Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hostility in the community.
I couldn't agree more. I know I'm new to the server so my opinion doesn't matter, but all in all I find Dinklebergs to be one of the more fun TTT servers out there even with the toxicity. And yeah Garrysmod has an inherently toxic community, it has been since I first played it more than 7 years ago. But when a servers average accepted toxicity level starts to get closer to the levels of a place like 2b2t or 4chan, its not exactly good, how much longer until Swatting, Doxing, Token Logging, and DDoSing become acceptable behaviors? I'm already seeing things like Ventrilo harassment behaviors (recording someone's voice and playing it back), favoritism, teaming, some staff using their own punishment of choice arbitrarily (not following the handout) and the likes. I'm not going to say who because I already have enough enemies here. Either way, thanks for the fun to the people who have made it fun so far despite the toxicity. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, but it would be nice if everyone could have fun instead of just the people on the "Fun" side of the power struggle.
(12-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Corrinne Wrote: I couldn't agree more. I know I'm new to the server so my opinion doesn't matter, but all in all I find Dinklebergs to be one of the more fun TTT servers out there even with the toxicity. And yeah Garrysmod has an inherently toxic community, it has been since first I played it more than 7 years ago. But when a servers average accepted toxicity level starts to get closer to the levels of a place like 2b2t or 4chan, its not exactly good, how much longer until Swatting, Doxing, Token Logging, and DDoSing become acceptable behaviors? I'm already seeing things like Ventrilo harassment behaviors (recording someone's voice and playing it back), favoritism, teaming, some staff using their own punishment of choice arbitrarily (not following the handout) and the likes. I'm not going to say who because I already have enough enemies here. Either way, thanks for the fun to the people who have made it fun so far despite the toxicity. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, but it would be nice if everyone could have fun instead of the people on the "Fun" side of the power struggle.
Exactly, and no your opinion should matter even if you are new here. At least it should anyway, I only hope that the people who can actually do something about this are listening and are willing to do something about it regardless of the backlash they get for doing their job. I understand that banning/punishing some people will trigger backlash but is it really fine not to ban/punish people just because of backlash? One can only hope I guess that all of the staff team might listen to these concerns and try to solve them. Either way if you are leaving corrine then maybe one day when and if you come back the server will be better.
(12-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Corrinne Wrote: I'm already seeing things like Ventrilo harassment behaviors (recording someone's voice and playing it back), favoritism, teaming, some staff using their own punishment of choice arbitrarily (not following the handout) and the likes.

On the "using their own punishment of choice", the staff are allowed to handle situations with their own discretion, with the guidelines only being there as an example as to what you should do. For instance, if someone unintentionally Mass RDMs, the person handling the reports is allowed to issue an amount of slays equal to how many people didn't forgive their reports.

As for the favoritism, teaming, and recordings of people, welcome to Dinkleberg's TTT.
(12-12-2020, 07:08 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Either way if you are leaving corrine then maybe one day when and if you come back the server will be better.

I'm not leaving, just felt like voicing my opinion, which is rare. ♥
(12-12-2020, 07:14 PM)real trap shit Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Corrinne Wrote: -snip

As for the favoritism, teaming, and recordings of people, welcome to Dinkleberg's TTT.
I still don’t think all of that should be happening at all. Saying it’s dinkleberg ttt shouldn’t just be accepting of it. Anyway laced is right though that kind of stuff happens on here. Doesn’t mean it should though.

(12-12-2020, 07:17 PM)Corrinne Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 07:08 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Either way if you are leaving corrine then maybe one day when and if you come back the server will be better.

I'm not leaving, just felt like voicing my opinion, which is rare. ♥
Alright good then. I know it can probably be hard voicing your own opinion. Hell I have a hard time doing that myself sometimes
(12-12-2020, 07:18 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 07:14 PM)real trap shit Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Corrinne Wrote: -snip

I still don’t think all of that should be happening at all. Saying it’s dinkleberg ttt shouldn’t just be accepting of it. Anyway laced is right though that kind of stuff happens on here. Doesn’t mean it should though.
Of course it shouldn't be happening. The fact that threads like these are being made at all is a testament to how piss-poor the community has become, and how timid the staff have become. The only people with any power to do anything about these issues are sitting with their hands up their asses either because they're afraid of a false abuse report and/or an unban request, or because they just flat out don't care. I guarantee you this shit wouldn't fly with the late 2018 - early 2019 staff team.

edit: Also, if you need proof that the staff don't care, two admins and Dink himself have looked at this thread without saying anything
(12-12-2020, 01:38 PM)real trap shit Wrote: The other times where something is done correctly, the staff member handling it is still met with backlash from the toxic cliques in this community. 

(12-12-2020, 07:24 PM)real trap shit Wrote: The only people with any power to do anything about these issues are sitting with their hands up their asses either because they're afraid of a false abuse report and/or an unban request, or because they just flat out don't care. 

edit: Also, if you need proof that the staff don't care, two admins and Dink himself have looked at this thread without saying anything
These two statements are both contradictory and largely false. You say how the staff team gets shit for doing something about it then go on to say staff doesn't do anything. As I mention below I don't think there is a single staff member that doesn't care about the community nor is afraid of an abuse report. Especially consider I am now the sole admin with other duties outside of this community I try and handle everything I receive but as I will mention below it's not just something me, Dink, Fish, Titan, Alora, or other staff members can fix. 

