Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan's 2nd application.
Ingame name: Evan

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60449818

Time Played: 24 days 23 hours. 

First join date: I think in around August 2019. 

Availability: EST, I'm typically available from 3 to 10 on my normal schedule.  

Rank Desired: Trusted.

Current rank: Regular.  

What I can do for Dinkleberg's TTT: Provide unbiased moderation of the server, punishing those who break the rules as appropriate without my friendship or dislike of them getting in the way.  

Why do I want to help: A big part of recent drama has revolved around staff not punishing people due to bias and being in general "too chill" essentially.  While I like at least most of Dink's TTT , I'd like to help to enforce the rules regardless of how I think of any individual player.  I want to help bring more impartiality to the moderation of Dink's and help deal with the trolls and teaming groups of friends and mass rdmers that are a fairly common occurrence   Considering how much joy this server has given me, I want to try my best to keep this community alive, and I feel like applying for staff is the only way I can really do that.

I do not believe I have been previously banned, if so someone please alert me. 

Have I applied before: Yes, https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication

How did I find Dink's: I was browsing for a new TTT server about a year after my old one died on me, and I found and fell in love with Dink's after joining it from the server browser. 

Previous Experience:  I have moderated on a former server before it went down, I know the expectations of staff behavior and the ulx menu shouldn't be too different, if is I can learn quickly. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Yes, I know I should and I plan to interact more with the forums and the discord.  I know how to ping on call staff on discord when needed and I know how to file ban requests on the forums.  I hope to interact with both the forums and discord more and be a genuine and hopefully pleasant presence.
[Image: a825684e6e.png]

you should have at least waited a bit to get your activity back up man
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=RXZhbg%3D%3D&hos...3561633361]

I'm going to -1 for two reasons.

1) your activity. I appreciate you wanting to be part of the team and to help the server out, but you need an entire month of consistent play time to be eligible for an application. If you get this month down then I would think that you would be reliable in terms of activity.

2) There was an incident today whenever I had slain you and you misunderstood the report and blew up on me in my pms. I find that kind of alarming because we want our staff team to consistent of levelheaded people who can serve as a guide for those who are seeking staff. Being clearheaded, kind, and open minded are three of the top things I look for when seeing who is fit for staff.

But don't get discouraged, if you can improve on just those things, which is an easy fix, I would be more than happy to +1 you in the future. I wish you luck though and I hope you will take my criticism well. Have a good day, Evan
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for my behavior earlier today dong. I had misunderstood what was going on and got frustrated for bad reasons. I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to prevent another incident like it from occurring.

As for my playtime, Ill admit I wasn't on much during the mid and late of Jaunary and Feb, I had started another semester of college and had started playing some old games. While it isn't the best look, I've been informed on what has occurred in my absence and have done my best to get back into the loop, both regarding the server itself and the community. I did not know being away for one month would be enough to throw an application into doubt, sorry about that.
(02-08-2020, 05:25 PM)Evan Wrote: Firstly, I'd like to apologize for my behavior earlier today dong.  I had misunderstood what was going on and got frustrated for bad reasons.  I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to prevent another incident like it from occurring.  

As for my playtime, Ill admit I wasn't on much during the mid and late of Jaunary and Feb, I had started another semester of college and had started playing some old games.  While it isn't the best look, I've been informed on what has occurred in my absence and have done my best to get back into the loop, both regarding the server itself and the community.  I did not know being away for one month would be enough to throw an application into doubt, sorry about that.

It’s more that the month history that you’re applying with is non existent. If you came back in March but had time nobody would care you missed February. It’s that in the last 30 days you’ve been on 3. -1 on time, and watch for blowups too bc semester doesn’t get less stressful.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(02-08-2020, 06:10 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 05:25 PM)Evan Wrote: Firstly, I'd like to apologize for my behavior earlier today dong.  I had misunderstood what was going on and got frustrated for bad reasons.  I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to prevent another incident like it from occurring.  

As for my playtime, Ill admit I wasn't on much during the mid and late of Jaunary and Feb, I had started another semester of college and had started playing some old games.  While it isn't the best look, I've been informed on what has occurred in my absence and have done my best to get back into the loop, both regarding the server itself and the community.  I did not know being away for one month would be enough to throw an application into doubt, sorry about that.

It’s more that the month history that you’re applying with is non existent. If you came back in March but had time nobody would care you missed February. It’s that in the last 30 days you’ve been on 3. -1 on time, and watch for blowups too bc semester doesn’t get less stressful.

Yeah I gethca Matt, didn't know the month history was as important as general playtime/past record. I can always reapply later when I have a better record if its needed.
+1 let him in,sure he hasn’t been on much but I think you all should give him a chance since other staff Who are already staff is inactive as well. Why not? He should be staff
Not unless you changed your name but my dude...
https://www.gametracker.com/player/Evan/...145:27015/
It seems like you just came back but expect to apply immediately after. I'm a neutral on this but good luck.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
Well, I think it's pretty obvious what you need to work on so I'm gonna try to not point out what's already been said.
I think you could become a great staff member however, you've got a few things you need to work on first. As far as I am aware, you understand the rules and you care about the community. While I do think you can act rashly sometimes, we are all human so I get that. 

All of that being said, I am going to -1 your application. 
I think you need to 
  • Be much more active or at the very least show your involvement in the community, through forums, discord, and the server
  • I think it's a great idea to just keep a positive air about you, especially on the server
  • Don't act like a staff member, just act like a guy on the server who wants... uh, peace, for lack of a better term.
this will be a really easy +1 next month as long as you calm down and get more activity as most people have said but for now -1
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]