Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
title
(06-21-2019, 12:16 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: In my opinion I dont think this situation needed to be necessarily posted on the forums.  I get that there was miscommunication on a lot of peoples ends, but I believe that it could've been solved either in game or on discord. 

I reported it to Gabe, who suggested I post it on the forums.
(06-21-2019, 12:57 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 12:16 AM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: In my opinion I dont think this situation needed to be necessarily posted on the forums.  I get that there was miscommunication on a lot of peoples ends, but I believe that it could've been solved either in game or on discord. 

this community loves drama of course it needs to be posted on the forums
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(06-21-2019, 10:16 AM)Foxka Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 12:57 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

this community loves drama of course it needs to be posted on the forums

I believe it's more about setting an example since common sense isn't so common around these parts, but sure.
What’s more important here and what should be up for discussion is the whole concept of joke kicking or punishing people. While the kick of Laced shouldn’t have happened, it’s more important to discuss core issue here. I for many years have been against joke punishments like this and what many staff members do. They aren’t funny, they are just annoying. It’s unprofessional and not productive for a staff to be doing it. The only thing it does is lead to events like this.

In this specific case it was a mistake done by a new donor, that shouldn’t have happened. He knows better and I wouldn’t expect him to do something similar again. Is this worth a demotion, absolutely not.
Last note/summarization.

Don’t use your donor powers when staff is on. If you follow through a “joke” that consists of someone kicking someone, consequences will occur. I suggest not doing so. 

@Laced Xanax did the correct thing and explained the perfect situation that has been occurring way too often. 

Higher ups will be making a post soon explaining what TO DO and what NOT TO DO as donor and staff. 

Donors, only use your powers if there are NO STAFF ON and if it’s NEEDED. For example: constant mic spammer/chat spammer, MASS RDMER (grab evidence before you do so for a ban request), hacker, etc. 

Then notify staff what happened, what action was taken, time stamps, and evidence. 

Don’t do dumb shit or bad shit happens.

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)
(06-21-2019, 02:07 PM)WILD Wrote: Don’t use your donor powers when staff is on.

I don't agree with this, and neither does Dink. If I can gag or mute someone quicker than the staff can, so be it. If someone Mass RDMs, and I have the evidence, I'm kicking them unless a TMod is on to karma ban them. A Trusted can add infinite slays via SteamID, and a Mod can ban via SteamID. In my opinion, being a former staff member, this rule is unnecessary and gets in the way of people trying to ease the stress that's put on the staff.
(06-21-2019, 02:58 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

I don't agree with this, and neither does Dink. If I can gag or mute someone quicker than the staff can, so be it. If someone Mass RDMs, and I have the evidence, I'm kicking them unless a TMod is on to karma ban them. A Trusted can add infinite slays via SteamID, and a Mod can ban via SteamID. In my opinion, being a former staff member, this rule is unnecessary and gets in the way of people trying to ease the stress that's put on the staff.

EDIT: Don't use powers if not necessary or if it implies helping staff. I was referencing that people who are command trigger happy. But, true.

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)
(06-21-2019, 03:07 PM)WILD Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 02:58 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

EDIT: Don't use powers if not necessary or if it implies helping staff. I was referencing that people who are command trigger happy. But, true.

That I can understand. Thanks for the clarification.
Gonna lock this until anything comes of this. Probably won’t but there’s a post to be made that should help. In general please don’t just announce that someone needs to be kicked, because then this happens. And don’t call it like a bounty...

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon