Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tmod Application: Mr.Potato
https://prnt.sc/l613sw This was a totally unnecessary "lashing out" that you explained to me as being felt ignored. You should've grabbed the Steam ID before you even handled the situation rather than asking the user playerbase for it.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(10-21-2018, 03:07 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: https://prnt.sc/l613sw This was a totally unnecessary "lashing out" that you explained to me as being felt ignored. You should've grabbed the Steam ID before you even handled the situation rather than asking the user playerbase for it.

Yep that’s me being really mad (this is sarcasm, feel like I gotta point out when ever I’m being sarcastic or saying a joke now.). I asked twice cause no one answered me the first time, and it wasn’t like “GIVE ME AN ANSWER NOW” it was supposed to be more “GUYS HELLO PLEASE HELP”. Why didn’t I get their ID before handling the situation? Because I was just beginning to learn.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(10-21-2018, 04:02 PM)Mr.Potato Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 03:07 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: https://prnt.sc/l613sw This was a totally unnecessary "lashing out" that you explained to me as being felt ignored. You should've grabbed the Steam ID before you even handled the situation rather than asking the user playerbase for it.

Yep that’s me being really mad (this is sarcasm, feel like I gotta point out when ever I’m being sarcastic or saying a joke now.). I asked twice cause no one answered me the first time, and it wasn’t like “GIVE ME AN ANSWER NOW” it was supposed to be more “GUYS HELLO PLEASE HELP”. Why didn’t I get their ID before handling the situation? Because I was just beginning to learn.
Honestly dude, your sarcasm here isn't helping your case AT ALL. In fact, it's annoying. You had been doing this for 3 weeks at the time. You should know by then to grab Steam IDs. Either way, using caps is typically defined as yelling or screaming. As such, that's how it was taken. Maybe not in anger, but you still "yelled" nonetheless. Not to mention you literally gave us 15-30 seconds. You should learn to be more patient before doing that.

I mean, I don't really play on prop hunt, but are you really getting worked up over such an insignificant comment. I knew you guys were fairly strict, but come on, "lashing out" would be verbally/textually attacking someone; all I'm seeing is an emphasized version of his first comment.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(10-21-2018, 07:09 PM)Trombowen Wrote:

I mean, I don't really play on prop hunt, but are you really getting worked up over such an insignificant comment. I knew you guys were fairly strict, but come on, "lashing out" would be verbally/textually attacking someone; all I'm seeing is an emphasized version of his first comment.
The thing is, he could've emphasized it without using an entire sentence of caps. There's a reason why the words "lashing out" are quoted rather than set without them though. Not to mention he gave no time all between the 2 statements.
-1 I still think you need some time to learn the ropes before stepping up as a Tmod.

I think you as well as Travis need to take the above conversation to a pm. This is a staff app not a place to lash out at one another. Please keep it professional.
(10-21-2018, 07:16 PM)[Teal]Gelly Wrote: I do think that you as well as Travis should take the above conversation to a pm. This is a staff app not a place to lash out at one another. Please keep it professional.

Agreed. This is starting to turn into Midnight's last staff app.
(10-21-2018, 07:11 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 07:09 PM)Trombowen Wrote:

The thing is, he could've emphasized it without using an entire sentence of caps. There's a reason why the words "lashing out" are quoted rather than set without them though. Not to mention he gave no time all between the 2 statements.

This is not a pertinent example of him even sort of "lashing out". I don't see why you're trying to distinguish some capitalization with having emphasis and all capitalization with him "lashing out". Also, getting worked up over this insignificant thing is not being productive nor is it giving @"Mr.Potato" any sort of constructive criticism.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

I would like to remind people that my statements are onboard with the application at hand and are on topic. I was merely providing evidence for my reasoning. I apologize if it seemed off topic.
Trombowen, Travis, and Mr. Potato, I advise you all to move this conversation somewhere else.
This back and forth shit isn't what staff apps are meant for. They're for giving your opinion on whether or not a player should become part of the staff team, or if a staff member deserves a promotion.