ThunderWalrus for Moderator part 2
Name: Thunderwalrusinnthebar 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:83739310

Time played: 733 hours

Time joined: 2015

Time available: After 3:30 pm west coast time and weekends

Rank desired: Moderator 

Current rank: Test Moderator 

What can I do to help the community: I've been playing here for a long time now and its the only TTT community I play on. I would really like to be able to take direct action on server when it comes to bans and ban requests instead of having to make ban requests or call other staff in to help. Beforehand I would find that I was the only staff member on the server, luckily with the new additions to our staff team that has happened a lot less lately. That being said, while I can handle being the only staff on, it would greatly expand my ability to effectively staff the server if I had access to the commands moderators have. Like I said I only play on this TTT server and I want to help out the community as best as I can, I think becoming a Moderator would be great in that regard.

Why do you want to help the community: This is the only server I play on and I love it here. I want to help this place grow as a community and keep the server going as best as I can. I've been here on and off since 2015 and its always been my favorite server. I don't see that changing in the future at all, so I might as well do my part around here. 

Have you ever been banned: No

Have you previously applied for staff:

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11462

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10686

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10424

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11887

How did you find us: First TTT server I ever joined back in the day, stuck with it for a while and then took a break from TTT. Came back a year ago and picked up where I left off.

Did you fill out the scenarios: Yes for Trusted, T-mod, and Moderator.

Other: Thanks for the responses on my last application guys. I've tried to be more active in the forums and outside of the community since my last application. Playing Jackbox with you guys is a blast and it makes playing TTT with you guys later on a even funnier time. As to what I've been doing different as a T-mod I've tried to be even more on top of things than before. I love this community and try to be as fair as I can while staffing. I hope I've been a good staff member so far and I hope I can learn how to a better one from applications like these. If anybody has any grievances about how I staff I would love to hear them here, no hard feelings about any of it. Like usual any advice is welcome and there will be no saltiness from my end. Thanks for reading this guys :)
Other than that incident the other day I have no problems with you personally. Just maybe keep in mind when certain people are joking or being serious. However that is a small problem I think and I am pretty sure that can corrected very easily so 1+.
-+0 only because im inactive. i have seen thunder change so much in such a little time it really suprises me i hated thunder but now i actually enjoy the time i spend with him so even if hes not ready now which i think he is, he knows how to change for the better. good luck
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
I do think thunder is a lot more level headed than my original comment a month back, I just wasn't watching his progress so much so I didn't have as good of an idea of where he was but now I think he is ready for moderator and here is why.
He almost always tries to handle things himself instead of pinging others but he isn't afraid to ask questions before taking action if needed. This is HUGE for a mod because they have an ability to permaban someone so having a good compass of what is right and wrong is a MUST.
Thunder can get a bit heated sometimes but lately he has mellowed out a bit and come to an understanding that discussing is better than arguing. Also he tends to be very friendly with other staff when they are on which is always nice to be welcomed on server instead of yelled at by players of the server since you are being a staff online.
I have had no issues or incidents which I have heard of which make me doubt his judgement or ability.
Has been a member of the community long enough that I feel they understand the cliques we have and how to speak to each one of them without causing issues.
In all I think thunder is a perfect fit to be our next moderator. My only criticism could be more socialization outside of the staff discord and server but I also rarely interact outside of those two aswell.
+1
Thunder,

You honestly were the one who inspired me to try again and go for staff so of course I am going to support you once again. This is such an easy +1 for me, there's some people who say things like inactivity but in all honesty, I don't really care about that. You're more than capable for the job, you worked on what people said and you take criticism well. 

Good luck on your application :)
+1 Very Kewl guy , a joy to play with and knows his stuff well!
(08-20-2020, 06:40 PM)saltychapdaddy Wrote: Thunder,

You honestly were the one who inspired me to try again and go for staff so of course I am going to support you once again. This is such an easy +1 for me, there's some people who say things like inactivity but in all honesty, I don't really care about that. You're more than capable for the job, you worked on what people said and you take criticism well. 

Good luck on your application :)
Become a t mod young padawan ;)
+1 from me. He's a great mod and always does an excellent job when he's on.
+1 one of the few people that puts up with my shit on a regular basis and handles things without bias (something that is important in a staff member *cough*)

still disappointed your interests don't lie in walrus' empowered with Zeus' lightning with crippling alcoholism, permanently trapped forever in a bar

also we need more moderators who are actually on, and at good times: thunder is on late at night sometimes with me, n squid seems to have stopped coming on late at night, so it'd be nice to have someone with actual abilities on when i need them
No dont take yourself too seriously

[Image: F3fpSyJ.gif]
+1, you're competent and capable and I haven't seen anyone have any major issues with you (and I certainly haven't).