Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member class? Part Two
I wanted to have fun with the title ngl

Have you considered a parallel class to supporter that would be good for users that don't want to be either staff or donors? It's likely a power user but also a way for the userbase to be part of the community; maybe as a method to engage people and of course to give a better sense of identity. It could also be a way for content creators to be members (of course if there are any) while not leaving them just on their own.
no
Thats just regular with powers honestly
Yes, it’s called trusted. This role was for people who wanted to help out casually but not be staff. Along the way it became a stepping stone to mod.
I essentially tried this at the beginning of year but it was shot down

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11332
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I was thinking if something like that was possible. Regular is more of playing on a server for a while. Not of engaging as part of a community. Something like clan member but of course with a Dinkleberg's GMod twist
I have been on servers with a trusted rank like you're talking about. I think rather than adding a new rank, we could just choose to reorganize staff and expand existing ranks.
Something like Newbie<Member=Master=Regular<Donor<Donor+ = Trusted < Test Mod <Moderator<Admin<Owner in terms of powers. Assuming donor+ isn't already Donor + Mod and not someone who donates more than it costs to become a regular donor lol.
The problem might just be caused by the lack of higher staff though, and not with the system per say. Also, I think Trusted should be able to ban for 1-2 hours if they can slay over 20 times. Like people that mass rdm can still do harm after they are slain for the round waiting for a higher rank to ban them. ie Ghost, Spam the server, Mic Spam.

Also, we should add the !friends command to everyone above Member. A lot of ghosters private themselves, so !friends will make it easier to tell if someone's ghosting with another player.

I suppose what is a better option is to make more people trusted, till we're fully staffed out.

While we're on the subjects of ranks, it'd be cool to make a custom rank for people that donate a certain amount, and if they become staff you can add a suffix/prefix to it.
Ex. Server Rdmer+ or (s)Server Rdmer
Again I'll humor the idea.

How does someone get this magical rank? 
Is it voted on? 
Occurs naturally with time? 
Do you feel that each player who has played X amount of time should inherently get powers?
a role specifically tailored to me is better idea imho
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I think our current structure works well. There are several high-hour high-expeeience members who shouldn't so much as breath about additional powers.
Adding such a role (e.g. let's call them test trusted) should also be by application and must require substantial hours. If given powers, it should be kick and gag, maybe RDM Manager but only use it if no staff online. Fun commands like queue should be held for donors or actual staff.
Idk
Interesting idea but probably not practical
To me, I think it's best
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks