Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ceebeast
Ingame Name: .ceebeast

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:33903708

Time Played: 429.28 hrs on server, 1,905 hrs in Garry's Mod

When First Joined: Sometime in mid 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): CST time zone. Done with school, state-wide stay at home order, pretty much whenever I want. Have recently been playing late into the night as well when there is a lack of staff. I'd say that generally ranging from about 12:00PM CST until 4-5AM CST

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: The last time I played TTT as much as this was when I was in highschool... from 2012-2016. I was a highly ranked and respected admin under the alias 'imyourdeepestfear' in the Convict Gaming community. The community has since then been disbanded (I believe in 2018). I have a depth of knowledge about TTT that I see that other Trusted members and even moderators do not have. I rarely "RDM", and when I do it is for a justifiable reason. RDM is in quotes because most of the time there is a very valid reason that I killed someone. I have over 1600 hours in Garry's Mod and the vast majority of those hours are in TTT. I am not a troll and have a lot of patience when dealing with others. I have flaws, but I can recognize when I do things wrong and am not afraid to admit those things. 

I think that throughout my past experience of being an admin of a very large gaming community (stemming from TF2 servers, to Garry's Mod servers, to CS server), and my passion for the game, I can be a positive influence on current members and new players while at the same time enforcing the server rules. There have been multiple instances where I put aside playing the game in order to teach new players on Dinkleberg's! on how to play the game (Pressing F1 and reading the tutorial, answering their questions, giving them tips, had a user named Meeepo add me and directly ask for advice.) I know most of the players on the server, and I'd like to say that they know me and have mostly positive things to say. I try to help staff by using the admin chat by reporting any suspected ghosters or troublemakers. 

When I am on currently, I use my donor powers to gag/mute other players who abuse their communication privileges by mic-spamming or saying derogatory terms like the n word. In addition, when there is no staff online I try to use my donor powers to kick players who cause issues. Just today, a user Xue who is in my recent ban post was kicked by me to stop him from mass rdming. I would rather slay him however many times he RDM'd and give him another opportunity to try again and take further action if required. Players thank me for solving these types of problems 
and I'd like to do more. The past few times I've played I've had to request staff to come online and nobody was available and nobody was present in the discord.

Why you want to help the community: I'd like to help this community as there are many instances of no staff being online (late at night) when cheaters, rdmers, or trolls get on. Since I play late at night as well as during the day, this ruins my experience as well as the experience of everybody else on the server at that time. There are also instances where not many staff members are online when the server is either full or close to being full, and I'd like to help out in that regard. I have enjoyed being part of Dinkleberg's! and will continue to do so regardless of the outcome of this application. I want to help the community that I enjoy spending so much time on. When new users come on and do not know the rules, culture, or strategy of the game, I try to teach them in the chat. When I have multiple items that I do not need in my inventory I ask if anybody would like to have them. This is to help others who desire such items, in turn building a greater sense of community. I would like to spend my time on the server as a player who is able to respond to any time of conflict that occurs. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Nah

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8795

How did you find us?: I was looking for a good TTT server to play on, and after visiting various ones every time I played TTT, I found dinkleberg's and ended up sticking around because I liked the people and the community. 

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yuh
Honestly I liked you at first, I fought with and for you on the forums when there was some drama going down, the way you handled yourself was awesome, I thought you were a respectable, intelligent person that I could definitely back as a staff member.

That was until a few nights ago when you hopped on and completely changed my opinion. Everyone on the server was having great time, and I mean everyone. Until you decided people were "spamming" and begun muting people. No one was complaining or having ANY issues until you arrived. You then begun arguing with people about petty things (your age, your years played lol) and honestly you completely killed the good vibes people were having by overly enforcing the rules.

I suppose you believe you were enforcing the rules at a time where no staff were on, but the job of a GOOD staff member is someone who can find the fineline between having fun and enforcing rules. A good staff member ensures everyone is doing OK and that no one is going to overboard.

Maybe you were just having a bad night, idk. But you displayed a complete nazi like approach to being a staff member. Which is toxic and will scare new and old players alike away.

-1 from me. Sorry man.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(05-10-2020, 09:39 AM)SNAK Wrote: I suppose you believe you were enforcing the rules at a time where no staff were on, but the job of a GOOD staff member is someone who can find the fineline between having fun and enforcing rules. A good staff member ensures everyone is doing OK and that no one is going to overboard.

I do not believe it was incorrect of him to enforce the policy?... I mean if it was abuse of commands then it could be an issue but I mean using commands to stop the community from going crazy is not wrong by any means. Literally it's the staffs job to enforce the policy at all times.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(05-10-2020, 09:48 AM)Eternal Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 09:39 AM)SNAK Wrote: I suppose you believe you were enforcing the rules at a time where no staff were on, but the job of a GOOD staff member is someone who can find the fineline between having fun and enforcing rules. A good staff member ensures everyone is doing OK and that no one is going to overboard.

I do not believe it was incorrect of him to enforce the policy?... I mean if it was abuse of commands then it could be an issue but I mean using commands to stop the community from going crazy is not wrong by any means. Literally it's the staffs job to enforce the policy at all times.

yes and no. by no means am I saying he was abusing anything, what I'm saying is a complete overstepping of your role. I was there at the time aswell and I was keeping the peace. Every single person was having a great time and I could see that, there was no need for someone  to come on and start muting people and literally starting arguements and feuds the SECOND he arrives. By no means was anyone just blatently mic spamming, people were just being reckless and loud, it was late and night and everyone was having a blast. It is not a donor's job too be acting like a staff member unless it is actually required. If people had been actually mic spamming or causing issues I would have handled it, I was a high positioned staff member on many servers and I would have known when to step in and start using powers. In this case, it  was not needed and only caused issues.
Not to butt in as I'm a PH community member, but it absolutely is necessary for staff to be able to discern between players having fun and going out of control. It's almost more important for a staff member to handle a situation JUST like this without coming off as nazi. Now I know that's near impossible in to do in everyone's eyes but it has to be done.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about? I'm trying to look through the discord ttt_game_relay channel to recall what you're talking about. I don't think I've ever displayed a 'complete nazi like approach' to anything... The last few times you were on were on 5/7, 5/6, 5/5 (according to discord chat relays) and that's as you said, 'a few nights ago.' I've spent like 30 minutes looking through the discord logs because I'm genuinely confused as to what you're referring to so from my research:

5/5 I recall because you asked me how I was and mentioned that you haven't seen me in a while, I replied with "chilling snak, got back into trading equities and options so ive been making $$$ other than that, got bored of this game, been doing cool adult stuff :^)" I don't remember anything happening that night... I don't think I stayed on for too long
5/6 I logged on and saw the change where you can see detectives and traitor buddies through walls. The first round I said "wtf
why can i see detectives through the wall" followed by "i hate it i can just sit here and watch for a detective to die." I got traitor a round or two later and I started getting FPS drops because of the plugin. I finished my T round and left since I was getting bad FPS drop and I refused to play like that. I didn't come back until...
5/7 where I started playing "ceebeast is proven IM PROVEN I KILLED SAL im proven i killed sal" and played for a while. Not sure how long, don't see anything in the chat that was controversial or that showed any signs of conflict. Cactus seems to have been almost this entire time, I'm sure he can vouch.
5/8 (Don't think you were on but this may be the closest thing to what you're thinking of maybe)

Juliano Ronald: lil n*gger unmute me so i dont have to murder ur dog 
(((I censored the word that he said)))
I gagged him
.ceebeast: chill out lil boi stop being an angry teenager
Cactus came back, GCubed, Cardio, Demik, Eternal, J@Ck were all online
Cactus: checked logs i can see the mass and constant rdm
The only time that I mute people is when they drop the N word, purposefully mic spam by playing music or playing things that make people deaf. The one exclusion to this in the past few days was when ExperienceOrb was being harassed and I told the guy to stop (especially since ExperienceOrb is very young) and he continued harassing him so I muted him temporarily.

I don't think that anybody has ever heard me brag about my age or how many years I played this game... the closest thing I've ever said to that was that I am in college - I prefer people not know how old I am or where I'm for, I like to maintain anonymity online. If I did what you said, I'd like for you to tell me how old I am and how long I've been playing this game. I didn't argue with anybody about anything? I'm a very calm individual when I play, I don't think anybody can point out a time that I raged or got really upset with somebody. I've been looking through these chat logs and I'm so lost with what you said.

"No one was complaining or having ANY issues until you arrived. You then begun arguing with people about petty things (your age, your years played lol) and honestly you completely killed the good vibes people were having by overly enforcing the rules." Who was online? Whose fun did I ruin, who did I argue with, what vibes did I kill? This doesn't sound like me, man, and I'm pretty sure I don't have memory loss. You need to elaborate on everything you said. This is pretty blasphemous.

If you ever have a problem with me or how I behave on the server, I'd expect you to call me out on it. If you see anybody, including me, abusing powers or muting/gagging people when they shouldn't be you should take screenshots and put in a report. I appreciate you saying that you thought highly of me before 'that night' but I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know if you're just saying this as a joke or if you're bullshitting but... yeah...

EDIT:
Quote:yes and no. by no means am I saying he was abusing anything, what I'm saying is a complete overstepping of your role. I was there at the time aswell and I was keeping the peace. Every single person was having a great time and I could see that, there was no need for someone  to come on and start muting people and literally starting arguements and feuds the SECOND he arrives. By no means was anyone just blatently mic spamming, people were just being reckless and loud, it was late and night and everyone was having a blast. It is not a donor's job too be acting like a staff member unless it is actually required. If people had been actually mic spamming or causing issues I would have handled it, I was a high positioned staff member on many servers and I would have known when to step in and start using powers. In this case, it  was not needed and only caused issues.
Once again, who did I cause issues with? So either "Everyone on the server was having great time, and I mean everyone. [..] No one was complaining or having ANY issues until you arrived. [...] and honestly you completely killed the good vibes people were having by overly enforcing the rules," or you were "keeping the peace" because things were going on. Which is it?

I don't think I act like a staff member, I use the !kick command when someone is mass RDMing (like my most recent post about a mass RDMer where I provided proof, Brown logged in and banned him.) My other most recent post was about ghosters on the server. I was the only person who was not a guest and there was like 2 'member' players. I could have easily abused my powers and act like a staff member at that point in time.  I did not kick the ghosters, didn't antagonize them, I made a post and provided evidence while waiting patiently. I tried getting someone on Discord but nobody was on. I messaged the @Admin chat and I messaged staff individually through steam. Didn't act as a staff member. I only use !kick or !mute when it absolutely entails it, when someone mic spams aggressively or says that specific word mentioned earlier. I'm sure that staff can pull up how often I utilize these commands and see that I did not do that in the period you said and that I've used the commands a small handful of times compared to how much I play.

I'm sorry, man, but you're just saying some absolute bullshit. I don't know if I pissed you off in some other way but that's no reason to come at me and say that I acted like a 'nazi' in any situation when I absolutely did not.
Maybe you don't or did not realize how you were speaking too some of the regulars/donors on the server. most of what I'm referring too is stuff you were saying on the mic. You literally told a regular who plays here a lot to "go fuck themselves" because you have beef with them. I believe it was @aeth0r but there were a handful people you were being spiteful towards so I may be incorrect on the exact person. The individual told you too go fuck yourself first I think, but I believe it was warrented with the shitty attitude you were bringing on the server for no reason.

I have no reason to make shit up, as you can tell from that chat logs you posted, I was trying to have a civil conversation with you too keep you calm and too stop everyone else from getting salty.

I'm not saying you were abusing, but you you took a situation where everyone was enjoying themselves too the point in a matter of minutes where people are telling you to fuck off and you getting into it with them verbally. I think I left soon after everyone started getting upset because you pretty much killed any good vibes for the night.

Friendly, Positive attitude I believe is a necessity too make a good staff member. People should be excited and happy to have a staff member come on the server. This is gaming community, people are here to have fun. yes, there is a line between fun and being annoying/abusive/troll. From what I witnessed that night you seriously cannot see that fine line though.
(05-10-2020, 11:28 AM)SNAK Wrote: Maybe you don't or did not realize how you were speaking too some of the regulars/donors on the server. most of what I'm referring too is stuff you were saying on the mic. You literally told  a regular who plays here a lot to "go fuck themselves" because you have beef with them. I believe it was @aeth0r but there were a handful people you were being spiteful towards so I may be incorrect on the exact person. The individual told you too go fuck yourself first I think, but I believe it was warrented with the shitty attitude you were bringing on the server for no reason.

I have  no reason to make shit up, as you can tell from that chat logs you posted, I was trying to have a civil conversation with you too keep you calm and too stop everyone else from getting salty.

I'm not saying you were abusing, but you you took a situation where everyone was enjoying themselves too the point in a matter of minutes where people are telling you to fuck off and you getting into it with them verbally. I think I left soon after everyone started getting upset because you pretty much killed any good vibes for the night.

Friendly, Positive attitude I believe is a necessity too make a good staff member. People should be excited and happy to have a staff member come on the server. This is gaming community, people are here to have fun. yes, there is a line between fun and being annoying/abusive/troll. From what I witnessed that night you seriously cannot see that fine line though.

I do not use my mic much, I prefer to type. Went back in the logs and dug deeper. I am 99% sure you're referring to this. I recall aethor playing music through his mic for a long time and I told him to stop. Another player asked him to stop. I remember this being super annoying, people were trying to play the game. If aethor wasn't a donor, I would have gagged him but I did not want to start conflict. Shortly after this happened in the chat he was muted by @"Lycan" (? I think). I did not suggest or make any intention to gag anyone. Is this what you're referring to as a "complete nazi approach?" Absurd. Your tone completely changed between your initial reply to your second reply after I posted some slight evidence. I think you were enjoying aethor spamming his mic and you think that I had an influence on his mute by staff that was online causing you to sabotage this staff application by making me seem completely out of character.

My questions, I would GREATLY appreciate if you answered them specifically:
1. Who was telling me to fuck off? "No one was complaining or having ANY issues until you arrived." I don't recall anybody doing that.
2. How old am I and how long have I been playing if I was "arguing with people about petty things (your age, your years played lol)" Don't recall ever doing that.
3. Who did I mute and were the people that I "decided people were "spamming" and begun muting people." "to come on and start muting people and literally starting arguements and feuds the SECOND he arrives" Don't recall ever muting people or deciding that they were spamming
4. How was I displaying "a complete nazi like approach to being a staff member" I don't ever recall having an approach like this

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but please don't make absolutely false claims like this without merit and affect my reputation. Thanks.
a reminder not to take this off-course as this is still a staff app, not a discussion thread.
now to settle some issues i've heard here:
-yes, when there are staff on, donors shouldn't overstep into staff affairs. if staff arent on/cant get on, donors should be making sure the game is atleast playable.
-just because "no one was complaining" doesn't mean they still get a free pass to continue, micspam/mic issues should be dealt with if it starts to affect the game, theres no need to clog up the voice channel in the middle of the round.

now in my own opinion, its definitely difficult to not come off as a "nazi", if we're judging people by that standard, the people in the server would have a cause to always label me as that.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(05-10-2020, 11:53 AM).ceebeast Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 11:28 AM)SNAK Wrote: Maybe you don't or did not realize how you were speaking too some of the regulars/donors on the server. most of what I'm referring too is stuff you were saying on the mic. You literally told  a regular who plays here a lot to "go fuck themselves" because you have beef with them. I believe it was @aeth0r but there were a handful people you were being spiteful towards so I may be incorrect on the exact person. The individual told you too go fuck yourself first I think, but I believe it was warrented with the shitty attitude you were bringing on the server for no reason.

I have  no reason to make shit up, as you can tell from that chat logs you posted, I was trying to have a civil conversation with you too keep you calm and too stop everyone else from getting salty.

I do not use my mic much, I prefer to type. Went back in the logs and dug deeper. Are you referring to this? I recall aethor playing music through his mic for a long time and I told him to stop? Another player asked him to stop. I remember this being super annoying, people were trying to play the game. If aethor wasn't a donor, I would have gagged him but I did not want to start conflict. Shortly after this happened in the chat he was muted by @"Lycan" (? I think). I did not suggest or make any intention to gag anyone. Is this what you're referring to as a "complete nazi approach?" Absurd. Your tone completely changed between your initial reply to your second reply after I posted some slight evidence. I think you were enjoying aethor spamming his mic and you think that I had an influence on his mute by staff that was online causing you to sabotage this staff application by making me seem completely out of character.

My questions:
1. Who was telling me to fuck off?
2. How old am I and how long have I been playing if I was "arguing with people about petty things (your age, your years played lol)"

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but please don't make claims like this without merit and affect my reputation. Thanks.

I know you don't use your mic much, infact I think this was the first time I've ever heard you speak on the mic. I believe it started when Aethor played a snippet of something on the mic. Yes you are correct, playing music on the mic is againist the rules. How you handled it though seemed like a more personal attack on him then actually enforcing rules. It basically started to spiral out of control after that, you got into a handful of verbal arguements with regulars and randoms who were on at the time aswell. You turned the entire thing into a sour salty mess.

I'm not trying to hurt your reputaton, I'm giving you a personal account on my view on how you handled things that night from what I witnessed. I'm sure there will be people who say you are just  enforcing rules. That's why this is not abuse report. I think you have very attacky attitude.

As for your questions, 1: I'm 90% sure it was Aethor but this was a few days or even a week ago so don't hold me accountable.

2: Honestly I don't remember exactly how old you said  you were or your experience, as I said it was petty and I eaisily forget petty things when they are used to justify actions.

This is a staff application. I'm giving you my honest opinion about you. Don't try to  flip this on me saying my tone has changed. I'm being firm and collected and standing up and speaking out.

Don't get me wrong, your a pretty smart person based off what I can tell with how you conduct yourself. But the way you communicate and conduct yourself with people is subpar at best.