Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Gift That Keeps On Giving.
Ingame Name: Nimble Jack

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:43665684

Time Played: 566 hours aprox

When First Joined: May 25th, 2017 (According to game tracker) 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Usually late evening/early morning 8 PM - 4 AM PST

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donator 

What can you do to help the community: Enforce slays when deemed necessary and any other task as deemed befitting someone in the trusted role, doing such at times where no other staff tends to be on. I'll continue to gag/mute players who harass/mic spam in the chat, doing so only if deemed serious enough to do so. As such I'll also maintain posting on the forums, putting in ban requests if not commenting on ban requests I was involved with.  

Why you want to help the community: At this point in time the server is losing/has lost a fair shake of staff and I want to put forward my services to help at the capacity of which I'd be allotted. Most of the time I am on and playing tends to be absent of any moderation so I want to be there to help out during those lawless and inhospitable hours.
I genuinely have a fun time playing on TTT with the rest of the regulars, it's a habit of mine to play whenever I'm feeling down and want a quick pick me up. Interactions with said players is great, even more so when I get the chance to talk with peeps on the discord VC. I've made friends throughout the years while playing on Dinkleberg's, some who still play with us and some who stopped well a while ago. It's only fair to assume that I want to give back a little, helping out this community and maintaining the fun environment that I grown to enjoy. 
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Yes (Hacking - Permabanned, since unbanned due to false claims), Yes (Mass RDM/Permaban, no thread to show because it was handled without one, another mistaken ban), and Yes (Hacking - Permabanned, since unbanned due to false claims, again.) 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Yes I have 

How did you find us?: Server browser, previously frequented server had died due to inactivity. 

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes I have. 

Other: I'd like to say I have fulfilled any previously suggested requirement since the last time I posted a staff app, of course such judgement is not up to me but rather the rest of you. 

I'll try to put fourth my case either way. 

On the requirement for community engagement I would argue that I've done a fair bit of that, though really what constitutes as such is really what has me puzzled. I don't want to seem as if I'm interacting with others outside of the server only because of this, though I do find it hard to keep up with places as active as the General chat in discord which I peek at daily. Really its the discord VCs where its at and I'm still waiting for the next chance we play jackbox where I can embarrass myself again. 

I've only had the chance to post 6 ban reqs on the forums this past month since first being told that its something I should focus on improving. I'll be honest, I could've done more but I set my bar to only do massrdm and ghosting ban reqs, the former only when it's an actual problem. I try to post reports only if I feel I have gathered enough sufficient evidence, another limitation but honestly a necessary one. 

(At this point I lost my train of thought and christmas dinner was stinking up the apartment, so I'll end it here) 

Merry Christmas Everybody 
Just based on from my personal interactions with you,

You are a level-headed individual who knows how to listen to others, which I can infer based on that, you also are capable of working with others as a TEAM well. This is something someone looking to be staff needs, as the TTT staff team does not need nor want anyone who is unwilling to listen or work with others. You also know how to joke around yet once you understand it is a serious discussion, you are able to adapt and make a switch to acting more serious. In other words, you can appeal to both sides of the community rather than only biasing being in favor of one of them. It's also clear that you know how to make a ban request so that's another plus. 

You're a solid candidate, and for that, I'll give you a +1. TTT would be a better place with you as Trusted. 

Best of luck on your application as a staff member, Jack.
+1. I think you've got what it takes.
He/Him/His
Jack was one of the people who tried to help out with a situation on server recently where we kinda got screwed as a bunch of donors who didn't wanna get stomped for trying to stop something that probably should've warranted a mod or tmod, but regardless, Jack genuinely seemed to try to help out the best he could, more than I did for sure, and I've never seen an issue with him at all when we're on.
I'll +1 the guy, I don't see it going wrong
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
My thoughts on Jack's past staff app apply here as well.

- Jack mentioned that he had previously been (falsely) banned for hacking on the server. He even points out that there were multiple such false bans. I remember that Jack came to me frustrated by these false bans and with his unban requests being denied. So we worked together to craft a strategy that would help him prove his innocence to the rest of the server and prevent his unban requests from being denied again. Now this whole ordeal spanned multiple months, yet Jack kept up this his resolve to be unbanned. Never did he lash out at the people banning him falsely - he approached it as calmly and professionally as he possibly could. I think this is pretty impressive and shows a great attribute for staff members - staying calm in situations that might cause others to lash out.

- Jack has excellent gameplay within the past 30 days according to Gametracker. Better than many staff members.

- Multiple recent ban requests. Several of these are hacking ban requests, which are notoriously hard to prove. But Jack has attached video evidence and the logs for both of these. Overall, these are very professionally done - if I tried putting together a ban request myself today, I doubt it'd come out looking as clean and clear.

- Been in the community for over three years now
i, too, will revert to my previous comments, as I feel they hold true now:
Pros:
-Knows the rules well
-Plays to a gamerfessional standard
-Friendly
-Experienced
-Former TTT moderator in servers gone by
-Currently moderates group chats
-Explains former bans well, each ban appears to have been mistaken

Additionally:
-Remains active
-Several ban requests added to your repository

Two of your recent ban requests were for ghosting/teaming - the hardest type of sin to prove, other than aimbot hacking (in my opinion). You did two of these, which generally need the most experience to perform.

I'll reserve a vote for the committee as I am part of that committee.
Good luck with your application, Jack.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1-ing again, Nimble Jack would be a great addition to the late night staff team. He is active, knows the rules, and gets along with players.
Easy +1, I said why the first try.
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
Easiest +1 of my life, definitely going to be active and helpful as a staff member.
You’re a fun player and cool guy to be around, but I have seen you be one-sided, rude, and very aggressive to quite a handful of people, especially guests. I’ve also heard you threaten to kick or gag individuals that did argued with you. I don’t think you did it, but I remember the threats. And for that reason I’m out. I’d like to see you be more level-headed before I vouch for you.

I will point out that I witnessed this happening maybe 3-4 times that I can recall over the past 2 months, and there is no other mention of a similar situation by anyone else. I am inclined to believe that these were isolated and rare incidents but as a staff member you need to keep cool 24/7. These are the only negative things that stuck out to me regarding your app, everything else about you makes you seem good for the position.