Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Defib?
Occasionally when I am a T (and alive and well), I will get a psay from a dead fellow T asking for a defib, sometimes with a location of their body. How is this not considered ghosting, as it interferes with the outcome of the round? And is it allowed?
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(04-04-2017, 08:49 PM)ReThink Wrote: Occasionally when I am a T (and alive and well), I will get a psay from a dead fellow T asking for a defib, sometimes with a location of their body. How is this not considered ghosting, as it interferes with the outcome of the round? And is it allowed?

It's not considered ghosting, as long as you don't tell that there's innocents around. It's an exception to the rules. So it's ok to ask for a defib. It's just how the rules were written.
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
Asking for a defib with location of their body is completley ok. It is the one exception to that rule. As long as no extra info that could be used with the location it is fine
Also as long as the Defib doesn't bug out on ya and makes you unable to even attempt deffibing any of your T buddies.
As what Tons & Bman already said, The Defibrillator is an exception to the "Ghosting Rule" as long as no other information is added that could affect the outcome of a round.

Example: "Defib me, I'm in the vents. Also watch out, there's a Detective around the corner"

This would not be ok and would be considered Ghosting. However, if you just state a location of where you body is, this would be fine. It's one of those "unspoken rules" that isn't mentioned in the MOTD for some odd reason. I'll get one of the Admins to add it ASAP.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(04-06-2017, 07:06 AM)Christian Wrote: As what Tons & Bman already said, The Defibrillator is an exception to the "Ghosting Rule" as long as no other information is added that could affect the outcome of a round.

Example: "Defib me, I'm in the vents. Also watch out, there's a Detective around the corner"

This would not be ok and would be considered Ghosting. However, if you just state a location of where you body is, this would be fine. It's one of those "unspoken rules" that isn't mentioned in the MOTD for some odd reason. I'll get one of the Admins to add it ASAP.
Thanks, was just wondering. There seem to be so many little unwritten exceptions to different rules, I figured I'd just ask.

EDIT: Thanks for adding it to the rules. I also have an idea about that, why not just make a master PDF of ALL the rules and exceptions? I could help with that, if you want.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]