Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay Rule
I propose we change the delay rule and clarify what delay really is.

As such, I suggest that delaying be: The period of time in which an alone traitor with no remaining accomplices, or accomplices that are not actively committing traitorous acts, does not kill or attempt to kill at least one innocent within a span of 3 minutes or actively participate in ending the round"

Attempts should be considered: 

1. Actively firing a weapon at an innocent and or throwing explosive weaponry at innocents.

2. Placing a traitorous item that can kill near innocents (such that the item is not placed as a "trap" in the distance and not near innocents.)

3. Attempting to use a defibrillator on a T-Buddy.

Warnings should be administered at 3 minutes, and if no subsequent action is taken within 1 minute following, will result in a slay for the following round, and if greater than 2 minutes after the initial 3, an immediate round ending slay.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how this should be clarified, or any other acts that may be viewed as "attempts to kill innocents or otherwise end the round"
@nopleez Aiser raises some good points here, why did you downvote him?
I like this idea a lot, maybe less than 3 minutes though? That seems like a long time?
"Hey are you a girl gamer?" 
- Everyone on Dink's TTT 
(07-08-2018, 02:11 PM)Aiser Wrote: I propose we change the delay rule and clarify what delay really is.

As such, I suggest that delaying be: The period of time in which an alone traitor with no remaining accomplices, or accomplices that are not actively committing traitorous acts, does not kill or attempt to kill at least one innocent within a span of 3 minutes or actively participate in ending the round"

Attempts should be considered: 

1. Actively firing a weapon at an innocent and or throwing explosive weaponry at innocents.

2. Placing a traitorous item that can kill near innocents (such that the item is not placed as a "trap" in the distance and not near innocents.)

3. Attempting to use a defibrillator on a T-Buddy.

Warnings should be administered at 3 minutes, and if no subsequent action is taken within 1 minute following, will result in a slay for the following round, and if greater than 2 minutes after the initial 3, an immediate round ending slay.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how this should be clarified, or any other acts that may be viewed as "attempts to kill innocents or otherwise end the round"
What about:

1. Activating a T-trap that attempts to kill/damage an innocent?
  2. Using healing items/chicken farming to regain health?
  3. Playing map objectives (ex: lost temple) to win for traitors?
  4. Speaking in voice and/or chat in order to get innocents to kill one another? (passive kills)
There are other situations in which the rules above won't cover, such as a T waiting the timer to OT so that innos will kill other sus'd innos (sus is KOS in OT) in order to have fewer targets/better odds.
Point being, the rule, in my opinion, is fine as-is. The real issue is that it is never enforced. Most staff don't want to slay for delay unless the timer literally runs to zero, at which point everyone's time is already wasted. Trolling the entire server by delaying and then only receiving a single slay almost encourages guests, minges, etc. to troll with the rule just because they know it won't be enforced.

My experience with the rule is anecdotal, of course, but I have yet to see a slay for delay in the entire time I've played on this sever, either before the round ends or after.
It's a hard rule to enforce because (I think, speculation here) it's better to wait out the player's actions than it is to immediately slay them, as it eliminates the risk of making a mistake and getting "written up" for abuse of power. So I think the rule is fine, but a little encouragement to enforce the rule is needed imo.

Any staff please chime in here if I'm off base at all.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

@ReThink I agree with points 1-3, those are things I forgot to mention and i feel like those should also be "attempts" except in cases with healing just to extend the time before its "delay" so thank you. I feel like passive kills should not be counted in favor of the traitor though, as they often arent the ones people that contribute to them occurring at all. I'm not naming names, but there are several "passive" players, that are much TOO passive, and go 5+ minutes before even getting their first kill, or between their kills. Maybe the rule doesn't need to be changed, but I feel like changing the rule or clarifying it is what will get the rule enforced on a much more consistent basis. I'm just tired of sitting as a dead player or spectator for several minutes without anything happening.
These are technically already implied. If you're not doing anything Traitorous and or not playing, you're delaying.