Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy4DiscordStaff2020 - moving up the corporate ladder
Discord Name: CopyrightClaim

Discord ID: #0025

When First Joined(Estimate): Late July

What is your age: 16+
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper, for now

What can you do to help the Discord community: I can offer my time to help resolve any issues or conflicts among users in the discord. I usually check the chat in my free time, so I could likely hop on soon after a call is cast out 

Why you want to help the Discord community: Well I generally want to help people here, they all seem pretty chill and fun. I also hope to prove that I’m not just the toxic idiot that some believe me to be. Maybe someday soon I can even apply for TTT staff or the likes of.

Other:  ©️
Verified in the Eyes of The Baja Blast Messiah
[Image: DPHJrwT.png]
Hello CopyrightClaim,
I am going to have to -1 your application due to the following requirement for discord staff:

[Image: 9njmpoF.png]

Good luck with your application.
-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
(09-30-2020, 01:03 AM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: Hello CopyrightClaim,
I am going to have to -1 your application due to the following requirement for discord staff:

-B0T

I think that regardless of that rule you’re pretty biased against me in any case, considering I said 16+ and not 16, meaning it could be anything above 16. Also I hope to reform that rule considering that I not only fit every other requirement, but also challenge that I would more than likely perform the job and coexisting tasks better than most Discord staff.
(09-30-2020, 01:21 AM)CopyrightClaim Wrote:

-B0T

I think that regardless of that rule you’re pretty biased against me in any case, considering I said 16+ and not 16, meaning it could be anything above 16. Also I hope to reform that rule considering that I not only fit every other requirement, but also challenge that I would more than likely perform the job and coexisting tasks better than most Discord staff.

Sooooo are you 18+ or are you not?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(09-30-2020, 01:25 AM)Nicol Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 01:21 AM)CopyrightClaim Wrote:

-B0T

Sooooo are you 18+ or are you not?
Why is there an age requirement to help the discord but not to be on the discord or play any of the corresponding games?
[Image: fik6ya8.png]
You just stated you don't fit that requirement. 
The requirements are set due to the fact that as a discord staff you might be exposed to NSFW posts which are not content to expose someone under the age of 18 to. 

The question is simple and yet you fail to answer it directly but it seems as if you have answered it indirectly with your replies. 

I still stand with my original vote. 

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
(09-30-2020, 01:32 AM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: [Image: fik6ya8.png]
You just stated you don't fit that requirement. 
The requirements are set due to the fact that as a discord staff you might be exposed to NSFW posts which are not content to expose someone under the age of 18 to. 

The question is simple and yet you fail to answer it directly but it seems as if you have answered it with your replies. 

I still stand with my original vote. 

-B0T
Like I said, biased. You made up your mind before you even asked the question, merely asking it to try and rise conflict in my application. Consider I may be under 18, and I do get exposed to NSFW content. Well not only are you belittling the people on your own server, but the possibility of me getting “exposed” exists regardless of being in an staff role. If the server is getting NSFW content at a high enough rate where it’s a concern for minors, maybe the Discord staff aren’t properly doing their job and maybe need more help
You're right.. anyone could be exposed at any moment, but seeing as you are applying for a rank that enforces our own rules and Discord ToS, you have to be 18+. Reason being that even if non staff members don't see that type of content you 100% would because we get some questionable people and you'd be one of few people handling it.
I will leave this here https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10461

it doesn't matter who you are you need to be 18+ to be discord staff thats just the way it is. The fact you are making this a big deal and being argumentative about this is a good sign you would have issues being a discord mod
(09-30-2020, 01:49 AM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: I will leave this here https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10461

it doesn't matter who you are you need to be 18+ to be discord staff thats just the way it is. The fact you are making this a big deal and being argumentative about this is a good sign you would have issues being a discord mod

Is such an application where staff reply with their points of view, and the applicant then replies with their own, not a place for professional argument? I haven’t been hasty or even insulting to any replies, but have only stated fact and opinion to further support my argument as to why I should qualify to be staff. You cannot condemn argument in a place that freely invites it. 

I think it’s time that the age requirement for staff be lowered, as there no reason for it other than personal bias or belittling of young adults. You cannot claim that people under the age of 18 don’t see nsfw content and you cannot claim that such an idea is illegal.

(09-30-2020, 01:55 AM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 01:50 AM)CopyrightClaim Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 01:40 AM)dong Wrote: You're right.. anyone could be exposed at any moment, but seeing as you are applying for a rank that enforces our own rules and Discord ToS, you have to be 18+. Reason being that even if non staff members don't see that type of content you 100% would because we get some questionable people and you'd be one of few people handling it.
It isn’t illegal for a minor to view obscene content. It’s stated in federal law.
Which is why we delete it when we see it... You aren't getting the point. We can't just stop everyone from posting and look at every post before it shows up. That is not how discord works. If someone posts something obscene, we take care of it. What dong is saying is that we filter the content. We have to review it. Us letting you review things as someone under the age of 18 is against discord TOS. It is that simple. No bias. No reforms. If you want a reform feel free to reach out to the Discord support team.

-B0T

After just reading the Discord ToS, there are no restrictions on whether or not a minor can restrict NSFW content. There are rules which regulate minors accessing NSFW channels. If you are to suggest that there are NSFW channels on your Discord that are unregulated, THAT is against Discord ToS. It restricts that a minor be part of NSFW channels, but does NOT restrict their ability to regulate NSFW content on not NSFW specific servers