Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TTT map I made (download)
I've been working on this for way too damn long so I figured I'd finally release it.
It's themed off a wrestling arena and I was gonna add a bunch of shit like John Cena memes but the boredom and time wasted on making this is way too damn high. I promise you that it's well-playable though.
Features:
-WWE ring (what did you expect)
-Moving camera platform thing (equivalent of the helicopter on aircraft)
-T room (it should flood 5 minutes into the round to prevent t's from camping unless shit breaks)
-explosions (literally, you'll see)
-functioning elevator
-somewhat decent camera system
-secret(s)
and yeah, it's optimized, because fuck maps that don't optimize

[Image: a5031e8524.jpg]

(top-left does not accurately represent the map since it hides some things at a distance, and theres also a lot more to the map than shown here, but there's your preview)
hope you enjoy, please tell me if you encounter any issues while testing it and i'll be more than happy to fix them
download: https://hostr.co/GdFlrbjyqlOk
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
(03-07-2017, 08:26 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 01:21 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Put that in your pocket and bring it up during the PAX WEST 2017 MAP PACK. We're not considering any maps until then.
(03-18-2017, 02:38 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 08:26 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Put that in your pocket and bring it up during the PAX WEST 2017 MAP PACK. We're not considering any maps until then.

how about you remove ttt_minecraft?
everyone who spawns in the nether at the beginning of every round gets drained down to 35 health because that part of the map is super fucking broken, yet people spawn there.
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
yeah and remove minecraft 67th way while you're at it, that map is awful and it never gets voted for because of it, you took a classic ttt map and replaced it with steaming hot garbage

would appreciate more than the stock response of "X event map pack!!!" in this case considering it's a custom map created by a long time member, at least test the thing tbh
(03-18-2017, 03:07 PM)the man what to eat that fruit Wrote: yeah and remove minecraft 67th way while you're at it, that map is awful and it never gets voted for because of it, you took a classic ttt map and replaced it with steaming hot garbage

would appreciate more than the stock response of "X event map pack!!!" in this case considering it's a custom map created by a long time member, at least test the thing tbh

all maps must be minecraft related
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(03-18-2017, 03:13 PM)queef commando Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 03:07 PM)the man what to eat that fruit Wrote: yeah and remove minecraft 67th way while you're at it, that map is awful and it never gets voted for because of it, you took a classic ttt map and replaced it with steaming hot garbage

Minecraft version of space station
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]

I ran a community poll to see if people want to try this out. They said yes. So we're trying this out. Mid-May, I'll run another weeklong poll to see if people want to swap it back out. If they do, then we'll do so. The poll was made public and I did make sure it was present on the "recent activity" sidebar throughout the week. Hopefully this will encourage people to be more engaged going forward.

(03-18-2017, 03:07 PM)the man what to eat that fruit Wrote: would appreciate more than the stock response of "X event map pack!!!" in this case considering it's a custom map created by a long time member, at least test the thing tbh

I'll quote a different thread to address this point.

(03-03-2017, 11:23 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 11:08 AM)⌠ƒ€ѦГ⌡ Fozzy Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 05:51 AM)✄ - - - Warpizzle - - - Wrote: Why do we have to wait so long to implement suggestions though smh
Cause it takes time to check even if people want the map if people  want it I think Rippe goes in and sees if its good, if its good  Mini and I go in for about an hour maybe more depending on the size and try to break it.  If it breaks it gets rejected if not it gets added.
Everything takes time and because adding everything at once would be aids.

There are a few other people who investigate the quality of the map, including but not limited to DaKody, at least one other Admin, and a Mod or two. We also can reject maps that are functional for a myriad of reasons, including delaying some maps for the next map pack.

A lot of people complained that I don't "listen to the community's suggestions" and "only add things that I like." In order to counter these arguments (besides my flatout denial), I run polls and solicit feedback. For maps, I make sure a fair number of people go in and try the maps before we add them. This is the primary reason shit takes forever to add or be implemented (besides Dink being dead half the time). If y'all wanted shit to be added immediately, I'd need to be given the iron first I've been accused of having in the first place.
(03-18-2017, 03:13 PM)queef commando Wrote:

Minecraft Trappy cottage
Nice custom texture from the game that is only good for hentia. Also nice map.
(03-18-2017, 03:15 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: I ran a community poll to see if people want to try this out. They said yes. So we're trying this out. Mid-May, I'll run another weeklong poll to see if people want to swap it back out. If they do, then we'll do so. The poll was made public and I did make sure it was present on the "recent activity" sidebar throughout the week. Hopefully this will encourage people to be more engaged going forward.

to be fair the poll won by 1 vote, i think you should have had some kind of majority thing going on to ensure that a classic ttt map wasn't replaced by garbage due to the opinion of one lowly sped, it's a little weird that a single vote decided something so big
i also think replacing 67th way for a period of two months wasn't the best choice ever, surely having it on there for a week or two at most would have shown how bad it is and the decline of how often people play it?

not bombing you personally or anything because you probably do a lot of work behind the scenes to get these maps to work and i appreciate new maps being added, however infrequent, but your justification for adding minecraft 67th way is pretty flimsy honestly