(12-12-2020, 07:24 PM)real trap shit Wrote: edit: Also, if you need proof that the staff don't care, two admins and Dink himself have looked at this thread without saying anything

Not exactly sure what you want us to say since it's a lot of complaining rather than actual suggestions on making the community better, but I figured I'd give it a go. It really seems to me that there is an expectation that staff will handle it all at once with a magic wand when really it's a community problem that needs to be handled by everyone, not just staff. It's something we all need to look into and work towards being better as a lot of the time any toxicity by individuals is small things that hardly ever deserve punishment. I'd rather not begin mass banning people as you personally know how well that works out. We handle it as it comes in, which I find works better in the long term. 

There are countless bans (recorded in Gbans) for toxicity, harassment, targeting, and more. Saying staff don't care is simply false and insulting to those who care about the community. Both the past and current staff team are some of the most caring individuals of this community and I know none of them actively want someone to be harassed or to be the result of any clique toxicity. 

(12-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Corrinne Wrote: I'm already seeing things like Ventrilo harassment behaviors (recording someone's voice and playing it back), favoritism, teaming, some staff using their own punishment of choice arbitrarily (not following the handout) and the likes. I'm not going to say who because I already have enough enemies here. 
When it comes to staff discrepancies, teaming, harassment, or favoritism I do encourage any and all to actually bring forth evidence or just say something to me. When nothing is brought to me I tend to just ignore any complaints since I cannot do anything based on word alone. Anything that is brought to me has been handled to the best of my ability. Any evidence brought to me can be made anonymous per request and I highly encourage anyone to bring forth evidence of someone using someone else's voice as a soundboard or etc because I will not let that slide, and will personally ban anyone who continues to do so.

(12-12-2020, 07:24 PM)real trap shit Wrote: I guarantee you this shit wouldn't fly with the late 2018 - early 2019 staff team.
Looking back with nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses does nothing to help either. It happened when the server started and is happens now. It didn't just magically stop in 2018, I know for a fact I saw plenty of toxic shit when I first joined around that time frame and I know when I became staff it was handled largely the same way it is now.

I do know for a fact that this year in particular has seen a increase in issues which I largely attribute to the current ongoing pandemic and hostile climate of things outside the community. This year has been hard on quite literally every member of this community. These threads don't do much other than spawn drama and exaggerate issues we know exist and are always working towards fixing.  But I know for a fact the staff teams of all four servers care deeply about the community and always work towards making it a better place. It's an online gaming community, as much as it sucks you can't really get rid of every bit of toxicity. There will always be toxic people, and I have seen far worse communities in that aspect. I do generally care about this community, as I mentioned on Sea Bass's recent post:

(12-10-2020, 04:49 AM)Nicol Wrote: I'm still here because I love this community. People give it far too much shit but it's generally a great community with a lot of caring people. It has its ups and downs of course (and it's fair share of drama) but I've made a lot of friends here and want to continue to help the community exist. 

Specifically referring to the server, it's quite unlike many other TTT servers. An incredibly active playerbase, great staff team, unique add-ons, and more are what drew me in to the community and it's why I stay. I'm a firm believer that people talk more about the negatives of the server and community than anything positive. That's mostly a factor of life however. I've made many great friends here and plan to stick around till the end.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Ok so here is what I was going to do @"Nicol" , after I sent you a message the other day I was going to see how you respond to it and see if it would even be worth it gathering evidence and some more evidence besides the one I shown other staff members. I wanted to be sure you weren't busy or anything since I know you have work and stuff and are the only ttt admin now so I wanted to be sure if I gave evidence you would have time to look at it. That is kinda why I responded the way I did to see how you would respond and if you would have time. But when you didn't respond at all to it I figured it wouldnt even be looked at so I didn't know who else to turn too since I am pretty sure I already tried talking to other staff members about these issues. Anyway hopefully what I stated makes sense enough since I'm really tired of all this, and I dont know if you were saying this to me direclty, but with all due respect if you were stating I was exaggerating things, I am pretty sure I wasn't. I noticed it been happening on my end for probably at least a month or maybe even more. I just wanted to talk to someone about these problems and then then get and give them the evidence to see what they think of it overall. Maybe I didnt explain that in my message to you right, but I was honestly really tired of it keep happening. Hmm. I probably made some mistakes typing this up since its late but I hope I didnt act like a fool and at least explained how I was going about it right.
(12-12-2020, 09:48 PM)Gabeolo Wrote: -deleted-
What now?
(12-12-2020, 09:37 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: (Referring to nicol) But when you didn't respond at all to it I figured it wouldnt even be looked at.
Lol far as I know he always checks shit, but he's a total socialphobe and doesn't know how to respond, so no he doesn't just ignore people. You should be good on this part.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020