Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaint about "Test or KOS"
I was playing on ttt_orange and was passing by the desk area near T-room, and was aware that 2 detectives were very liberally calling "test or KOS" with VERY short time to react before they shot. So five seconds or so prior to my passing by, Homer had called Test or KOS on Panzer, giving him less than 3 seconds to respond, killing him (innocent) and immediately moving to another person, which happened to  be me as I was passing by. Now I was inno, and had no reason to be suspect, and he said "test or KOS", to which I IMMEDIATELY stopped walking and started typing, asking where the tester was ("show me the tester") as it was not within my line of sight. Immediately after I stopped, he shouted "fivefourthreetwoone" (as one word) and killed me, which was just was I was pressing enter on my words, evidenced as they got out before I died. He was not slain for this, nor was the deathcam even checked to my knowledge. This was not ANYWHERE close to ample time for "test or KOS", and it went suspiciously unpunished, especially given the frequency of him doing that during that round.

What is "ample time", because I know for a fact this was not even close.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

I feel three to 5 ACTUAL seconds should be good.
Reasonable time is around 3 to 5 seconds. You're best maybe meeting in the middle with 4 seconds, at least to give others more of a fair chance.

Edit: Adding to what BMan said, 3 to 5 ACTUAL SECONDS. No fast counting at all.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
The thing is though, people need to actually make sure it is 3-5 SECONDS.... there are so many who count down from five so quickly that it is basically them giving you 1 second to test even if you cant see the tester, I think we need to sturdy up on this concept
(04-14-2017, 02:32 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote: I feel three to 5 ACTUAL seconds should be good.

5 Seconds is fair imo, but in my case A) It was nowhere close to five seconds, unfortunately it was the last round, and the report wasn't handled until next map, so no deathcam proof. B) I clearly stopped to type, and had been text-only for the whole time I logged in. It's a bit frustrating, he was clearly bending the time rule just far enough so that he couldn't be slain for it, but enough to justify shooting me.
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

Yeah Like say the test or KOS a couple times then give an actual 5 second countdown. For the time challenged you might want to use the Mississippi technique
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
Unpopular opinion, but I think sometimes the test or kos rule is bullshit in and of itself, especially since you can call high sus instead and kill em in overtime
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
I dislike this rule because i always seem to get caught as a T. It does make sense though to KOS you not Sus, because why would an innocent not want to test to be proven and win the round easier? If a detective is doing the "fast countdown" bullshit just report him for not giving enough time to test imo
(04-15-2017, 08:45 AM)Foxka Wrote: I dislike this rule because i always seem to get caught as a T. It does make sense though to KOS you not Sus, because why would an innocent not want to test to be proven and win the round easier? If a detective is doing the "fast countdown" bullshit just report him for not giving enough time to test imo
It does suck when you spawn next to a detective and they shout it at you before you get a chance to get away, ruining your t round. I think maybe you shouldn't be able to call it within the first minute of the round? It would give Ts a fair chance to trait and detectives a good idea of who they want to test.
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

Maybe possibly have a cool down on the tester like an older successful server i used to play on, the porta tester would only work after i think a minute or so. You could still buy it and hold it, but it wasn't useable for that time.