Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Moderator app :)
In game Name: [Pink] Pixie Soldier (previously, Pixie Soldier, lilpixie88)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68058106

Time Played: 748hrs (4wks 3 days) approx.  (FIX MY TIME FISH!!(please)  :D )

When First Joined: 1st Jan 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): During the week I'm usually around from 6pm BST, at weekends I jump on at different times but I try to get on to help out when I can and answer on-call pings when they come in.

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: T-Mod

What can you do to help the community?:  I’ve been a member of staff on Dinkleberg’s since October and over that time I feel that I have learnt a lot. I like to try and keep a balance of fun but obviously deal with rule breaking when it does need action. I try to be welcoming and helpful to new players who may need some direction. Although the server can become hectic at times, I always try to keep a level head and deal with things calmly. Having had some time as T-Mod I've now got used to being able to use more commands and have got my head around applying bans where appropriate. I feel I am now ready to move up and have more responsibility within the server. I feel like I can help out and give more to the team as a moderator. I realise that this is a big step up and I am prepared to learn more and take on more to do. 

Why do you want to help the community?: This community has been part of my life for quite a while now and I care a lot about the people here and the server itself. I want to try to be around to help improve things and give it more stability. I think that Dinkleberg’s PH has a lot of potential to be even better and I want to help with that. I also really enjoy testing out new maps and looking for improvements for the server. 

Have you previously been banned? : Just a joke ban from Star Ban
Have you previously applied for staff? :  Trusted, T-Mod

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes

How did you find us?: Played many many years ago and when I came back my old server was gone, spotted Dinks on the list, just tried it out and I’ve been here ever since.

Other: I did have less activity for a while during lockdown, unlike some people my work load got busier and more difficult as I work in healthcare, I was also finishing a Master Module which took up a lot of time. Now with lockdown easing and my course finished I’ve been able to be around a lot more over the last month and will be for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for taking the time to read my app, see you on the prop field  :D

Pix  Heart
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Hey Pixie Now i don't play Ph much anymore So im just going to give you my opinion on her She Active she keeps a cool head during the trolling/ghosters, Answers to on call staff ping.
She knows the Right protocol,

Also a really friendly person who is ready for the Moderator position

Like i said im not giving a vote just giving my opinion on what I have seen.

Good Luck!<3
[Image: AthleticYoungLamb-max-1mb.gif]
I play prop hunt sometimes and I noticed the other day that you do indeed keep a level head. You seem to be very friendly too. All in all you seem to be a good staff member and I imagine you would most likely do great as mod.
From what I've seen on discord,

You're someone who is consistent, level-headed, and a highly respected individual in the community.

I'll give you a +1! Best luck of your app!
Hey Pix,

This may come as bit of a surprise regarding what others have said, but I have a few concerns I'd really like to address.
While you are very active in the server and do pose as a friendly face, I can find you to be very argumentative and dissmisive towards
staff and members of the community. You do keep a level-headed approach on the server, but when it comes to something you don't like
you become very stern and unapproachable. As one of the newer members of staff, I find this concerning because Moderators should be a
very welcoming, level-headed (in ALL areas) easily approachable person. I've noticed not only with myself, but others included, you tend
to put words into peoples mouths and twist areas of a discussion to apease your point. What worries me is when it comes time to make a
choice on a ban, are you going to approach this with the level-headed attitude others see, or are you going to approach it with your
choice on the matter without seeing both sides of the argument?

With my concerns being placed out into the open, I would like it to be clear that I do think you'd be a great Moderator for the server,
I see no reason as to why you shouldn't be a Moderator. But in the end of it all, I do feel I am going to stay neutral on this application.

Good luck, Pixie!

EDIT: Pixie! I finally got the chance to have a chat/staff with you and talk about my concerns, and I am happy we both were able to clear the air and get down to it. That being said, since its 2am and I am sleepy I will make this short and quick! I am feeling confident enough to hold an opinion on you, and with that I give you a +1 from my neutral stance. Best of luck!
Go away
(09-03-2020, 03:21 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Hey Pix,

This may come as bit of a surprise regarding what others have said, but I have a few concerns I'd really like to address.
While you are very active in the server and do pose as a friendly face, I can find you to be very argumentative and dissmisive towards
staff and members of the community. You do keep a level-headed approach on the server, but when it comes to something you don't like
you become very stern and unapproachable. As one of the newer members of staff, I find this concerning because Moderators should be a
very welcoming, level-headed (in ALL areas) easily approachable person. I've noticed not only with myself, but others included, you tend
to put words into peoples mouths and twist areas of a discussion to apease your point. What worries me is when it comes time to make a
choice on a ban, are you going to approach this with the level-headed attitude others see, or are you going to approach it with your
choice on the matter without seeing both sides of the argument?

With my concerns being placed out into the open, I would like it to be clear that I do think you'd be a great Moderator for the server,
I see no reason as to why you shouldn't be a Moderator. But in the end of it all, I do feel I am going to stay neutral on this application.

Good luck, Pixie!
I do agree with this comment. It's a similar situation the ttt team experienced with a member from their side, this specific member has gotten a lot better with it over time and after it had been brought up to this person.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Has plenty of server time, cares about the community, knows the rules, deals with people causing issues on the server in a timely manner and reasonably, is also open to criticism and opposing points of view. +1 from me
I'm going to disagree with what Pauling said and here is why. There are certain people who I will not name that have replied to statements/questions/comments in a very dismissive/passive-aggressive tone to Pixie or other staff so to say that she is the problem is wrong and I do feel like people are being blind to that cause I know a few staff members know exactly what I'm talking about yet others who say nothing. There are two sides to every thing that happens and I've never seen Pixie as an aggressor to a situation like this. I'm sure some will say I'm being biased but I'm calling it like I see it. And this is not to start an argument on the forums. As for her server capabilities she is more than ready from my past experiences with her.  

Due to the fact I haven't been on server with her a lot and my statement from above I'm going to stay neutral. But this is my honest opinion.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

I have found Pixie to be reasonable while on server when dealing with less than Ideal humans.

In the beginning of her staffing (Trusted) things were a little rough, however, she has asked on multiple occasion how to improve and does very well with criticism. Being able to take criticism and grow from it is a HUGE benefit to not only ones own growth but also to show an individuals ability to listen as well as apply what they've been told. 

I know that the decision to apply for Moderator was not a spur of the moment, I can remember many occasions of teasing pixie about being Moderator one day and she had no desire at the time to advance past Tmod.  As you can see that obviously has changed and her desire is to help in the community more has increased. 

Personally I think the advancement to Moderator will be a good fit for Pixie, and I think the Mod Squad will enjoy having another person involved in the heavier lifting. 

To Make long story short, she meets the requirements for Moderator and I believe she's qualified for the position. 

As for advice, no matter what rank we hold or how long we've been a part of the community; we can always learn something new from those around us. 

Best of Luck Pixie
I obviously don't play, but Pixie has always stuck out when I see their name on the forums or the Discord. I think you'll do great and you've come a long way, +1
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide