Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
#MakeRandlebergGreatAgain2k14
Ingame Name: NotRand (currently Spooky Scary SkeleRand for Halloween)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40546659

Time Played: ~374 hours last time I checked, prolly a lil more than that  because of various names and stuff

When First Joined: Jan 19, 2019 1:00 PM

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Just generally evenings and weekends

Rank Desired: T Mod
Sponsor(s):
Nord VPN
Raid: Shadow Legends

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: Continuing to try helping with general toxicity and nudging the community in directions that will prolong its longevity, hopefully I'll start doing some community events soon, bring back Karaoke night and stuff. I think more community engagement will help with a lot of the trolling, as everyone who I've noticed gets uppity and trolly mellows out after I game with them some, so I think more community events on various games or non-gaming outlets would help a lot.

Why you want to help the community: It's honestly just a great community of people I really enjoy, filled with friends.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Do various name change minute bans count?

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12470

How did you find us?: No idea, whatever I said on the other

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: I really do love this server and aspire to go pretty far in it. I have a lot to learn about command stuff and honestly keep learning more every day, but I think I known enough now to hit this next step.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
+1 takes people's words out of context

But fr this man is like the second best trusted we have rn (next to me). He is good with the rules and stands his ground. Cant really think of a reason to -1 this.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Now we have had some problems, but that has been solved I think and you are a good trusted. I wish you luck in getting tmod and I know you will most likely not let us down. 1+
Rand, I think you've done a great job as trusted. 

Something that somewhat shoots out to me is sometimes, although you might not be aware, you can come across as very passive aggressive with some of the things you say. What concerns me is that there is the possibility that you might unintentionally cause an issue due to this. Everything else you do is fine, but I just think that you need to work on this before I can give a +1.

+0. Best of luck on your app, Rand.
(10-12-2020, 08:05 PM)Salty Wrote: Rand, I think you've done a great job as trusted. 

Something that somewhat shoots out to me is sometimes, although you might not be aware, you can come across as very passive aggressive with some of the things you say. What concerns me is that there is the possibility that you might unintentionally cause an issue due to this. Everything else you do is fine, but I just think that you need to work on this before I can give a +1.

This is something I noticed too but I was afraid to comment that to be honest.
(10-12-2020, 08:05 PM)Salty Wrote: Rand, I think you've done a great job as trusted. 

Thank you for the response, I appreciate the feedback.

I think you have me on server versus me in various discords twisted. On server, I tend to be pretty matter of  fact with reports and dealing with actual issues, I get snarky with people arguing, but that's about it. I can't much recall being passive aggressive a whole lot on server at all, but I know I am that as a person.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Rand, you've come a long way very quickly and honestly I'm so happy we decided to take the chance with you as trusted. You ask questions when you don't know the answers. You ask hypotheticals when they haven't even happened yet. Best for me you show genuine interest in the server and aren't afraid to call out friends when they are dumb. I will easily +1 this. I hope the move upto Tmod will give you better tools to keep the train going.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Rand staffing with you has been a good time. You do your job really well and I see no reason why you shouldn't be promoted +1
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
No complaints about your in-game staffing. You've taken up the trusted mantle well and have proven effective in enforcement of server rules. You are also very fun to play with and are often online in the forsaken "dead server" hours.

However, my concerns are solely about time experience so far. If my math is correct, you've been Trusted for a little over 1 month. While you've been quite active during that month, it's not a lot of time in the entry level position. I personally would like to see more time in the trusted role, as well as more ban requests, before supporting a T-Mod promotion.

Because of his in-game performance I'll give it a +0
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1

So far Rand has been a good trusted. He fairly enforces rules and I've never seen him slack off when it comes to his staffing duties (mostly talking about letting reports pile up and ignoring problems on server). I believe that Rand could be a good tmod, despite the relatively short time that he has served as a trusted. As long as he knows his current commands and doesn't abuse them, I think that he has enough experience to serve as a tmod. Even if he has questions, he seems to communicate regularly with other TTT staff so I'm not too worried about mishandling of situations.

I know Rand is capable of making ban requests so I'm not too worried about that aspect, and he has good discord activity so community engagement ain't something I'm worried about either...

yea, that's about it. Make him a boy in blue x2.