Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Test the Jams
Ingame Name: Jammin

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:243663343
Discord Tag: jammin#8313

When First Joined: June 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): EST time zone, generally available evenings and weekends ~6 PM to midnight (but varies)

Rank Desired: Test Moderator

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: By promotion to test moderator, I would be able to better serve in server by use of teleport commands to free players trapped by buggy weapons or the map in general, as well as place players in an exploitive position back into an in-bound area of the map (currently I have to insist they killbind). Additionally, I would be able to avoid a repeat kicking campaign by being able to apply temporary bans via karma manipulation.
Additonally, the added responsibility that I would take on as test moderator would carry over into other parts of server staffing. I would work with the upper staff to better organize the community, volunteering to do the nitty gritty details that the admins frankly don't have time to do. Things like track unban/staff application elapsed time (can we get these under 1 week before a response?), keeping staff list/committee list updated. Nicol is one person - he can't do it all. I would like to help at the t-mod level in any way I can.
Finally, being test mod brings me one step closer to the moderator role. The moderator role handles the actual action of banning players from the server. Without mods being online, players may be able to come back repeated to wreak havoc on a server. While I could facilitate banning minge players for a short while via karma manipulation, only a moderator can handle major issues like this live. 

Why you want to help the community: Given the shortage of active moderators we now face (1/3 of active mods resigned today), I would like to be available to step up should our upper staff reach critical levels. I would like to get a large amount of experience at test moderator before moving up to moderator. Frankly, I had no plans initially to make this applicaiton - I felt i needed more time as a trusted staff member. However, based on the shortage of active mods we now have (and even larger shortage of active t-mods - 3 now), and given the amount of recent gameplay I've amassed (over 150 hours as trusted alone) I feel that I am ready to handle this responsibility.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 

How did you find us?: Server browser on GMod, looking for a server with strong community and semi-serious but fun gameplay

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: 

I'm not just filing this because @"NotRand" said I should, but other players have encouraged me to apply.
Also, I like giving pros and cons for other such staff applications, so I will try to do so myself.
Pros:
-Gametime is very active
-Often on when less staff on at weird hours
-Knows rules of RDM well
-Handles RDM reports accurately & issues punishments early (so player can appeal if desired)
-Zero tolerance on slurs
-(i try) to make gameplay fun
-Files ban requests frequently
-Responsive to On-Call staff calls
-Friendly & professional, approachable & keeps any evidence confidential as appropriate

Cons:
-Struggles to notice map/other illegal exploits - this is more often than not alerted to me by other players
-May not notice harassment if it is subtle, may act too softly on harassment issues
-Too strict on spam gag/mutes when it isn't an issue (e.g. soundboards in dead chat)
-Slow with RDM reports
-Not always sure how to handle complex situations (e.g. RDM chains, etc.)
-Video recording is low quality
-May struggle to distinguish between general chat and more edgy statements (e.g. racist comments that don't have slurs, but shouldn't be permitted) made in chat by other players.
-Have roughly 46 days as trusted, roughly 30 on server (not very long)

As always I appreciate constructive community feedback. My discord and forum accounts are open for PM, please let me know how else I can improve my staffing in server.
Thank you!

A jam to leave you with, dedicated to NotRand, derp, Prince Nicky, dong, dan, my other former staff buddies who have crossed over the RDM bridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJtL8vWN...lyjoelVEVO

Edits for left alignment and to correct time played (497 hours, not minutes)
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
He's finally done it. The easiest +1 I've ever given out. Dude works hard to remind players of rules, is very active in discord and forums, makes every post clear and concise, also just has fun playing the game. In addition you've also listed things you know you need to improve on but show what you already bring to our team.
Some advice from me. Tmod is largely not an upgrade in power but more of title and with the title you carry more weight in how you say an act, stepping up you should expect to keep any off behavior out of community view. As long as you keep that in mind I think you have the potential to be one of the best we've ever had. Good luck jammin and hope to see you blue soon!
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
+1 bottons covered it all.
Amazing staff member
Great person.

EzPz

I am cactus
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
Easy +1, Already a great trusted who staffs good with decent availability, fly high brother.
+1. No questions asked, m8

You're aware of your cons and that's hard to read in a staff application (I've lurked the archive). Also being professional while being a volunteer shows a lot of what kind of person you are. I'm sure the ability to tempban instead of adding a ton of autoslays (and cluttering the slay database?) will be the best addition to your tools.
+1s probably don’t mean shit, but +1. Definitely one of the best TTT trusteds/mods/admins. And that’s from someone who thinks ASAB!!

Easy choice in my opinion, promote the man
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Fucking easy +1, Jammin could honestly be a mod. He'll do great as a TMod.
He/Him/His
+1 while I haven't been on recently the time I have been on when you've been on you've done your job well.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
+1; honestly one of my favorite mods. Even when you're slow, you're doing the job right.
[Image: 90]

+1. Great community engagement. well-liked and takes care of business. Jammin is ready.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]