targeting ban
Ingame Name: sean toliver

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:52948479

Who Banned You: Noire

Reason For Ban: targeting

Length of Ban: 3 days

Reason for Admins to Unban: While I was playing earlier, I killed MilkManfromMars with the knife. After killing him, and dying myself, he instantly began yelling at me for using the knife, and saying it takes no skill. While I agree with this, sometimes I like to use the knife because it's an easy kill, so why not. I told him it's a part of the game, but he insisted on continuing to call me bad for using it, and would not let me just go about it in peace. Regretfully, I got a little annoyed by him coming at me for using a weapon that plenty of other people use. I said in the chat "MilkMan doesn't like when people knife him, so if you're a T knife milkman". At the time of saying this, I myself was a traitor again so I was planning on doing it myself, so naturally I stabbed him because he came at me for using the knife, and it just felt right. I did not think that he would get knifed four times in a row, but after watching his video clip, most of the incidents happened in the back stairwell where people are more likely to use a knife anyways because there is never anyone around. A lot of this seems like coincidence to me, but if 2 out of the 4 knives came from me, and at least one of them looked like it came from being in the wrong stairwell at the wrong time, I don't really see how it was targeting. In his video, you hear me say "oh you don't get pissed when he does it" because he was knifed the round after I originally did it and yelled at me for no reason. So when someone else did it and he said nothing, it didn't make sense to me that he didn't come at their life next. Overall I think he was just upset that he got knifed four rounds in a row, 2 of which by me which definitely didn't make him any happier. All in all I didn't mean to target him, I just wanted to piss him off by knifing him personally after giving me shit about using it. Apparently it spiraled a little more out of control than I intended, because I only told people to knife him as a T when I was a T. 

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Never

Other:
Bean request: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11531

Consider me an outsider, but I don't really get how the same person killing you in a game where they are the person that's supposed to be killing you is targeting. Dying is annoying, when isn't it?

In this case I'm guessing the problem lies with you trying to piss off Milkman intentionally. Not cool, don't do that.

I'm neutral, saying killing someone over and over is targeting in a game where you kill people is dumb, but pissing people off on purpose is also dumb. It's a 3 day ban, if it were me I'd just sit on it, but I feel like it could be shorter.
+1 for unban, wasen't targeting at all. People getting banned for using a t weapon is pretty mind boggling. They call it "targeting" cause your an easy target. Really no logic behind this rule and is really just called out by kids who bhop 90% of the time to avoid getting killed and are salty when they're exploits are stopped by a t weapon.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
"I just wanted to piss him off by knifing him personally after giving me shit about using it." so you admit to trying to piss him off and target him? You went and made things worse by telling everyone on the server to go after him? thats targeting I think its best you just wait out the ban -1 on reduction
(06-06-2020, 08:07 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: "I just wanted to piss him off by knifing him personally after giving me shit about using it." so you admit to trying to piss him off and target him? You went and made things worse by telling everyone on the server to go after him? thats targeting I think its best you just wait out the ban -1 on reduction

I had the exact same sentence copied for the response I was about to type. Sean was fully aware of what he was doing, and that it was intended to make me angry and ruin my game. Like I mentioned in the ban req, i quit after the 4th incident of this (More reasonably I can admit it was more like 3) but when I left the same things were going on, it wasnt going to stop there.

On top of this I would like to say I never even raised my voice at any point in the altercation. I'll admit to using profanity because I dont think it matters, but I never went over a speaking tone when talking about it. Him saying that I yelled at anyone is just a misrepresentation to try and make his case better. If it needs to be said, -1 on reduction.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(06-06-2020, 08:04 PM)SNAK Wrote: +1 for unban, wasen't targeting at all. People getting banned for using a t weapon is pretty mind boggling. They call it "targeting" cause your an easy target. Really no logic behind this rule and is really just called out by kids who bhop 90% of the time to avoid getting killed and are salty when they're exploits are stopped by a t weapon.

Normally I would agree with you but this is quite the textbook case for targetting.
(06-06-2020, 07:56 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Bean request: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11531

Consider me an outsider, but I don't really get how the same person killing you in a game where they are the person that's supposed to be killing you is targeting. Dying is annoying, when isn't it?

In this case I'm guessing the problem lies with you trying to piss off Milkman intentionally. Not cool, don't do that.

I'm neutral, saying killing someone over and over is targeting in a game where you kill people is dumb, but pissing people off on purpose is also dumb. It's a 3 day ban, if it were me I'd just sit on it, but I feel like it could be shorter.

It's not targeting because he killed the same person, it's targeting because he went out of his way to kill me in a way he knew would make me angry ON TOP OF inciting the whole server to follow his lead
-1 you should serve your ban
you literally admitted that you were going after someone in a just to make them pissed off and encouraging others to do the same
Now that it's done uploading I can offer you all the unseen side of the story. The argument after the first knife. This is after dying to the first knife in the ban req video, and ends a little before the round ends, which would bleed into the second knife. Keep in mind a couple quotes from this unban req while watching and listening.
"he instantly began yelling at me" - Who really started yelling?

"I told him it's a part of the game, but he insisted on continuing to call me bad for using it, and would not let me just go about it in peace" - Who really squeezed that last word in there about it?

"I got a little annoyed by him coming at me for using a weapon that plenty of other people use" - Now I can't discredit him for being annoyed since that's what started this, but a little annoyed? Poor choice of words in my opinion

Lastly, and another important quote:
"so naturally I stabbed him because he came at me for using the knife, and it just felt right." - Pretty much a summary of this whole incident. He said he doesnt like knives so i went out of the way to stab him. All you forgot was "and make sure everyone else would, too"

https://streamable.com/l1vqb5

Edit: With an unban request this misleading and even dishonest, I feel like you'd be justified in making his ban a day longer by this point
(06-06-2020, 08:04 PM)SNAK Wrote: +1 for unban, wasen't targeting at all. People getting banned for using a t weapon is pretty mind boggling. They call it "targeting" cause your an easy target. Really no logic behind this rule and is really just called out by kids who bhop 90% of the time to avoid getting killed and are salty when they're exploits are stopped by a t weapon.

Don't know what the connection is between this unban request and bhopping considering neither sean nor MilkMan are known bhoppers on the server, but anyways

Someone going out of their way to ruin another person's experience because they think it's funny or they upset them a little is stupid and a textbook case of targeting as defined in the rules. Nobody was banned for simply using a T weapon, nor will someone ever be banned for simply using a T weapon. Sean clearly targeted MilkMan just to piss him off and ruin his experience. He got caught and was banned. It's pretty simple.