Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hostility in the community.
I think some people in this community have been increasingly hostile over the last few months for some odd reason. I noticed it on the forums, in the discord, and in game sometimes too. Hell sometimes it can be downright toxic. My question though should this really be ok? To be hostile towards others and seemingly attack them with names and shade comments. That is mainly the reason why I tried to take a break from this community because of all the hostile comments and seemingly throwing shades at one another. Now before someone tells me I’m probably am part of these problems since someone has called me toxic/hostile before so I’m sure someone will, let me make it clear that whenever I noticed someone had a problem with me because of my actions I usually tried to talk to them and apologized if I offended them or anything. It just seems like it sometimes the same people usually making hostile comments or throwing shade at one another. Anyway if you read this all then thanks and I hope people will calm down soon sometime. Don’t know if anything will change or anyone cares though since I tried telling this to some people but they didn’t care. It just makes me sad I guess and I feel like anytime I bring it up nothing changes and the same people get away with saying hostile stuff and throwing shade and sometimes even harassing other users. In conclusion, there is no need for people to be hostile and harass other users. Still I don’t know if anything will change since it’s the same people doing it everytime it seems, and again I already tried to mention this to some people and some people did care while others really didn’t care. Please for the love of god don’t shit post on this btw. That will just probably start stuff again and I really don’t want this thread turning into that.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13252
i mean if you took a look at this, then yes it went toxic real fucking quick.
dude asked a question and suddenly hes been -1'd by 4 people and then theres shittalking and shitposting in the thread.

Other than that, i barely want to look at the discord
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
The question as to whether it SHOULD be okay is irrelevant, because toxicity has become the new normal. A good portion of the staff don't give a flying fuck about the toxic people that are stomping through the community (not to mention some of the problems ARE staff members) and when someone actually IS punished for whatever it is they do, half of the time it's not done right and there's a large amount of backlash over a small issue. The other times where something is done correctly, the staff member handling it is still met with backlash from the toxic cliques in this community.

Sound familiar?
(12-12-2020, 01:38 PM)real trap shit Wrote: The question as to whether it SHOULD be okay is irrelevant, because toxicity has become the new normal. A good portion of the staff don't give a flying fuck about the toxic people that are stomping through the community (not to mention some of the problems ARE staff members) and when someone actually IS punished for whatever it is they do, half of the time it's not done right and there's a large amount of backlash over a small issue. The other times where something is done correctly, the staff member handling it is still met with backlash from the toxic cliques in this community.

Sound familiar?
Still though, is that really the community people want? For everyone to just be toxic and harass everyone almost every day. Because literally it seems like some people thinks it’s ok when it really shouldn’t be ok. Like I said I even told or tried to tell some of these problems to someone and they just blew me off. Didn’t even answer or anything and I honestly don’t know what to make of that. Like I am pretty sure I wasn’t disrespectful or anything like that so I have no clue why some people just Ignore me when I try to bring up these issues. I just want it to end or something to happen so it can stop. I love this community but these issues I feel should not be ignored. People should care about this and I do feel like some of them do but others don’t.
(12-12-2020, 01:50 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 01:38 PM)real trap shit Wrote: The question as to whether it SHOULD be okay is irrelevant, because toxicity has become the new normal. A good portion of the staff don't give a flying fuck about the toxic people that are stomping through the community (not to mention some of the problems ARE staff members) and when someone actually IS punished for whatever it is they do, half of the time it's not done right and there's a large amount of backlash over a small issue. The other times where something is done correctly, the staff member handling it is still met with backlash from the toxic cliques in this community.

Sound familiar?
Still though, is that really the community people want? For everyone to just be toxic and harass everyone almost every day. Because literally it seems like some people thinks it’s ok when it really shouldn’t be ok. Like I said I even told or tried to tell some of these problems to someone and they just blew me off. Didn’t even answer or anything and I honestly don’t know what to make of that. Like I am pretty sure I wasn’t disrespectful or anything like that so I have no clue why some people just Ignore me when I try to bring up these issues. I just want it to end or something to happen so it can stop. I love this community but these issues I feel should not be ignored. People should care about this.
I don't know whether anybody wants the community to be like that. I certainly don't. The only people who can really do anything are the staff, but getting rid of toxic people doesn't work either. You get rid of one, two more appear.
Addressing hostility in the community
(10-25-2020, 06:57 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: There just seems to be this.. continual frustration that a lot of people have with this server or each other. Something about this place just breeds conflict over the stupidest reasons. It makes me really sad, because this community has so many awesome people, but I can't really get back into it unless I want to wade upstream through a bunch of useless conflict. It really eats through a ton of my mental energy I could be spending on something more.. relaxing.

It certainly wasn't as bad as it was a few months ago.. but still not great. I hope you feel better, and I hope things can be better here for you.
(12-12-2020, 02:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 06:57 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: There just seems to be this.. continual frustration that a lot of people have with this server or each other. Something about this place just breeds conflict over the stupidest reasons. It makes me really sad, because this community has so many awesome people, but I can't really get back into it unless I want to wade upstream through a bunch of useless conflict. It really eats through a ton of my mental energy I could be spending on something more.. relaxing.

It certainly wasn't as bad as it was a few months ago.. but still not great. I hope you feel better, and I hope things can be better here for you.
Yeah I remember this, but basically nothing has changed sadly. I seem to have deal with the same issues everytime I play the game and sometimes even in discord in range from toxic or shade comments towards me and and even harassment. Usually by the same group. Thanks again though Russ.
being toxic 

gmod

community

unfortunately, yeah, it's been like this for awhile
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
I mean no ill will to the people I rag on, I do it because its funny to me. I also tend to do it when I don't feel listened to. Take Inkse's post as an example, the first hint of hostility in the first post was mostly due to the ridiculous phrasing in the part of his post I quoted. After that I make my point in the same post and he just flatout says no. I had to poke at him to get him to actually respond, after that we had a decently civil conversation with him saying his point and me saying mine. With the Beskar guy I was just being a shithead and I couldn't help myself. I can't speak for everyone else but for me its mostly just to feel like I am listened to.
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky