting off the ladder. I issued the Ladderblocking warning and continued by counting down to 0 from 3 (3...2...1) and killed him. EpicGuy had all the evidence he needed and he issued a slay based on the saying that "Ladder blocking isn't KOSable. Just go in the opposite direction." If this is true why is door blocking KOSable and not ladderblocking? I attempted to reason with him afterwards to no avail. He refused to remove the slay.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...demote.JPG

BTW I do not intend for this post to be regarded as a shitpost. It displays factual evidence with little opinions.
You know this is just going to be locked again right?

"Another one" - DJ Khaled

Aw shucks. I spent too much time on this and Scoovie locked the thread. I'll post this anyway.

Two quick things: I don't plan on accepting your friend request on the forums. Hillrop, stop liking every post, goober.

Some context for all of you asking for it. We were playing on de_dolls. The ladder was the main ladder in the closet. I added a slay to Wambo because he was adamant that ladder blocking was KOSable. I told him to find the line in the MOTD that says that ladder blocking was KOSable. He didn't do that but said that ladder blocking is the same thing as door blocking. Well, it's not. One's blocking a ladder, one is blocking a door. But there are some similarities, I'll give you that. I still challenge him to find that line. Then I told him to spec me in game. I was near a ladder. I wanted to show him how stupid his reasoning was. Unfortunately, I was not able to sway his mind. He still thought that ladder blocking was KOSable. Well, I'll try again.

If you're on a ladder, there's got to be a way back from whence you came. In your case, it would be back down the ladder. No one was blocking you from below. Someone was blocking you from above. I don't see what's so hard to understand. I'll add some arrows to a few screenshots I took so you know what I'm talking about because it's clear from this thread that you have no idea how to think critically. The last screenshot is my favorite.

I also took the liberty of recording the death scene so people know that you're a muppet, and could have gone down the ladder, walked around the corner, and go up either the ramp or get this, the other ladder.

If it pleases the Admins, I'd like to not be demoted. Oh wait, I'm an Admin now!

https://imgur.com/a/E8vTEbq

https://youtu.be/gl5DGYX4ewM
(06-23-2018, 04:48 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: You know this is just going to be locked again right?

Aw shucks. I spent too much time on this and Scoovie locked the thread. I'll post this anyway.

Two quick things: I don't plan on accepting your friend request on the forums. Hillrop, stop liking every post, goober.

Some context for all of you asking for it. We were playing on de_dolls. The ladder was the main ladder in the closet. I added a slay to Wambo because he was adamant that ladder blocking was KOSable. I told him to find the line in the MOTD that says that ladder blocking was KOSable. He didn't do that but said that ladder blocking is the same thing as door blocking. Well, it's not. One's blocking a ladder, one is blocking a door. But there are some similarities, I'll give you that. I still challenge him to find that line. Then I told him to spec me in game. I was near a ladder. I wanted to show him how stupid his reasoning was. Unfortunately, I was not able to sway his mind. He still thought that ladder blocking was KOSable. Well, I'll try again.

If you're on a ladder, there's got to be a way back from whence you came. In your case, it would be back down the ladder. No one was blocking you from below. Someone was blocking you from above. I don't see what's so hard to understand. I'll add some arrows to a few screenshots I took so you know what I'm talking about because it's clear from this thread that you have no idea how to think critically. The last screenshot is my favorite.

I also took the liberty of recording the death scene so people know that you're a muppet, and could have gone down the ladder, walked around the corner, and go up either the ramp or get this, the other ladder.

If it pleases the Admins, I'd like to not be demoted. Oh wait, I'm an Admin now!

According to your reasoning, Ladderblocking is not KOSable because you can simply turn around. The problem with that is that the player was preventing me from reaching that floor and the same concept applies to doorblocking. In both cases a player is blocking entry to a specific area which makes it KOSable. In your statement, "walked around the corner, and go up either the ramp or get this, the other ladder." you claim that I could have gone around, which is TRUE, however this same concept can apply to various doors that are blocking off certain areas of the map and the principle is the same for all doors no matter what. If a player is blocking a door they can be KOS'd it doesn't matter if there is another door or point of entry. This applies to ladders as well. 

I have been killed for ladderblocking before and no slays were ever handed out. If ladderblocking is allowed, I am asking for a clear sentence stating so in the MOTD. There seems to be a lot of confusion over it and if I am wrong I appoligize, but this seems to be a grey area. I was told that ladderblocking is the same as doorblocking by various mods in the past.

(06-23-2018, 04:48 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: You know this is just going to be locked again right?

The youtube link does not appear to be working.
You forget that you can only kill for doorblocking if the door that is being blocked is the ONLY accesspoint for your target. Wich on Dolls, is NEVER the case, so this slay was VERY much justified
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
How was he blocking you from getting to the ground? He was above you. Just go down the ladder. I fixed the link. Thank you for letting me know it didn’t work
If there's another way, it's not door blocking. Same applies for ladders.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-23-2018, 06:44 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: If there's another way, it's not door blocking. Same applies for ladders.

@Wambo

Here is a formal proof since you seem to not understand:
1. We already know from basic knowledge that a Door = / = Ladder
2. Therefore, ladder blocking does not apply to the doorblocking rule in the rule thread, as there is no clause for ladders
3. Ladders have no explicit rules regarding blocking via the rules
4. If it isn't listed under reasons to KOS or exceptions, you cannot RDM or KOS for it
5. You KOS'd for ladderblocking
6. Since ladderblocking is not mentioned in the rules, and therefore not KOS, AND you KOS'd someone for it, you broke the rules and RDM'd
7. Punishment for RDM = 1 slay

Abuse where? You just extrapolated and are mad because you were slain for breaking the rules.
How is this difficult?
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(06-23-2018, 09:00 PM)ReThink Wrote: @Wambo

2. Therefore, ladder blocking does not apply to the doorblocking rule in the rule thread, as there is no clause for ladders
4. If it isn't listed under reasons to KOS or exceptions, you cannot RDM or KOS for it
6. Since ladderblocking is not mentioned in the rules, and therefore not KOS, AND you KOS'd someone for it, you broke the rules and RDM'd

Abuse where? You just extrapolated and are mad because you were slain for breaking the rules.
How is this difficult?

-1 you used extrapolated and mad in the same sentence. your so mad.
(06-23-2018, 09:01 PM)Wambo Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 09:00 PM)ReThink Wrote: @Wambo

How is this difficult?

-1 you used extrapolated and mad in the same sentence. your so mad.

Trying to get your post count up, huh?
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]