Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Suggestions?
Hey, I didn't want to revive the old thread about map suggestions, but I had a smaller questions in relating to it. 

I've actually been in the process of making my own map, mostly for fun purposes, but I thought it'd be nice for it to actually get some use somewhere. Problem is I've decided to use mostly custom textures, and, eventually, some props as well. I would like the map to be playable on the server, or at least considered, so I just wanted to know if the custom assets are a huge deal or if it's better to stick to more no-download-needed content. If so, once I'm finished I could probably easily make two versions; one with all the custom stuff, and the other with all regular textures and only a few custom props. 

Let me know?

Thanks all!
@B0T.ikillyou is the map guy right now, you should have a chat with him! But also we do have to get the maps approved by staff and Dink himself so once its done, contact B0T and we will show it to the team :)
Go away
(10-30-2020, 11:51 AM)MissPauling Wrote: @B0T.ikillyou is the map guy right now, you should have a chat with him! But also we do have to get the maps approved by staff and Dink himself so once its done, contact B0T and we will show it to the team :)
Awesome, thank you!
Items of note to possibly help as well which you probably know but I will make sure to touch on.

1.) Make sure it has enough spawns for the server or the server you plan to put in on (40 for Dinks)

2.) Might as well not have props that are deemed illegal on many maps around like the muffler or the phone or by not making them props to become if you know how to do that.

3.) Another thing to possibly do is have some illegal spots already eliminated. The Illegal Spots page could be something to help with that.

4.) Custom props and textures could be an issue or could not (dimmsdale is all custom textures and mostly custom props but works fine). That would be somethin to talk to b0t or Lt. Star about as they both have experience with maps.

It would be cool to have another map made by a community member as we would be one of the few servers that would have it kinda like market battle.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Can't custom assets be bundled with the map? It would be good to not have a separate asset addon.

Also, personal request, don't go nuts with texture and model detail. I don't want to download a 150MB map ;-;
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(10-30-2020, 04:00 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Can't custom assets be bundled with the map? It would be good to not have a separate asset addon.

Also, personal request, don't go nuts with texture and model detail. I don't want to download a 150MB map ;-;
Custom map assets already need to be bundled with the map. If a map creator has any idea what they're doing they can have an entire map made with custom textures without it being super large. Proper compression is important
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Thanks for the input everyone. This is my first time mapping, so I'm learning a lot and will take your feedback into consideration!