Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Coming Soon: AWarn 3
(04-11-2020, 08:43 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:59 PM)Saitama Wrote: Nicol Bolas
To be included in the guidelines and rules I am currently working on. Staff will have ample time to review it before it goes live.

Could it be put in that slayable offenses get warns?

Bad idea. Slayable offenses already get a slay. No reason to ban someone for a day for getting 5 slays in a week. Offenses such as targeting, spamming, etc. should be warnable.
Isn't the slay a warning to stop or punishment will get more severe?
And can one mod see the reports that another meted out?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(04-11-2020, 08:53 PM)Saitama Wrote:
To be included in the guidelines and rules I am currently working on. Staff will have ample time to review it before it goes live.

Bad idea. Slayable offenses already get a slay. No reason to ban someone for a day for getting 5 slays in a week. Offenses such as targeting, spamming, etc. should be warnable.

I mean @ chat exists or just pm a higher up to rehandle your report
(04-11-2020, 08:53 PM)Saitama Wrote:

Getting banned for five slays in a week could be silly though. There are some days you can get slayed multiple times in a day just based on pure accidents like a few rounds of RDMs where it was just people being walking into your bullets and whanot, and it's happened to literally everyone.  As long as they're still being punished, in the form of the slay, there's no reason to ramp up the punishment for basic things like that. In my opinion, of course.

I conveyed this message terribly but I'm tired sue me
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Everyone has said it but ill say it in a different way to send to the same message. Warning for slays is stupid. Especially since not all RDMs are fully intentional and can just be misunderstanding or lack of knowledge when it comes to the rules.
The only way I could see RDM = warn being effective is in those cases where it's so blatantly obviously intentional that it hurts your brain. We have all seen them and know exactly what they are. In all other cases, its overkill
(04-24-2020, 03:43 PM)Ethan Wrote: The only way I could see RDM = warn being effective is in those cases where it's so blatantly obviously intentional that it hurts your brain. We have all seen them and know exactly what they are. In all other cases, its overkill

That is honestly what I was going for.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Will be a great addition. SeriousTTT had the same concept when I was staff there, basically little write up's were saved for each player on the server that staff could edit too keep other staff informed on warnings/bans/kicks each player has recieved. Was very handy on keeping tabs on troll players who continually broke rules and came back again to rinse and repeat.

I feel theres going to be alot of permabans comming to alot of players very soon :)

Edit: and just so everyone knows, I highly doubt this will be used for how many slays you get, this system was really just used to keep tabs on harrassment/troll players who caused internal issues over a period of time, usually banned, but comes back under a different name and people are none the wiser, with this Awarn system, staff will beable to keep tabs on players much easier and hand out just punishments per how many times they have fucked up.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]